1 2
Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/26/22 3:46 p.m.

I'm looking for a late model single cab, 8'bed, 4x4 truck.  GM or RAM. These things are rare on the ground. Preferably in a non white color.  

If you guys happen to see one sitting for sale somewhere that's within a days drive from north Florida would you please let me know? 

I've only found a handful searching nation wide online but nothing has stood out yet. 

Thank you

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/26/22 3:56 p.m.

I actually saw two at Dale Earnhardt Jr GMC in Tallahassee Fl when I passed by the dealership on my lunch break.  They stood out because you don't Single cab long beds that often anymore..  Both are white though, not sure if either are 4x4 but they did sit really high.  They aren't on the website so you may need to call.

EDIT:  I just checked the website again and they are there, just have to search for new trucks..  Looks like WT trim and not 4x4 unfortunately.  

https://www.daleearnhardtjrbuickgmc.com/inventory/new-2022-gmc-sierra-1500-limited-pro-rear-wheel-drive-regular-cab-3gtn8aek6ng156982/

Another EDIT:  This one is 4x4 https://www.daleearnhardtjrbuickgmc.com/inventory/new-2022-gmc-sierra-1500-limited-pro-four-wheel-drive-regular-cab-3gtn9aed5ng166689/#

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/26/22 4:08 p.m.

In reply to 06HHR (Forum Supporter) :

Even the 2wd ones sit crazy high, especially the 2500s. I really would prefer any color except white.  Bonus points for black.  But I guess a wrap is always an option. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/26/22 4:21 p.m.

An 8 foot box single cab truck is pretty much white, although they do exist in other colors.  99% of them are going to be fleet trucks, and white is a good base for a wrap.

I used to see a few blue ones around, but not anymore.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/26/22 4:23 p.m.

My friend and I who both own single cabs were joking of starting The Single Cab Society to celebrate the rareness and exclusivity. 

Even rarer, when was the last time you saw a single cab dually? 

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/26/22 4:26 p.m.

I actually saw one today! Out getting lunch.  It was a squarebody Chevy C20 (or C30) with not a lick of rust on it.  No pics because driving..

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/26/22 5:31 p.m.

I was thinking to hunt the work truck conversion guys that pull the factory bed and put on the plumbing or construction back end.  They will literally all be white but at least brand new?

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/26/22 5:34 p.m.

You mention late model, but don't give a price range.  In todays market you may be better off custom ordering a new one if that's a possibility.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/26/22 5:41 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

If I can't find one I like I may just end up doing that.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/26/22 7:07 p.m.
John Welsh said:

My friend and I who both own single cabs were joking of starting The Single Cab Society to celebrate the rareness and exclusivity. 

Hgreg had one of those for sale about 3 months ago. I should have bought it. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/26/22 7:10 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Southern California 4 years ago. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/26/22 7:18 p.m.

C30's have been mentioned twice.  These used to be so popular that Chevy even put them in ads.  

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
1/26/22 9:13 p.m.

I was gonna say look in farm country, farmers buy regular cab long beds. But you want late model, and those guys tend to hold onto trucks for a long time.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
1/26/22 10:16 p.m.

Most of their trucks are white, so that doesn't help, but fastenal sells their fleet trucks, and most are 8' bed reg cab ram 1500s:

https://vehicles.fastenal.com

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
1/26/22 10:33 p.m.

Flights to Baltimore are cheap. 2015 Brown Ram 3500
I'd think 4x4 would be more popular up here vs Florida  

https://www.antwerpenchevy.com/used/Ram/2015-Ram-3500-a60ab9f70a0e09b178e5b16aa52efc0f.htm

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/27/22 12:13 a.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

I like that brown.  I don't think I want to deal with the hassle of long distance deal making. 

And I'm in the part of Florida where 4x4 trucks outnumber any other type of vehicle by probably 2:1.  

It's a shame that a regular cab trucks are so rare now. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
1/27/22 8:55 a.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

I figured that brown one was an oddball spec, especially for a 3500. I'd assume most single cabs are 1500s

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/27/22 9:00 a.m.

If you go to the Ram site and build a tradesman model there are a ton of colors that can be ordered. The colors are typical "municipal" colors for fleets but I think "ole average people" can also order the colors.  I think it's a $450 option but there are some nice blues and brights like yellow and orange. 

Sample 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/27/22 12:14 p.m.

TIL Fastenall sell trucks.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/27/22 12:28 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Not as many as they used to. See this Pre covid Fastenal Chatter. Currently about 24 units listed for sale. Previously more than 900 listed for sale. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/27/22 12:47 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

The issue with RAM is they stopped the single cab 8'bed with the 5th gen trucks. The 2500 and up series trucks are still 4th gen based so you can get the configuration I desire.  However I feel the 5th gen is such a big improvement over the 4th gen that I'm waiting for them to update the heavier duty trucks. 

My current truck is a 5th gen RAM 1500. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/27/22 3:59 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

You mention late model, but don't give a price range.  In todays market you may be better off custom ordering a new one if that's a possibility.

I just spoke to the local chevy dealer and they are not sure GM will allow that order through.  He explained that they are only allowing certain orders to go through due to the current global situation. 

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
1/27/22 7:33 p.m.
Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/27/22 8:23 p.m.

In reply to dxman92 :

Thank you

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
2/2/22 10:56 p.m.

Still haven't found one but I did find out that RAM will take an order for what I want unlike GM so that's likely what I'm going to do.  Delivery is 3-6 months out but that's better than not even being able to place an order. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PbRTaNFLVzg3rlGw5ru3Txp0KnMzubYE4aDE9hwNWpWkpoDWGk4QjnuMj6LGSPf0