1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 ... 4722
friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
6/10/10 5:02 p.m.
Josh wrote: How does the wrong PAD increase the diameter of the installed caliper?

On a lot of calipers, the pads just drop in from the "outside" of the caliper. If the backing plates are too big (hub to outside diameter of rotor), they'll strike the rim. Usually though, you can't get the retaining pins back in if it's the wrong pad. That guy's got one hella hammer at his place.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
6/10/10 5:05 p.m.

Good Job Blackhawks - Now to another championship not seen in my lifetime, nor my 75 year old dad.

Kia_racer
Kia_racer HalfDork
6/10/10 5:09 p.m.
pete240z wrote: Now to another championship not seen in my lifetime, nor my 75 year old dad.

Not gonna happen. (ChiSox fan)

wbjones
wbjones Dork
6/10/10 5:13 p.m.
zomby woof wrote:
wbjones wrote: hard to understand an a-x without helmets...
And I was thinking that's the way it should be. I always thought a helmet for autocross was kind of silly. Now that you need a Snell approved helmet, it's just plain dumb.

not so sure about Snell... I use an open face M and SCCA NASA both say ... ok...

&

Marty!
Marty! Dork
6/10/10 5:16 p.m.
Kia_racer wrote:
pete240z wrote: Now to another championship not seen in my lifetime, nor my 75 year old dad.

Yeah, and they say that Cubs fans are gay..........

Kia_racer
Kia_racer HalfDork
6/10/10 5:27 p.m.
Marty! wrote:
Kia_racer wrote:
Yeah, and they say that Cubs fans are gay..........

We are just comfortable with our masculinity.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
6/10/10 5:42 p.m.

we actually live towards the south side and are all White Sox Fans.....I just thought the Cubs winning was funny. LOL.

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
6/10/10 6:39 p.m.
wbjones wrote:
zomby woof wrote:
wbjones wrote: hard to understand an a-x without helmets...
And I was thinking that's the way it should be. I always thought a helmet for autocross was kind of silly. Now that you need a Snell approved helmet, it's just plain dumb.
not so sure about Snell... I use an open face M and SCCA & NASA both say ... ok...

The only reason I do, though, is that I nearly did it myself. When I hear "snell" I think of the SA rated helmets, forgetting that "M" is also a snell rating. I forget that there are DOT approved helmets that have even less protection.

FWIW, I also use an 'M' rated open faced helmet at all our events. My next car will be a convertible. When it is finished and I start driving it, our club board may want me to buy a new helmet that is full-face. If they do, I'll probably bite the bullet and get an SA helmet.

I have dreams/aspirations of eventually doing something wheel to wheel (probably chump car, since they have a race at Sebring, and thus are very local) at least once in my life. If I need a new helmet, I might as well get one I can use for both autocross and wheel-to-wheel.

zomby woof
zomby woof HalfDork
6/10/10 7:21 p.m.
I forget that there are DOT approved helmets that have even less protection.

I don't want to start the helmet debate again, but it's not really like that. One is not necessarily better, or has more protection than the other.

Carry on

MMVZ 113

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
6/10/10 7:31 p.m.

Sorry. I didn't realize there had been previous debate on the topic. I can accept that there may be high quality, safe products from companies who choose not to enrich the snell foundation.

I meant no offense. .

Josh
Josh Dork
6/10/10 7:57 p.m.

One of the big magazines did impact tests a few years back and concluded that a $75 DOT-only Z1R performed the best out of several Snell and DOT helmets at varying prices. I guess the conclusion was that the Snell test is TOO stringent, and it's designed around absorbing the maximum force in huge hits that are probably going to still kill you anyway. The helmets that pass the Snell test end up being too stiff to absorb much energy in less severe impacts. Basically they trade off max protection in the worst case crash for less protection in the more common, more survivable lower energy hits, and some people think this actually causes more injuries/deaths (especially among older riders whose thresholds for survivable impacts are much lower).

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
6/10/10 8:04 p.m.

Pete Snell.

David Adams
David Adams Reader
6/10/10 9:11 p.m.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
6/10/10 9:35 p.m.
Kia_racer wrote: (ChiSox fan)
pete240z wrote: we ... are all White Sox Fans....

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get better.

Kia_racer
Kia_racer HalfDork
6/10/10 10:27 p.m.

fixed that for you.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
6/11/10 12:43 a.m.

Found the marble in the oatmeal?

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
6/11/10 12:46 a.m.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
6/11/10 7:35 a.m.

Let's get this back on track......

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
6/11/10 7:49 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqUcrFJ498

TJ
TJ Dork
6/11/10 8:00 a.m.

TJ
TJ Dork
6/11/10 8:03 a.m.

TJ
TJ Dork
6/11/10 8:06 a.m.

Kia_racer
Kia_racer HalfDork
6/11/10 8:15 a.m.
pete240z wrote: Let's get this back on track......

This has a track?

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/11/10 8:17 a.m.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/11/10 8:30 a.m.

I hotlinked this dudes anti hotlinking image. I am a rebel.

1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 ... 4722

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sQArnW7G1XYb4S7pal8pwh5fq5O354GaZuYrC8kMW4uYjUwf2BdQ1Azk8lGG8c7A