Are those RPF-01s?

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
10/11/13 3:26 p.m.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/11/13 3:30 p.m.

In reply to Maroon92:

Erk... I've seen some shots where I don't hate those things, but that one kinda looks like someone took a shot of a 911 in a nice setting and 'shopped in an extra two feet and a door... That angle emphases how that shape doesn't like having extra length stuck in the middle.

Anyhow, nobody needs my permission to dig 'em

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/11/13 3:45 p.m.

I saw an E30 with a cage in it down near Asheboro. I caught it out of the corner of my eye as I was driving past it last weekend, swung around and took a look. Nobody was in the shop or I may have asked about it.

http://goo.gl/maps/6bbuo

So JUST NOW I spotted the phone number by moving around in the map there, and called them. No answer. Maybe they call me back. Maybe ifit is cheap, I'll buy it.

And now to hotlink back to GRM's own servers.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
10/11/13 3:54 p.m.
ransom wrote: In reply to Maroon92: Erk... I've seen some shots where I don't hate those things, but that one kinda looks like someone took a shot of a 911 in a nice setting and 'shopped in an extra two feet and a door... That angle emphases how that shape doesn't like having extra length stuck in the middle. Anyhow, nobody needs my permission to dig 'em

How about one with an additional 5.9 inches stuck in the wheelbase? I present the Panamera Turbo Executive (long wheelbase).

ransom
10/11/13 3:57 p.m.

In reply to Maroon92:

That thing must be so stable on the Autobahn!

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
10/11/13 4:00 p.m.

Actually, it was a hell of a lot of fun. I had the keys for about 2 and a half hours in the hills near Newberg Oregon. So much power, probably the best all wheel drive system I've ever experienced, and PDK which is the best transmission in existence. (Also, the clutches were designed to handle more than 3000 launch control starts... I may have lowered that number by a handful.) It's a supercar that can haul 4 extraordinarily comfortably.

ransom
10/11/13 4:29 p.m.

In reply to Maroon92:

Hard to argue with that kind of function... And I should apparently explore the outskirts of Newberg, since that's 20 minutes from me. Learn something new every day!

white_fly
white_fly Reader
10/11/13 5:25 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: Oh yeah, at Faurecia in Greenville, SC we had Verizon work phone. HORRIBLE, HORRENDOUS, They even said, we don't understand what is wrong. I had Sprint at the time and received better coverage. Everyone else got ATT in spite of our nice discount because Verizon just wouldn't work. I have heard stories the exact opposite as well. I believe the legal term is puffery.

I use Verizon. Pay $40/mo for voice and 4G through a family plan. Always been impressed with their coverage, never dropped a call in 7 years unless I was moving and lost reception. Heck I drove from PA to CA and had data coverage the whole way. Pretty stinking impressive.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/11/13 5:51 p.m.

This is about right. If you aren't on a major highway or in a major town, you have no coverage.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 HalfDork
10/11/13 8:15 p.m.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 HalfDork
10/11/13 8:16 p.m.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
10/11/13 8:52 p.m.

viking
viking Reader
10/11/13 9:08 p.m.

I have Verizon, check the map, if you live in Wi. it sucks. I had At&t and it was worse---

white_fly
white_fly Reader
10/11/13 9:57 p.m.
viking wrote: ...if you live in Wi...

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UberDork
10/11/13 9:58 p.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote:

Fek aff. Thats ma favorite show.

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
10/11/13 10:27 p.m.

Brett_Murphy wrote: I saw an E30 with a cage in it down near Asheboro. I caught it out of the corner of my eye as I was driving past it last weekend, swung around and took a look. Nobody was in the shop or I may have asked about it. http://goo.gl/maps/6bbuo So JUST NOW I spotted the phone number by moving around in the map there, and called them. No answer. Maybe they call me back. Maybe ifit is cheap, I'll buy it. And now to hotlink back to GRM's own servers.

That would be Absolute Automotive Performance, owned and operated by the Chief of Tech for NASA-SE. I have no doubt he had a caged E-30 out front.... Just ask for Pete...

Teqnyck
Teqnyck Reader
10/11/13 10:30 p.m.

In reply to ransom:

You have to hit up the Newburgring, what a great road. I use to drive it a few times a week when my wife was going to George Fox Uni. It's a road built for Miatas!

ransom
10/12/13 1:18 a.m.

In reply to Teqnyck:

"Newbergring?"

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/12/13 2:12 a.m.

I'm guessing its a series of roads around Newberg that make a Nurburgring style "course"

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
10/12/13 5:12 a.m.

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
10/12/13 9:24 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote: Actually, it was a hell of a lot of fun. I had the keys for about 2 and a half hours in the hills near Newberg Oregon. So much power, probably the most awkwardly designed car I've ever experienced, and PDK which is the best transmission in existence. (Also, the clutches were designed to handle more than 3000 launch control starts... I may have lowered that number by a handful.) It's a supercar that can haul 4 extraordinarily comfortably.

FTFY

Teqnyck
Teqnyck Reader
10/12/13 10:33 a.m.

In reply to ransom:

Certain portions of NE Hillsboro Hwy, MountainTop Rd, Bald Peak Rd, can make for some very challenging driving and traffic is usually non-existent, or at least it was that way 8-ish years ago. The drift kids could have ruined it by now, but I hope not.

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica Reader
10/12/13 2:42 p.m.

I bring home the new Scirocco tomorrow. Until then I'm going to stare at this photo of the interior in 1990 something. (yeah, I took a picture of a picture with my cell phone. What do you want from me?)

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/12/13 3:30 p.m.

1 ... 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 ... 4725

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1dtE5fuFqaFtFGgQxjQ3DShWjIibjJTOn9i4GL6JpI7haTChOZNmqkQa90qabt6a