1 2
dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/13/20 9:24 a.m.
1988RedT2 said:

I know some large groundhogs live back there, but I have no idea what groundhog poop looks like.

Here you go:

Ever had somebody walk up to you and show you a handful of poo?  It's a tad weird.

I have kids, so I not only know what that's like, I also know what it's like to want to take that poop from the person's hand.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/20 9:29 a.m.
Paul_VR6 said:

Looks like all the horse poo we get in the road with all the Amish here. 

OP said it was close to the house.   I wonder if one of his local Amish may be a little peeping tAmish.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/13/20 9:30 a.m.

I know that if a two year old gets in their diaper and spreads their poo all over them it looks like peanut butter. I even asked myself where did he get that much peanut butter?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/13/20 9:48 a.m.

They released Elk into the mountains of NC a while back. Tennessee did something similar- are you by chance near the North Cumberland Wildlife Management Area? 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/13/20 10:25 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:
Paul_VR6 said:

Looks like all the horse poo we get in the road with all the Amish here. 

OP said it was close to the house.   I wonder if one of his local Amish may be a little peeping tAmish.

Oh my god that was so bad I snorted audibly and couldn't help laughing. You bastard.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/13/20 10:49 a.m.
aircooled said:

Does it taste like hay?

That reminds me, how do the tell the difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal one? 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/20 10:59 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:
aircooled said:

Does it taste like hay?

That reminds me, how do the tell the difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal one? 

i never had one of those taste like hay, but neither of my parents were veterinarians.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/13/20 11:17 a.m.
Stampie said:

I know that if a two year old gets in their diaper and spreads their poo all over them it looks like peanut butter. I even asked myself where did he get that much peanut butter?

Oh dude!  When the eldest Hungarling was just months old, I was making pumpkin pie.  I had to pause in the middle of making the filling to go change his diaper.  When I got back to the pot on the stove I noticed a chocolate chip sized chunk of brown stuff on my stirrin hand...

The bad part about this was, it was a pretty loose stool I just cleaned out of his diaper and the color was disturbingly similar, so this could have gone either way.

Not knowing with 100% certainty whether or not the substance on my hand was pie filling or poo (and not willing to taste test it to find out) I dumped about 3-pies worth of pumpkin pie filling in the trash.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
1/13/20 12:55 p.m.

Growing up on a farm, those are what we'd call horse biscuits.  They make great artillery!

The cow patties make good Frisbees when dry.

As a younger lad, around the 4th of July I had a real tough time keeping my clothes clean, as my cousins and I passed the time blowing craters with Black Cats in fresh cow patties.

Ahh the aroma, black powder and cow E36 M3.  Is that a Yankee candle flavor yet?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
1/13/20 1:20 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Not complaining, mind you, but of all the pics of woodchuck poop I saw after a quick google search, the only one that looked like it had been sprayed with a few coats of high-gloss clear was the one you posted.

This looks a lot like the poop I saw this weekend.  Thanks for helping to solve this mystery.

Sparkydog
Sparkydog Reader
1/13/20 3:34 p.m.
Will said:

I wondered if that might be the case, but I can't imagine how/why a horse would come to be so close to my house.

The horse doesn't want to be near your house, but it's rider DOES. Clearly you're being stalked by Lady Godiva!!

Will
Will UltraDork
1/13/20 5:26 p.m.

In reply to Sparkydog :

That would be super, but she's allowed to knock on the door.

No Amish in the area, elk are extremely rare, and I'll skip the taste test.

There is a guy a mile or so over who has a small buffalo herd (really), but he keeps them penned for fairly obvious reasons.

My house (and by extension, the poop) are 50+ yards off the road, so if someone were riding a horse down the street, they'd really have to go out of their way to leave it where it is.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IzeowjRvPWQU3q3m43SwKLUbn2g5ec5iyBgym48KpwxZ5omlNUdAz2CuTbkAbCuS