Grtechguy UltimaDork
11/4/13 10:17 a.m.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/4/13 10:26 a.m.
wbjones wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote:
Flight Service wrote:
You don't own a Mac. Right after I got mine, I disconnected a big external drive without ejecting it. The Mac trashed the file structure of the drive. Talk about learning a lesson the hard way...
I have an external SD port for loading pics into my Mac … there is no way to eject the cards … just pull the out .. always get the "you berkeleyed up and ejected the device incorrectly" notice … so far nothing bad has happened

Not sure whether you're riffing on the usage of "eject" for humor, but the upshot is that you want to "eject" to tell the computer to "unmount" the filesystem on the SD card, even if it doesn't physically eject the media. The state of the card's filesystem could be messed up if you don't give the computer a chance to "clean up" before you physically extract the card.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/4/13 10:33 a.m.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
11/4/13 10:38 a.m.
ransom wrote:
wbjones wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote:
Flight Service wrote:
You don't own a Mac. Right after I got mine, I disconnected a big external drive without ejecting it. The Mac trashed the file structure of the drive. Talk about learning a lesson the hard way...
I have an external SD port for loading pics into my Mac … there is no way to eject the cards … just pull the out .. always get the "you berkeleyed up and ejected the device incorrectly" notice … so far nothing bad has happened
Not sure whether you're riffing on the usage of "eject" for humor, but the upshot is that you want to "eject" to tell the computer to "unmount" the filesystem on the SD card, even if it doesn't physically eject the media. The state of the card's filesystem could be messed up if you don't give the computer a chance to "clean up" before you physically extract the card.

is that pretty much the same thing as my telling the computer to erase all pix as/after it downloads the info ?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/13 11:14 a.m.
wbjones wrote:
ransom wrote:
wbjones wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote:
Flight Service wrote:
is that pretty much the same thing as my telling the computer to erase all pix as/after it downloads the info ?

No, not really.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/4/13 12:25 p.m.

Watt?

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/4/13 12:39 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy:

Watt is that? I mean, I know the animated part's a Watts link, but what's that funky axle? Is it a De Dion setup?

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to hotlink!

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
11/4/13 1:07 p.m.

Looks like the rear of an Electric Ranger

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/4/13 1:18 p.m.

Brett_Murphy
11/4/13 1:19 p.m.

Alfadriver nailed it.

The pick-em-up truck, not one of these:

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
11/4/13 1:22 p.m.

and not one of these:

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
11/4/13 4:19 p.m.

I briefly considered adding this to the box flairs thread

RossD
RossD PowerDork
11/4/13 4:20 p.m.

I just won two free movie tickets from the local hard rock station because I could identify what the rock song he was playing on his acoustic guitar.

I would never had been able to guess it, except he has used the same clip for the third time now and I remembered it. The song? Epic by Faith No More. I know the song, but on acoustic, he just can't make me hear it.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
11/4/13 4:52 p.m.
HappyAndy wrote: I briefly considered adding this to the box flairs thread

Try that stuff around here and you'll discover the meaning of "boxed about the ears.

Not this kind:

This kind:

Brett_Murphy
11/4/13 5:03 p.m.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
11/4/13 10:33 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
11/4/13 11:51 p.m.

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
11/5/13 5:26 a.m.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
11/5/13 7:24 a.m.

"Karmann-Ghia Coupes, VW Convertibles, and Porsche 914's being assembled in the Volkswagen facility in Osnabruck, Germany in the 1960's."

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
11/5/13 7:29 a.m.
Flight Service wrote:

That is awesome. Just texted it as How do you turn root beer into just beer?
Put it in a square cup.
To many friends

Required:

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
11/5/13 7:29 a.m.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
11/5/13 7:32 a.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
11/5/13 7:39 a.m.