Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
10/3/12 10:13 a.m.

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/3/12 10:29 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:
HunterJP wrote:
That car was at cars and coffee last week. It has a v8 dropped in it. Unbelievable hack job, as in not safe to drive. The exhaust sticks out in front of the passenger front tire. Brakes are rigged to some home made contraption, etc.

Oh, well my bad. I suppose that's why it passed a safety inspection at an MD state inspection station? All it needed was a second triangulated brace in front of the booster, which I knew. How does where the exhaust exit matter? It's clear of all electrical and fuel lines, and all lines in the bay are wrapped in fire proof wrap. And by the way, it sticks out in front of both front tires :)

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
10/3/12 10:33 a.m.

Did somebody say exhaust in front of the passenger front tire?

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/3/12 10:35 a.m.

That sir, is wholly unsafe. I don't think you should be driving that ;)

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UberDork
10/3/12 10:44 a.m.

kartkidbirel wrote:

Oh, well my bad. I suppose that's why it passed a safety inspection at an MD state inspection station?

No dog in this fight, never seen the car.

Just want to say that passing the state inspection isnt saying much. Knowing some of those places, they probably thought it was stock!

I wouldnt use that as a justification of safety, they just run down a dumb checklist that is wholly not intended for altered cars like v8 swaps.

Props to you for at the very least getting it in there and moving under its own power.

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/3/12 10:53 a.m.
Apexcarver wrote:

Just want to say that passing the state inspection isnt saying much. Knowing some of those places, they probably thought it was stock!

Oh, it would never pass an actual inspection, it's historic so nothing is required. My dad just felt better about me having it taken to a shop and being looked over before I drove. I did' and there were no major issues. Regardless, didn't mean to derail the thread!

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
10/3/12 11:39 a.m.
kartkidbirel wrote:

Call me an ignorant bastard, but what track is that?

somewhat related

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UberDork
10/3/12 11:40 a.m.

Summit Point, Shenendoah Circuit (note, 3 tracks at Summit)

your looking at the karussel

that be a photo of the capitol offense Lemons race. This year I think... I was flagging that race just after the #20 on that track map on the inside

about 2 miles long, and IIRC 117 cars on track under green conditions!

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
10/3/12 11:47 a.m.

I figured that might be where it was. I have never been there or seen any video of the track.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UberDork
10/3/12 12:00 p.m.

heres some video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJGOWiqW5Rs

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/3/12 12:37 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote: Summit Point, Shenendoah Circuit (note, 3 tracks at Summit) your looking at the karussel that be a photo of the capitol offense Lemons race. This year I think... I was flagging that race just after the #20 on that track map on the inside about 2 miles long, and IIRC 117 cars on track under green conditions!

Yep that's it! If the Capital Offense race was the Lemons race going on during Hyperfest, that's it.

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
10/3/12 12:43 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote:
kartkidbirel wrote:

Apexcarver covered it, but I wanted to add that it might even have been me driving the Civic wagovan. It's Sonic's car, and I was driving at that race and am still slow enough to be passed on the inside of the carousel occasionally. ;-)

Obligatory Hotlink, it's another car I drove, the Lancia at CMP. Might be me driving, hard to tell. Everyone has a black helmet:

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
10/3/12 12:47 p.m.

Yep, I thought that was the other car in the boat car Lemons team. I've got to do one of those one day.

unrelated hotlink:

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/3/12 12:48 p.m.
dculberson wrote:
Anti-stance wrote:
kartkidbirel wrote:
Apexcarver covered it, but I wanted to add that it might even have been me driving the Civic wagovan. It's Sonic's car, and I was driving at that race and am still slow enough to be passed on the inside of the carousel occasionally. ;-) Obligatory Hotlink, it's another car I drove, the Lancia at CMP. Might be me driving, hard to tell. Everyone has a black helmet:

Man, I LOVED that wagovan. Hate Civic's, but I have a soft spot for Wagovans. Was it one of the 4wd models?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/3/12 12:49 p.m.
kartkidbirel wrote: That sir, is wholly unsafe. I don't think you should be driving that ;)

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
10/3/12 12:50 p.m.
kartkidbirel wrote:

This is why we can't find nice E30s.

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
10/3/12 1:00 p.m.
kartkidbirel wrote: Man, I LOVED that wagovan. Hate Civic's, but I have a soft spot for Wagovans. Was it one of the 4wd models?

Sure is, I'm driving it again in a few weeks. The 4wd has its ups and downs - great for the driving, especially in the rain, but there's a few unavailable parts and that sucks.

My old wagon:

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
10/3/12 1:07 p.m.

Get the berk outta here!

Is that a Country Squire?

kartkidbirel
kartkidbirel New Reader
10/3/12 1:07 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote:
kartkidbirel wrote:
This is why we can't find nice E30s.

Depends on your definition of nice, and what you build your car for. My car isn't "nice", but it's fast and fun!

Keith Tanner wrote:

Won't mind if I drop a few more in here?

dculberson wrote:
kartkidbirel wrote: Man, I LOVED that wagovan. Hate Civic's, but I have a soft spot for Wagovans. Was it one of the 4wd models?
Sure is, I'm driving it again in a few weeks. The 4wd has its ups and downs - great for the driving, especially in the rain, but there's a few unavailable parts and that sucks. My old wagon:

Gahhhh, wagon + 4wd + that color = perfection.

Oh, and your wagon isn't bad at all either

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
10/3/12 1:14 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: Get the berk outta here! Is that a Country Squire?

Country Sedan, which was the lower trim level of the Country Squire. It had the 390 though which sounded awesome and scooted along nicely.

had a really nice stock interior, too. But the frame was rusted through and I ended up selling it to a guy that was planning to fix it. I haven't kept up with him though so I don't know what it's up to nowadays.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
10/3/12 1:28 p.m.

Not sure if you saw my thread a while back about the 66 Ranch Wagon that I snagged from a buddy. Alot of surface rust but the pans/frame are solid as well as the interior is pretty nice, no tears and complete.

GRM thread Ignore fairlane in the title, I was ignorant back then of these wagons.

Gasoline
Gasoline Dork
10/3/12 1:29 p.m.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
10/3/12 1:40 p.m.

1 ... 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 ... 4723

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cIh7IJtA0VZJeOR0EZ2LnwG81ADJ5FUYSH0pL2X11oJVhkkSAxO6ZLrvfI9bx302