1 ... 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 ... 4723
Will
Will SuperDork
3/10/15 5:47 p.m.
914Driver wrote: What is this? The cab and box look Studebaker but the grille is Merc-ish.

My spidey sense (and the file name in the url you copied and pasted) tell me it's a 39 Studebaker.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
3/10/15 11:43 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:

yes please!

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
3/11/15 6:33 a.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
3/11/15 7:16 a.m.
nderwater wrote:

Way too many accents. Loose all the rear and black stuff. Should have matched the air outlets in the fenders to the same shade as the other bright work, and used a satin metalilic instead of the straight flat they did use.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
3/11/15 8:05 a.m.
iadr wrote:
racerdave600 wrote:
Knurled wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
These are manly tears I am crying. MANLY TEARS.
Holy hell....I'm crying a manly river! That's an expensive pile of parts!
Sandro's car... Maybe left in Africa? (or worse) That rear framework is pretty embarrassing design wise, actually...regardless of what may be missing. Try posting that on Gt40's.com or even a Locost forum, as your own and you'd be treated *very* patronizingly. Actually, could that have been an add -on?, turned into a dune buggy toy? There hardly seems room under the lines of hte body. I have several pics at least of an original, but too late tonight to check

I dunno....kinda looks like the top inboard mounts of the rear crash bar could mount to the tabs on the corner of the square frame.... it's about the right height and distance from the window. The square frame is a bit..um..hacked looking.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Reader
3/11/15 8:44 a.m.
ultraclyde wrote:
iadr wrote:
racerdave600 wrote:
Knurled wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
These are manly tears I am crying. MANLY TEARS.
Holy hell....I'm crying a manly river! That's an expensive pile of parts!
Sandro's car... Maybe left in Africa? (or worse) That rear framework is pretty embarrassing design wise, actually...regardless of what may be missing. Try posting that on Gt40's.com or even a Locost forum, as your own and you'd be treated *very* patronizingly. Actually, could that have been an add -on?, turned into a dune buggy toy? There hardly seems room under the lines of hte body. I have several pics at least of an original, but too late tonight to check
I dunno....kinda looks like the top inboard mounts of the rear crash bar could mount to the tabs on the corner of the square frame.... it's about the right height and distance from the window. The square frame is a bit..um..hacked looking.

if you google lancia stratos engine bay you'll find that that is how they were made, its crude but i guess it works

PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
3/11/15 9:08 a.m.

Back when cars were brutally simple.

RandyS
RandyS Reader
3/11/15 10:10 a.m.
CGLockRacer wrote: Indycar is turing into a...well, I don't know. What happened the "simple", great looking cars of CART?

The DP01 was the best looking formula car in modern history. Politics was the only reason it was mothballed.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
3/11/15 10:22 a.m.
iadr wrote:
Sofa King wrote:
unk577 wrote:
stroker wrote:
914Driver wrote:
. I can't believe I'm saying this, but what is it about that car that doesn't look right? Seriously...? Are the wheels too big? Too nose-down?
The door looks like it's a different color and it might be sagging a lil
If I'm going to nit-pick, I'm not wild about the black trim around the vent window. I think I would prefer if it was removed completely
Wheel style is wrong in several formal and informal design senses, and would not complement the car in any size. Rear wheels are way too large. Rear 1/4 looks like someone removed too many design details. Stripe? Emblems? the little round light, right? Too bare, anyway. Reveals that the design needed a longer wheelbase. Would look better with the rear axle & wheel well opening moved back 3-5 inches, and the opening raised up level with the front, and the rear end sat down so as to be level. But I was born in 1972, so what do I know. ;)

I don't know what you all are on about. I see nothing wrong here.

Looks a hell of a lot better than these...

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
3/11/15 10:28 a.m.
RandyS wrote:
CGLockRacer wrote: Indycar is turing into a...well, I don't know. What happened the "simple", great looking cars of CART?
The DP01 was the best looking formula car in modern history. Politics was the only reason it was mothballed.

Dude, I 100% for sure thought that Honda F1 car was a joke.

So now I am sad. I long for the days of yore.

mthomson22
mthomson22 UltraDork
3/11/15 12:04 p.m.

mthomson22
mthomson22 UltraDork
3/11/15 12:05 p.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
3/11/15 12:06 p.m.
tuna55 wrote: Dude, I 100% for sure thought that Honda F1 car was a joke.

Psst. That's the Honda Indy car aero package.

This is teh McLaren Honda F1 car.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
3/11/15 12:09 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
tuna55 wrote: Dude, I 100% for sure thought that Honda F1 car was a joke.
Psst. That's the Honda Indy car aero package. This is teh McLaren Honda F1 car.

OK, same deal, that one is ugly too.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
3/11/15 12:48 p.m.

mthomson22
mthomson22 UltraDork
3/11/15 12:49 p.m.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
3/11/15 12:49 p.m.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
3/11/15 12:52 p.m.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
3/11/15 12:54 p.m.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
3/11/15 12:55 p.m.

etifosi
etifosi Reader
3/11/15 12:58 p.m.

RIP Larry 3/11/2015

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/11/15 2:08 p.m.
PHeller wrote: Back when cars were brutally simple.

Check out what a nude 308 looks like in the projects section of mat.fi and they look very similar. Like someone had a MIG and an endless supply of 1" square tubing and was told to make something to hold a Ferrari body up.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
3/11/15 3:47 p.m.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
3/11/15 3:48 p.m.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
3/11/15 3:49 p.m.

1 ... 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 ... 4723

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners