1 2
Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/10/11 10:55 p.m.
SVreX wrote: If I'm not mistaken, I'm quite sure it is generally the BREAD that is buttered, not the CAT. But if buttered cats are what you are into... whatever floats your boat.

No, no, no, floats your cat, not boat, cat.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/10/11 11:04 p.m.

Duz they flotz?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Dork
8/11/11 7:42 a.m.
neon4891 wrote: Simple physics people, a cat has much more mass than a slice of buttered bread/toast, therefore the cat overpowers the bread.

Pffffftt! Just tie on more slices until an equilibrium is reached.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/11/11 9:37 a.m.

so how do you catch a buttered cat? That sounds akin to a greased pig contest.. but with teeth and claws

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
8/11/11 11:30 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: so how do you catch a buttered cat? That sounds akin to a greased pig contest.. but with teeth and claws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9_jIa2WADc

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
8/11/11 12:16 p.m.

You don't need to catch him. If you butter his paws, he stays home.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
8/11/11 12:50 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: Simple physics people, a cat has much more mass than a slice of buttered bread/toast, therefore the cat overpowers the bread.

I would assume that would be the case, if the force exerted by the buttered toast was proportional to mass as the force exerted by the cat. I guess it would depend on how the force is exerted. I keep thinking back to magnets.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
8/11/11 12:54 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: so how do you catch a buttered cat?

Harpoon

mad_machine
8/11/11 1:14 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
I would assume that would be the case, if the force exerted by the buttered toast was proportional to mass as the force exerted by the cat. I guess it would depend on how the force is exerted. I keep thinking back to magnets.

Would the quality of the butter help? Real butter over margarin?

4eyes
4eyes HalfDork
8/18/11 9:48 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Harpoon

Flamethrower

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
8/18/11 9:49 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Harpoon

Harpoons are for hefty girls.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/19/11 7:53 a.m.
mndsm wrote:

how do they work?

fasted58
fasted58 Dork
8/19/11 8:07 a.m.

In cat vs. buttered toast being equals in lore will cancel each other out. Cat will land on it's side or face/ butt plant perpendicular to the ground.

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
8/19/11 12:45 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
RossD wrote: A paradox: "This statement is false."
"Don't-think-about-it-don't-think-about-it..."

I LOVED that game!

"Oh, that Weasley. Killing him wouldn't be enough. I think I'll start him with a year in the incinerator. Followed by two years in the cryogenic chamber. Then, ten years in the chamber that I built where all the robots scream at you. . . . Then I'll kill him."

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
8/19/11 1:21 p.m.

pair o' docks?

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
8/19/11 1:22 p.m.

Or is that pair of ducks?

mmmm, duck breast.

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
8/19/11 1:24 p.m.

cat pair of ducks

doc_speeder
doc_speeder Reader
8/19/11 1:40 p.m.

I think I get it, but I think I have no idea what the hell most of you guys are talking about. Yet it is entertaining...

mad_machine
8/19/11 1:51 p.m.

Pair of Ducts?

fasted58
fasted58 Dork
8/19/11 2:06 p.m.

pair 'o foxes

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q6XPHVZsxRtjTaxzHrF2CtR6ISBIrOGmXIs1lskXvbiev3iotsBV1HxmfVkj3fpb