1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 ... 4723
zomby woof
zomby woof Dork
7/24/10 1:05 p.m.
Keith_Goodrich wrote:

That reminds me of something that happened at work. We had a machine down, and were waiting for some parts. We called up overnight courier, and asked why our parts hadn't arrived, since we ordered them yesterday? They told us, 'that's just our company name, we don't actually ship things overnight'.

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
7/24/10 1:17 p.m.
Woody wrote:

Is that a good read? The title is funny enough.....

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
7/24/10 1:20 p.m.

This is what happens when you put a 2.2 liter subaru engine in a tube-frame, fabric-covered ATV and go. If you want to fly, add a parasail. If you want it to be an airboat, add pontoon floats.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20100723 http://www.airventure.org/news/2010/100624_maverick.html/NEWS/7235077/1002

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
7/24/10 1:38 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
7/24/10 1:39 p.m.

My cock is the biggest in town.

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
7/24/10 1:43 p.m.
914Driver wrote:

Axl Rose making an unannounced guest appearance?

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
7/24/10 1:43 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
7/24/10 2:01 p.m.

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
7/24/10 2:03 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
914Driver wrote:
Axl Rose making an unannounced guest appearance?

Nah...moe like Sarah Gilbert or Wierd Al

Keith_Goodrich
Keith_Goodrich New Reader
7/24/10 2:07 p.m.

Maybe I don't want chicken for dinner.

Keith_Goodrich
Keith_Goodrich New Reader
7/24/10 2:11 p.m.

Who needs trunk space?

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/24/10 2:32 p.m.
slefain wrote: I present you: Colonel John Paul Stapp. He did this for a living: + http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stapp John Paul Stapp > pretty much everyone

Stapp was basically the original Johnny Knoxville. I guess every time he did the rocket sled gag his eyes would basically explode from the g loads. That's hardcore.

jg

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/10 2:49 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
Woody wrote:

Yes.

I bought it, read it, mailed it to my cousin. Then, a year later, I bought another copy, re-read it and still bought a Porsche.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/10 2:51 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
slefain wrote: I present you: Colonel John Paul Stapp. He did this for a living: + http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stapp John Paul Stapp > pretty much everyone
Stapp was basically the original Johnny Knoxville. I guess every time he did the rocket sled gag his eyes would basically explode from the g loads. That's hardcore. jg

He was basically Dr. Johnny Knoxville...

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
7/24/10 3:35 p.m.
Woody wrote:
JG Pasterjak wrote:
slefain wrote: I present you: Colonel John Paul Stapp. He did this for a living: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stapp John Paul Stapp > pretty much everyone
Stapp was basically the original Johnny Knoxville. I guess every time he did the rocket sled gag his eyes would basically explode from the g loads. That's hardcore. jg
He was basically *Dr.* Johnny Knoxville...
wikipedia article said: Witty and charismatic and thus popular with the press and his staff, Stapp's team in particular, and its workplace subculture is also the clear originating source for the ubiquitous principle known as Murphy's law.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
7/24/10 3:43 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:

Waaaay hotter:

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
7/24/10 4:38 p.m.

EDIT: I'm self moderating by taking out a picture I used earlier.

JoeyM, in an earlier version of this post, wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
JoeyM wrote: [my gold plated porsche hot link]
Waaaay hotter:
Hot? Oxy-acetylene is hot.....

The picture I had removed was this one of Jennifer Anne Black in lingerie using an oxy-acetylene torch. (I thought that the powers that be might object to her attire.) Instead, here's a safer-for-work picture of her It's not quite as "hot", though, without the welding torch. Jenny Black

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
7/24/10 5:44 p.m.

MIG (top) as nice as some TIG

Again, not my welding....just something for me to aspire to... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358870&showall=1

pete240z
pete240z Dork
7/24/10 7:12 p.m.

this guy is funny

sedgis
sedgis New Reader
7/24/10 7:21 p.m.
Keith wrote:
friedgreencorrado wrote:
Keith wrote: Sigh, I also found this shot of one of the planes I used to fly on. C-FRST, otherwise known as "Rusty". Started life in 1969 working for Alaska Airlines, if memory serves. I once helped offload an Aerostar out of that side cargo hatch in Resolute, NWT. I still feel bad about that. You work so hard and spend so much money to get a vehicle up there - and you get an Aerostar.
Uh, Keith? I'm hoping that's the pic of the thing in the boneyard, and not what it looked like when it flew into Resolute..although some boneyard pix are cool.
Ha! Yes, that's the current state. 15 years ago, it looked much better. I'm curious as to why all the paint was stripped off the rivets. It's apparently parked by a research lab at the Ottawa airport now, maybe it's still working for science.

So much for the Top Secret Duct Tape Research Center...

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 HalfDork
7/24/10 7:23 p.m.
Woody wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
Woody wrote:
Yes. I bought it, read it, mailed it to my cousin. Then, a year later, I bought another copy, re-read it and *still* bought a Porsche.

GREAT book. read it. read it a few years later. probably read it a dozen time and did a handfull of reports/ presentation on it.

great read

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
7/24/10 8:33 p.m.
pete240z wrote: this guy is funny

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
7/24/10 10:22 p.m.
Keith_Goodrich wrote: Maybe I don't want chicken for dinner.

$1.19/gal... I miss PARTS of the 90's

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
7/24/10 10:59 p.m.
Keith_Goodrich wrote: Who needs trunk space?

Bah. VW Mk2's got it.

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
7/24/10 11:42 p.m.

1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 ... 4723

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vrTZBBaeDi0vxkrhANE1O7jfsXYfWDN5LDLn5IFZq5jPXjWhVMsi6swMDKfHFQID