1 ... 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 ... 4727
Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
8/7/15 7:08 a.m.
slantvaliant wrote: Hitting the silk to ride the waves would be my guess.

Once more in English please?

Unrelated. One of these berkeleyers attacked me this morning, may even have been bigger than this one. Luckily my Ninja skills allowed me to defeat it with a cunning attack disguised as jumping up and down shaking my hand (That it was trying to eat, whole, seriously) and squealing like a 5 year old girl. God I'm good.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
8/7/15 7:15 a.m.
wbjones wrote:

BTW one of these dropped a hydrogen bomb off the coast of Georgia near Savannah. It's still there.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
8/7/15 7:34 a.m.

This week's tap-room masterpiece from my assistant:

Adrian_Thompson
8/7/15 7:35 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: BTW one of these dropped a hydrogen bomb off the coast of Georgia near Savannah. It's still there.

Nah, the Ruskies picked it up in a sub the next day, that's why we could never find it

slefain
slefain UberDork
8/7/15 8:09 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/7/15 8:14 a.m.
wbjones wrote:

B-47s are cool, but dear Bob, that runway must be a superfund site from that one takeoff. Plus, there's enough unburnt K1 there to single-handedly cause the hole in the ozone layer. Then there's this:

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/7/15 8:46 a.m.

I've had this conversation with my wife. I also had this one:

me: We should trade in or donate some books.

her: NO!

me: Why not?

her: Because then we wouldn't HAVE them anymore!

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
8/7/15 9:43 a.m.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
8/7/15 9:43 a.m.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
8/7/15 9:48 a.m.

slefain
slefain UberDork
8/7/15 10:11 a.m.
nderwater wrote:

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/7/15 10:55 a.m.

...and as of last night, he is done.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/7/15 11:03 a.m.
nderwater wrote:

While I am not a huge Europhile, this is one area where Europeans have it all over Americans - they know how to let modern and historic intermingle and coexist. American cities (and American public perception, too) either want to obliterate the historic, or - and this is MUCH worse - cripple the modern by forcing it to be a weak and badly executed imitation of the historic.

Contrast those with this piece of crap from my home town:

Here's the rendering so you can see how hard it was trying - and failing - to "fit in" with the actual historic building next door:

Here's the wonderful old building the new project was so badly failing to imitate, which is vastly cheapened and diminished by the horrendous new copy next door:

etifosi
etifosi Dork
8/7/15 11:08 a.m.

The back of Hoover Dam, before it was filled.

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
8/7/15 11:11 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Once more in English please? Unrelated. One of these berkeleyers attacked me this morning, may even have been bigger than this one. Luckily my Ninja skills allowed me to defeat it with a cunning attack disguised as jumping up and down shaking my hand (That it was trying to eat, whole, seriously) and squealing like a 5 year old girl. God I'm good.

If that thing is for real, I am moving to a universe where it is not. Spiders dont generally bother me much, but that thing?

Adrian_Thompson
8/7/15 11:14 a.m.

WE can mix old and new here in Detroit. The Guardian building, beautiful art deco inside and out with modern bank, restaurant and shops inside.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/7/15 11:17 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
spitfirebill wrote: BTW one of these dropped a hydrogen bomb off the coast of Georgia near Savannah. It's still there.
Nah, the Ruskies picked it up in a sub the next day, that's why we could never find it

But they did find it, and it's not there anymore

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/georgia-amateur-divers-find-long-lost-nuclear-warhead/

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar UltraDork
8/7/15 11:18 a.m.
nderwater wrote:

That one must be the HR Office

PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
8/7/15 11:26 a.m.
slefain wrote:

Mark 15 – First "lightweight" thermonuclear weapon. (1.7–3.8 Mt, 1955–1965)

I can't get Nukemap to work or else I'd check out the theoretical blast radius of a 1.7mt bomb.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
8/7/15 11:29 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Once more in English please? Unrelated. One of these berkeleyers attacked me this morning, may even have been bigger than this one. Luckily my Ninja skills allowed me to defeat it with a cunning attack disguised as jumping up and down shaking my hand (That it was trying to eat, whole, seriously) and squealing like a 5 year old girl. God I'm good.

Your response was inadequate.

Next time:

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/7/15 11:39 a.m.
kazoospec wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Your response was inadequate. Next time:

I think my response would have been more like this:

Followed by this:

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/7/15 12:07 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

They have those in MI? What?

PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
8/7/15 12:25 p.m.

Made a Meme just for this occasion:

Adrian_Thompson
8/7/15 12:52 p.m.
PHeller wrote: Made a Meme just for this occasion:

That sums it up perfectly, and for those that can's sense humor please see the last pic in PHeller's poster for what I may or may not have been viciously attacked by. But I'm sticking to my guns, that berkeleyer was huge.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
8/7/15 1:32 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
PHeller wrote: Made a Meme just for this occasion:
That sums it up perfectly, and for those that can's sense humor please see the last pic in PHeller's poster for what I may or may not have been viciously attacked by. But I'm sticking to my guns, that berkeleyer was huge.

Oh, I sensed there may have been some "size enhancement", the minigun is still appropriate.

1 ... 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 ... 4727

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sONyVR4Rh2ldHXkMr2Hqyxhe0wiNPWVJzsRoKap719HCm5QWLC7yw7HF5QbVTkTn