David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/20/10 10:18 p.m.

One of our dogs thinks she's a parrot. I was just sitting on the floor, and in one motion she jumped from the floor to my shoulder--like got all four legs up there. I was impressed.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/21/10 6:23 a.m.

That sounds like one seriously energetic Golden Retriever.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
7/21/10 8:55 a.m.

I had a Pit Bull that would perch like a bird. Look in the back yard and she'd be sitting on top of the BBQ grill or on top of the dog house. We called her a Bully Dog Bird.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
7/21/10 9:00 a.m.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
7/21/10 9:15 a.m.

My terrier always seeks high ground. He is a sight hunter - so I assume he just wants to be up high to see further but its pretty damn funny to see him perched atop the gas grill or whatever the tallest thing he can scale is. Its even funnier when he is up on something tall and a squirrel runs across the yard - he will leap into a full run. I should say used-to... he is 12 now and does not move that quickly anymore.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/21/10 9:28 a.m.

Lightning storm? Mine will jump like hell when the strikes hit.

RossD
RossD Dork
7/21/10 3:38 p.m.

I taught my old dog to jump into trees.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
7/21/10 3:59 p.m.

Bully Dog Bird's mother, E36 M3head, would climb trees after cats. I've seen her going 8' up a tree after one.

kcmoken
kcmoken New Reader
7/21/10 4:06 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: I had a Pit Bull that would perch like a bird. Look in the back yard and she'd be sitting on top of the BBQ grill or on top of the dog house. We called her a Bully Dog Bird.

Mine does that as well. I thought that was unique to her, craziest thing I have ever seen is her perched on a Weber kettle grill. She tried that with my head exactly one time. She must have leapt at least 5-6 feet horizontal from behind me while I was sitting on a lawn chair, and she landed perched on my head. One time only though...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/21/10 4:31 p.m.

This is a Min Pin-Corgi--kind of a short dog that likes to jump. Really, though, she wants to be a hat. She's always trying to climb up on our heads.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
7/21/10 5:03 p.m.

Wow. My cat does that, but that's typical for a siamese.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1gL5RLSHKfDvMK5LyNI5tGKU5ru0B1hi2W13gzLG4IdGklslAQJyuoTXUr3OJJ5R