1 ... 96 97 98
RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/18/24 10:23 a.m.

Anyone mess with air rifles here?  I have a 10 shot Gamo Swarm in .177 that has been my go to for the chipmunks that try to make homes in my vinyl siding and under my shed.  I've started to have problems with raccoons lately and they seem to be too smart or too strong for my traps.  I just picked a PCP air rifle to be my Raccoon Remover 3000 Air Venturi Avenger in 25 cal, 8 shot magazine, side lever action. Dead quiet and laser accurate compared to my break barrel Gamo.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/24 10:26 a.m.

In reply to stroker :

A decent scope and you will be fine.  You may need a bit more magnification than someone else.  I  have glasses and don't have any issues.  I like to get scopes that are a bit over-magnified rather than under.  You can always dial it back a little.  Also, most scopes, and especially LPVO's, have more distortion at the extreme ends of their range, especially in the less expensive ones.  In some cases, getting a cheaper scope with a bit more magnification is cheaper than a high-quality one in which you are running out to the max magnification.  

1 ... 96 97 98

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
efUSYoW3ki0dWq6NcVQDNbmMkEj2QWIPhsWiErs70SEaOjmcrGV95RMdsqpWBo8U