1 ... 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 ... 4727
Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
8/10/12 6:59 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: I can't remember past $.32

I used to collect stamps. I have that release in my collection. I have not collected stamps since they were 32 cents...

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
8/10/12 7:00 p.m.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/10/12 7:08 p.m.

Italy in 1494:

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/10/12 8:11 p.m.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
8/10/12 8:29 p.m.

The past two days, I've had Jim Croce's Operator in my head for some reason. I don't own it on CD or mp3 and I doubt I heard it anywhere recently. The best part is that I really didn't know the words at all, just the melody, so after two days of making up different words and sounds to somewhat approximate that song, I watched a you tube video of him performing it. Now, here's a picture of him.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe HalfDork
8/10/12 9:21 p.m.

The wife says yes but got to sell a few things. Talk me out of it.

njansenv
njansenv Dork
8/10/12 9:28 p.m.

Boy did you come to the wrong place. Sometimes... - You just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
8/10/12 9:30 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: The wife says yes but got to sell a few things. Talk me out of it.

Don't give up the '48 bentley. You will regret it.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
8/10/12 9:33 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: The wife says yes but got to sell a few things. Talk me out of it.

Not gonna talk you outta getting one of those! You kidding?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe HalfDork
8/10/12 9:40 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
Don't give up the '48 bentley. You will regret it.

No Bentley here yet. Took the deposit though.... it might turn out to be a debacle like the Cadillac was. 6 months till I got it after paying.

Not the exact car in the picture but 2009 V8 with the BandO stereo, no carbon options, but does have the suede roof and the navigation. And most importantly manual 6spd.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
8/10/12 11:53 p.m.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/10/12 11:59 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I just don't see how I could talk anyone out of owning any type of supercar if they have the ability and the wife's approval to own one. You sir, are winning.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
8/11/12 12:43 a.m.
T.J. wrote: The past two days, I've had Jim Croce's Operator in my head for some reason. I don't own it on CD or mp3 and I doubt I heard it anywhere recently. The best part is that I really didn't know the words at all, just the melody, so after two days of making up different words and sounds to somewhat approximate that song, I watched a you tube video of him performing it. Now, here's a picture of him.

Jim Croce is one of my favorite artists of all time. Too bad that I came into the world too late to get to see him live.

The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
8/11/12 12:45 a.m.

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
8/11/12 12:45 a.m.
Anti-stance wrote:
Conquest351 wrote:
My thoughts exactly. I just don't see how I could talk anyone out of owning any type of supercar if they have the ability and the wife's approval to own one. You sir, are winning.

That car is very close to my ideal.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
8/11/12 12:55 a.m.
Woody wrote:
914Driver wrote:
Holy Crap!! Is that a Rometsch?!

That's a Petermax-Mueller Sport Spyder on a Tempo Matador Renntransporter.

http://www.history-of-cars.com/php/petermax-mueller/1953-sport-spyder.php

I am more interested in the Matador though. FWD VW drivetrain. We had a thread about this a while back.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/this-this-is-what-is-still-right-with-the-world/30862/page1/

Gasoline
Gasoline HalfDork
8/11/12 7:51 a.m.

My vote for the greatest "Car Guy" picture in the world

singleslammer
singleslammer Reader
8/11/12 9:56 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote:
Woody wrote:
914Driver wrote:
Holy Crap!! Is that a Rometsch?!
That's a Petermax-Mueller Sport Spyder on a Tempo Matador Renntransporter. http://www.history-of-cars.com/php/petermax-mueller/1953-sport-spyder.php I am more interested in the Matador though. FWD VW drivetrain. We had a thread about this a while back. http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/this-this-is-what-is-still-right-with-the-world/30862/page1/

Let the build Begin!

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe HalfDork
8/11/12 10:29 a.m.
Hasbro wrote:
Anti-stance wrote:
Conquest351 wrote:
That car is very close to my ideal.

Weird couple days got offered one of these as well. 2007 26K miles, full service. A little over 70K.

Again not the actual car but the right color and options.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
8/11/12 12:16 p.m.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
8/11/12 3:08 p.m.

Link to Shorpy Archive Pic

1949 (46?) Chevy in Fire Engine Red, Kodachrome.

Grizz
Grizz Dork
8/11/12 4:05 p.m.

Next time at least give us an easier challenge. Damn.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/11/12 4:10 p.m.

Who needs a truck?

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
8/11/12 4:40 p.m.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
8/11/12 6:09 p.m.

Appleseed, I actually came here to enable you..

1 ... 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 ... 4727

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rwaI2PYtTcCwo6RF599VW0pBegT7OFonYtCY24o7PAYDdfCijrxKia9vH09KxPp3