4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
7/14/10 12:51 p.m.

what is that^^^

intrigued!

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
7/14/10 12:55 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: what is that^^^ intrigued!

The new chevy e60 bmw?

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
7/14/10 1:01 p.m.
AutoXR wrote: spotted @ lunch. the map should say canada , Rush and beer that isn't for panzy's

Chevy Cruise. The new Cavalier/Cobalt

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
7/14/10 1:01 p.m.

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
7/14/10 1:04 p.m.

Cruze-control, as demonstrated by Jason Plato - BTCC.

alfadriver
alfadriver Dork
7/14/10 1:08 p.m.
aircooled wrote:

Too bad the RB51 does not exist anymore- it crashed in the early 80's, but the pilot survived. For a lont time, that plane held the prop driven air speed record at 499.xxx mph.

I was lucky enough to live in the landing pattern of it's home airport for 4 years before she crashed. What a lovely plane to see go fast.

The same owner also had one of the very, very few F104 starfighters that was in freedom...

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
7/14/10 1:09 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:
ignorant wrote: One of them is now a christian rapper... B-shoc is his name...
as the crowd goes wild...
Jalopnik talked about him not too long ago. Apparently his "pimp my ride"-style cavalier is big with the senior citizens http://jalopnik.com/5496732/this-may-be-the-worlds-only-jesus+pimpin-ghettocruiser-rap-video

Wow. I think I died a little inside.

alfadriver
alfadriver Dork
7/14/10 1:11 p.m.

Did I do that right?

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
7/14/10 1:13 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

Oh, yes!

You and Lockheed, both.

AutoXR
AutoXR Reader
7/14/10 1:22 p.m.

There are a few Cruze's around work , they are actually pretty nice looking and well finished (gaps and materials used). This seemed to be a fairly base model , there is a silver one running around that sits lower and looks more agressive, I have been told not to take pics of it , sits up by the plant sometimes. I think it's a turbo variant.

Disclaimer - before the typical GM blah blah blah starts while I work here I primarly drive imports... thank you and god speed.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
7/14/10 1:32 p.m.

Powar
Powar Dork
7/14/10 1:52 p.m.

This makes me laugh every time I see it.

I'm easily amused.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
7/14/10 2:08 p.m.
slantvaliant wrote: 155 mm Howizter goodness, in M109A6 Paladin form.

Wanna see it in rehearsal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-22ifmdoOiE

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
7/14/10 2:10 p.m.

TJ
TJ Dork
7/14/10 2:43 p.m.

Wonder what Jeff Harbert is up to these days?

Opus
Opus Dork
7/14/10 2:50 p.m.
Powar wrote:

more info please!!!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
7/14/10 2:52 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:

wow..

Im...ACTUALLY...impressed

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
7/14/10 3:15 p.m.
TJ wrote: Wonder what Jeff Harbert is up too these days?

I think he took the whole thing like a gentleman, good sport he.

triumph5
triumph5 Reader
7/14/10 3:23 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver: Was he the guy who bought pieces for one from all over the world, then assembled them? I think the majoity of it came from south America. It met the same demise as the RB51 due to a flame-out. He ejected and lived. but years of work, pancke. It is a gorgeous plane, and GREAT in the Right Stuff.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
7/14/10 3:46 p.m.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
7/14/10 4:24 p.m.
triumph5 wrote: In reply to alfadriver: Was he the guy who bought pieces for one from all over the world, then assembled them? I think the majoity of it came from south America. It met the same demise as the RB51 due to a flame-out. He ejected and lived. but years of work, pancke. It is a gorgeous plane, and GREAT in the Right Stuff.

It's actually a bit worse than that. After setting a 996 mph low altitude speed record (better than any military or civilian plane in the world) he was preparing for an altitude record when...

The indicator lights for the right wheel and the nose wheel went on, but the one for the left wheel did not. Greenamyer changed bulbs, and he raised and lowered the gear half a dozen times, but could not get a safe indication that the left wheel was locked down. While he made another 200-mph pass at 50 feet, a former crewman, Bob Flaherty, stood in the middle of the strip trying to see if the dime-size locking pin of the left wheel was in place. In the failing light, Flaherty could not see the pin of either wheel.

Greenamyer flew 30 miles to Edwards Air Force Base. Because there was no time left for a chase plane to scramble up and try to spot the pin from directly below, Greenamyer bounced the Red Baron along the Edwards strip at 200 mph to try to ascertain if the left wheel was locked. The wheel felt spongy to him; the control tower reported that it was collapsing slightly on impact. Because of the heat generated by friction, if an F-104 is belly landed, conflagration is almost a certainty. Because the wing tips are a scant six inches above the belly, total destruction is also very likely. With 10 minutes of fuel left, Greenamyer headed for the Edwards ejection area, 20 miles farther out in the desert. As he climbed to 10,000 feet, he remembered with irony that he had tested every component of more than 100 F-104s, but never an ejection seat, and now he would be using one he had made himself out of scraps.

With five minutes of fuel left, he throttled back to 200 mph, shut down the engine and pulled the ejection ring. The seat rocketed violently out of the plane and broke away from his tumbling form just as it was programmed to do. The parachute streamed behind him and filled. As he drifted down, he saw his Red Baron sinking rapidly below him in straight and level flight as if still manned.

Five miles in front of him, the Red Baron did a 180-degree turn, passed low to his left and out of sight behind him. In another minute all the bits and pieces of the Red Baron, all the junkyard scraps and surplus parts Greenamyer had carefully assembled for 13 years, were scattered among the tumbleweed and Joshua trees of the Mojave, this time beyond re-collection and repair.

Full Story: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1093756/1/index.htm

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/10 4:28 p.m.

No, this is an Intrigue

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
7/14/10 6:48 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:

1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 4726

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SCSGJmCMCg8plcHSeM5wRN2HzOdyOKuHmFjR1O7xeZsXpLUw0C4K2UDrYpmvqKIO