mthomson22 UltraDork
10/17/14 12:14 p.m.

mthomson22
mthomson22 UltraDork
10/17/14 12:14 p.m.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
10/17/14 12:19 p.m.
Duke wrote: What's the whole Reatta thing going on lately? They were utterly epic when they were brand new. I can imagine the mists of time have made them even more so.

FTFY

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
10/17/14 12:39 p.m.
PHeller wrote:

I hate that this works for me. Like a lot.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
10/17/14 12:48 p.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote:
Duke wrote: What's the whole Reatta thing going on lately? They were utterly epic when they were brand new. I can imagine the mists of time have made them even more so.
FTFY

LOLWHUT? A "sports car" that's heavy, underpowered, FWD, and designed to appeal to the average Buick buyer - boring to look at and drive - yet filled with obscure electronic gobbledygook that is guaranteed to be completely unusable to the Grampa Fred demographic that was its target market?

ERROR 404 EPIC NOT FOUND

oldsaw
oldsaw UltimaDork
10/17/14 12:59 p.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote:
FTFY

You're high right now, am I right?

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
10/17/14 1:07 p.m.

This is actually kind of funny:

It would be more better if it was running a 600 hp Nascar V8. Hell I would settle for an LS tuned up nicely.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
10/17/14 3:50 p.m.

An hour ago I did not know this car existed. Now I have to find and import a Giulietta Weeekendina or my life will be incomplete.

Graefin10
Graefin10 SuperDork
10/17/14 5:12 p.m.
Ditchdigger wrote: An hour ago I did not know this car existed. Now I have to find and import a Giulietta Weeekendina or my life will be incomplete.

Shortly after I joined the forum your Berlina popped up on "Owner's Rides". That stirred up memories of driving and autocrossing a girlfriend's 850 Spider and running errands in a company secretary's 850 Coupe. Ever since I've been wanting to do something like this, but without the extreme negative camber.

photo imagesXT38716H_zpsc87f69f6.jpg

photo modifiedFiat850Coupe_zpsd0960fc6.png

I'd like to see what you do with a "Weekendina".

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
10/17/14 9:03 p.m.
Duke wrote:
Nick_Comstock wrote:
FTFY
LOLWHUT? A "sports car" that's heavy, underpowered, FWD, and designed to appeal to the average Buick buyer - boring to look at and drive - yet filled with obscure electronic gobbledygook that is guaranteed to be completely unusable to the Grampa Fred demographic that was its target market? ERROR 404 EPIC NOT FOUND

I still want one, no lie

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
10/17/14 9:27 p.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote:
Duke wrote:
Nick_Comstock wrote:
FTFY
LOLWHUT? A "sports car" that's heavy, underpowered, FWD, and designed to appeal to the average Buick buyer - boring to look at and drive - yet filled with obscure electronic gobbledygook that is guaranteed to be completely unusable to the Grampa Fred demographic that was its target market? ERROR 404 EPIC NOT FOUND
I still want one, no lie

I actually saw one of those on the road the other day. I wanted to track it down, just to see if it had a working CRT screen.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
10/17/14 10:01 p.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote:
Duke wrote:
Nick_Comstock wrote:
FTFY
I still want one, no lie

Sorry, but Reatta's still grab my attention. I disagree that they weren't a good design. It was, because when you see one out of the corner of your eye, you have to look to see what it is. The problem is, it's just what lies underneath is no different than any other FWD GM sedan from that era and that's the downfall.

oldsaw
oldsaw UltimaDork
10/17/14 10:51 p.m.
Graefin10 wrote: Shortly after I joined the forum your Berlina popped up on "Owner's Rides". That stirred up memories of driving and autocrossing a girlfriend's 850 Spider and running errands in a company secretary's 850 Coupe. Ever since I've been wanting to do something like this, but without the extreme negative camber.  photo imagesXT38716H_zpsc87f69f6.jpg  photo modifiedFiat850Coupe_zpsd0960fc6.png I'd like to see what you do with a "Weekendina".

Oh dear, I love me some 850 Coupe thank you very much. Abarth's OT2000 variant is on my if-I-win-the-lottery wish list.

I once desperately tried to convince my Dad to buy a new 850 Spyder but his bad experience with a lowly Simca's aluminum head/cast iron combo nixed that idea. Then he found a '65 Alfa Spider, saw the same head/block combo AND the two overhead cams; his head nearly azzploded. Oh well, at least he bought a new Sprite Mk IV.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
10/18/14 1:27 a.m.
Graefin10 wrote:
Ditchdigger wrote: An hour ago I did not know this car existed. Now I have to find and import a Giulietta Weeekendina or my life will be incomplete.
Shortly after I joined the forum your Berlina popped up on "Owner's Rides". That stirred up memories of driving and autocrossing a girlfriend's 850 Spider and running errands in a company secretary's 850 Coupe. Ever since I've been wanting to do something like this, but without the extreme negative camber.  photo imagesXT38716H_zpsc87f69f6.jpg  photo modifiedFiat850Coupe_zpsd0960fc6.png I'd like to see what you do with a "Weekendina".

That "extreme camber" is just what happens when you lower one. I have almost 5 degrees back there on mine.

It is a necessary evil. At stock height they "jack" and try and tip over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xwc54G2Ur8

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
10/18/14 7:27 a.m.

In reply to Ditchdigger:

Geez, did nobody wear a berkeleying lap belt at least? That was some carnage. Almost every car that rolled was rear engined. I was almost expecting to see a Corvair at some point.

Graefin10
Graefin10 SuperDork
10/18/14 9:03 a.m.

In reply to Ditchdigger: Yeah, after I posted the pictures of the 850 Coupe I checked to see how it looked and the picture from the rear shows that the camber really isn't that extreme. Having owned 3 1st. generation Corvairs, swing axle VWs, and I now own my second Spitfire I know what can happen.

We surely don't want this to happen:

photo imagesHHL1GZS2_zps502bf6cc.jpg

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/18/14 1:12 p.m.

In reply to Graefin10:

F-16 landing gear much?

Will
Will SuperDork
10/18/14 3:13 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

Yeah, but it can still pull 9+ G, so it must be doing something right.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/18/14 5:35 p.m.

I wonder if the wife would let me dye the dog black.

bentwrench
bentwrench HalfDork
10/18/14 5:44 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: I wonder if the wife would let me dye the dog black. If you have to ask, you maybe married the wrong woman!
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
10/18/14 8:39 p.m.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
10/19/14 7:12 a.m.

You think ordinary plain old LS Miata.....

But then again...

I won't post anything ordinary. LOL

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
10/19/14 9:33 a.m.

A repost, but still my favorite

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
10/19/14 12:21 p.m.

In reply to iadr:

Failed to hotlink a picture...

Wally