1 2
vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/5/12 7:23 p.m.

Seriously, I'm ready for some football. Not this crap.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltraDork
9/5/12 7:37 p.m.

No they paid for this crap and they are going to berkeleying show it!

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
9/5/12 7:39 p.m.

Why do they have to have football on Wednesday nights, anyway?

rainydave
rainydave New Reader
9/5/12 7:48 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: Why do they have to have football on Wednesday nights, anyway?

They didn't want to compete with the Prez's speech tomorrow night.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
9/5/12 8:03 p.m.

Thank you football gods!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/5/12 8:17 p.m.

ugh... not football season. Sorry, I cannot stand the sport.. and it is ALL the people at work talk about

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
9/5/12 8:30 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

I can respect that. You probably hate the sport itself as much as I hate college football and their fans... especially the fans.

"Berk ya! Berk yaaaaa! Go for it Berkface!!!" - Rob Ryan.

Anyone see him say that a couple of minutes ago?

Grtechguy
Grtechguy PowerDork
9/6/12 7:03 a.m.

What's football?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/6/12 7:49 a.m.

It's Beer Commercial Season again already?

I can't wait to see what kind of stereotype guy/buddy hijinks they come up with this year!

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
9/6/12 8:35 a.m.

I can't wait for February. If you let me ignore something I don't like, I'll happily keep to my self. But there is no way to remain part of society and avoid 5 months of ZOMFG FOOTBALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/6/12 8:49 a.m.

I've got better things to do that watch a bunch of millionaires chase a ball. (Or future millionaires = college ball) I'll be on the computer killing zombies if anyone needs me. (No one ever needs me)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/6/12 8:57 a.m.

We talking American football or "soccer?" Because living within media range of South America, I will welcome American Football just for a break from the berkeleying soccer.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
9/6/12 9:53 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: I've got better things to do that watch a bunch of millionaires chase a ball. (Or future millionaires = college ball)

I bet you'd watch millionaires chase each other around a race track, though.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
9/6/12 9:56 a.m.

Yeah. Football is totally unavoidable. Just like posting in this thread about how dumb you think it is, right?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
9/6/12 10:38 a.m.
RealMiniDriver wrote:
Gearheadotaku wrote: I've got better things to do that watch a bunch of millionaires chase a ball. (Or future millionaires = college ball)

That doesn't count because _____

9/6/12 10:43 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Yeah. Football is totally unavoidable. Just like posting in this thread about how dumb you think it is, right?

It isn't football itself per-se... it is all the bullE36 M3 that goes with it. I watch kids play on the weekend and they manage to get a full game in in under 90 minutes. If you don't have Tivo - pro/college football is impossible to watch.

Unless you are a Ravens or Cowboys fan. Then it is just retarded at all times Tivo or not.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
9/6/12 11:00 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Yeah. Football is totally unavoidable. Just like posting in this thread about how dumb you think it is, right?
It isn't football itself per-se... it is all the bullE36 M3 that goes with it. I watch kids play on the weekend and they manage to get a full game in in under 90 minutes. If you don't have Tivo - pro/college football is impossible to watch. Unless you are a Ravens or Cowboys fan. Then it is just retarded at all times Tivo or not.

We get 20 - 40 people together for every 1:00 Steelers game, every season. Brisket from our kickass BBQ place, Kielbasa from the strip in Pittsburgh, one couple orders a dozen frozen Pizzas shipped from Mineo's and brings one or two to each game, and I'll do 10lbs of hot wings 3 or 4 times a season.

George's basement is 2500 square feet of wall to wall, floor to ceiling Pittsburgh memorabilia. The "Heath" Bar seats 12. Every score is celebrated with lights and a siren from an old fire station in Pittsburgh, and a shot of Crown for everyone who'll have one. The droorpulls in the bathroom are steeler logos. The place has been featured on Pittsburgh Post Gazette, and Fox 5 Atlanta came up and filmed our last superbowl party.

Strangely, 4 hours seems to go by pretty berkeleying quickly when you're having a berkeleying blast. Which is probably why we usually show up at 11AM and leave around 8PM.

