1/26/21 2:14 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) :

Perhaps a job trimming?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/26/21 2:28 p.m.
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

What if I'm the trained monkey?

I am pretty sure I am the monkey. The training was optional I believe.

In reply to NOT A TA :

Fat people don't bounce. We splat. 

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/26/21 3:21 p.m.
ShawnG said:
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) said:

If a trained monkey could do my job I would train a bunch of them and open my own shop. 

We already have Home Depot.

That's not what I do for a living. You would probably need chimpanzees for that. 

90BuickCentury
90BuickCentury Reader
1/26/21 4:17 p.m.

A trained monkey could probably complete 10-20% of my tasks in a mostly acceptable manner. A computer could maybe do 5-10% of my tasks. So 80-95% of my job functions require a human being to be present on-site. There are some parts of my job that can be done remotely, but it is primarily hands-on.

Sparkydog
Sparkydog HalfDork
1/26/21 5:04 p.m.

Lately I get the feeling the monkeys are in charge and have trained us to cause chaos and randomly write Shakespeare.

The occasional video or story about us training a monkey is just a ploy by them to keep us off track.

jgrewe
jgrewe Reader
1/26/21 8:25 p.m.
Sparkydog said:

Lately I get the feeling the monkeys are in charge and have trained us to cause chaos and randomly write Shakespeare.

The occasional video or story about us training a monkey is just a ploy by them to keep us off track.

Its been shown that the mice are in charge.

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/21 12:28 a.m.

the majority of my job is creative, so I think a monkey could do about 30 to 40% in the form of the heavy lifting.  We might be able to train him or her to actualy run a show, but the programming, placement, and setup would require a more delicate touch.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
1/27/21 12:40 a.m.

I suppose you could train a monkey to sit around for 12 hours but my money’s on the Rats

Secondarily, I always wondered, why do I hate Thai food? I should love it. It has all the things I like. After eating some Jamaican rice and hating it (I love rice) I looked at the recipe. Coconut milk. So if it would mean no more coconut milk, the monkeys can have my job. 

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
1/27/21 4:48 a.m.

Yes, but he would be a VERY sexy monkey.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/27/21 5:59 a.m.

Animals I've worked on: cats and dogs, various reptiles and amphibians, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, birds, horses, cows, (and once each) pfennig fox, zebra, manatee, leopard, tiger.

Non-human primates? No berkeleying way. 

And I don't see them practicing medicine any time soon.

I think a computer could do some aspects of my job but it's got to be a lot better than the google search results that my clients come up with. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/27/21 8:01 a.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

I think a computer could do some aspects of my job but it's got to be a lot better than the google search results that my clients come up with. 

My vet (a family member) told me that they've handed a scalpel to a client once who was telling them the correct way to spay a cat - if the clients google search was better than the 8 years of schooling and 20 years of practice that my cousin had, so be it, they weren't going to stand in their way. 

This family member also prides himself on being able to spay a cat in less than 6 minutes. 

Turboeric
Turboeric GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/27/21 10:58 a.m.

I'm retired - training the monkey would be overkill!

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
1/27/21 11:06 a.m.

I think I lost my job already !

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/27/21 1:54 p.m.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zs65Hctqb4PSk1hNEpmrBFmyYNpd2K7CLp16hqs5826YyNLi5dISUtTQAibqSIz8