I mean, it's not as fun or social as posting stupid E36 M3 on car message boards, or watching malnourished mongoloids from 3rd world countries have a "high scoring" 1-0 kickball game, but I can think of worse ways to spend a Sunday.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
9/6/12 11:12 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: It isn't football itself per-se... it is all the bullE36 M3 that goes with it. I watch kids play on the weekend and they manage to get a full game in in under 90 minutes. If you don't have Tivo - pro/college football is impossible to watch.

Yeah, I understand you there. I miss having a DVR. I would start recording the game and start watching the recording by the live halftime and fastforward through the commercials and halftime. By the time the game was somewhere in the 4th quarter, I would be caught up.

9/6/12 11:21 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Strangely, 4 hours seems to go by pretty berkeleying quickly when you're having a berkeleying blast. Which is probably why we usually show up at 11AM and leave around 8PM. I mean, it's not as fun or social as posting stupid E36 M3 on car message boards, or watching malnourished mongoloids from 3rd world countries have a "high scoring" 1-0 kickball game, but I can think of worse ways to spend a Sunday.

When you really watch football - you are clutching a piece of paper with how many X you have on each game and flipping the berkeley out when they cut to commercial. You are getting in a fight with the shiny happy person who wants to watch the berkeleying Jets game because he only has 5x on it. You are plotting the death of a kicker who berkeleys up that meaningless kick that would have covered. It could be 14-3 with 30 sec to in a fight between two last place teams but your kids are going hungry if that motherberkeleyer misses. That is watching football. What you are doing is drinking in the same room with a TV. A berkeleying Steelers theme party.

EDIT: Adding so no one sends me brochures for GA.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
9/6/12 12:06 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: or watching malnourished mongoloids from 3rd world countries have a "high scoring" 1-0 kickball game

Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: When you really watch football - you are clutching a piece of paper with how many X you have on each game and flipping the berkeley out when they cut to commercial. You are getting in a fight with the shiny happy person who wants to watch the berkeleying Jets game because he only has 5x on it. You are plotting the death of a kicker who berkeleys up that meaningless kick that would have covered. It could be 14-3 with 30 sec to in a fight between two last place teams but your kids are going hungry if that motherberkeleyer misses. That is watching football. What you are doing is drinking in the same room with a TV. A berkeleying Steelers theme party.

After working in a bar in Atlanta, literally in the home of the SEC, ^^^THAT^^^ is the reason I hate college football. Not because of the actual game play, but because of the amount of arguments and fights I have had to break-up over the years along with the mindless rationalization of why someone's team sucks this year. "Oh yeah bro, what about in the SEC championship game in '98, bro, we totally beat the E36 M3 out of you guys." It's soooo berkeleying annoying.

scardeal
scardeal Dork
9/6/12 12:07 p.m.

Someone I know has resorted to calling football handegg.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/6/12 1:13 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote:
RealMiniDriver wrote:
That doesn't count because _________________

RACECAR!

(Couldn't leave you hanging)

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
9/6/12 1:43 p.m.
What you are doing is drinking in the same room with a TV.

Wrong. Come down some time. You'll get it. Occassionally we'll get a couple Chatty Cathy's in the bunch. George's wife will politely ask them to go in the kitchen or upstairs if they're not there to watch the game.

Hell. Here ya' go. Haterz gonna hate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Q03eVxE9A

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
9/6/12 3:25 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
What you are doing is drinking in the same room with a TV.
Wrong. Come down some time. You'll get it. Occassionally we'll get a couple Chatty Cathy's in the bunch. George's wife will politely ask them to go in the kitchen or upstairs if they're not there to watch the game. Hell. Here ya' go. Haterz gonna hate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Q03eVxE9A

Dude must have at least 50k in memorabilia alone. I'm not a Steelers fan, but I had to stop the video part way through because my RDA of awesome was completely filled.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
9/6/12 4:16 p.m.

In reply to turboswede:

well played.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9JEpvq0KEDx28BOcet73Pc361IjPmekLbzrht85WcOs6zmzeXJRcOn7k2Z2VHxDV