1 ... 2965 2966 2967 2968 2969 ... 4728
thedanimal
thedanimal New Reader
12/31/15 1:42 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/31/15 1:49 p.m.

The strongest man I ever met was a Thud driver that spent 7 years at the Hilton. He said he got to a low point and then said to himself, "No, I'm going home. I'm going to make it."

And he endured.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/31/15 1:50 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/31/15 2:34 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/31/15 3:10 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/31/15 3:15 p.m.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/31/15 3:47 p.m.

In reply to bigdaddylee82:

I just finished changing the locks on 45 tool boxes at Boeing Charleston. I bet they have 1000s of them out there and their tool control is crazy. Something about leaving a wrench in some obscure part of a plane being a bad thing.

If you are OCD, you'd be in tool heaven. Every tool, in every drawer, has a specific place and a foam cutout that it fits in. In several areas of the factory, I have to provide a inventory of my tool bag and have it checked as I come in, and before I leave.

I'm glad it's not my job to keep up with all that stuff.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart HalfDork
12/31/15 4:04 p.m.

LOL! Where I work, that is my job :) Navy Tool Crib, we check everything, log it twice and woe be unto the mechanic that loses something Millions of $$$ in range time can be blown apart by two words "lost tool"

Toyman01 wrote:

In reply to bigdaddylee82:

I just finished changing the locks on 45 tool boxes at Boeing Charleston. I bet they have 1000s of them out there and their tool control is crazy. Something about leaving a wrench in some obscure part of a plane being a bad thing.

If you are OCD, you'd be in tool heaven. Every tool, in every drawer, has a specific place and a foam cutout that it fits in. In several areas of the factory, I have to provide a inventory of my tool bag and have it checked as I come in, and before I leave.

I'm glad it's not my job to keep up with all that stuff.

Will
Will SuperDork
12/31/15 4:29 p.m.
pilotbraden wrote:

This guy disagrees with that bit about living conditions.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/31/15 5:12 p.m.
914Driver wrote:

Jethro Tull?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/31/15 5:29 p.m.

Mazda's upcoming RS Concept, with adjustable suspension, black wheels and red aero bits!

My driveway! With, umm, adjustable suspension, black wheels and red aero bits. I guess Mazda really liked the car we showed at SEMA.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/31/15 8:34 p.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
12/31/15 9:23 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Mazda's upcoming RS Concept, with adjustable suspension, black wheels and red aero bits! My driveway! With, umm, adjustable suspension, black wheels and red aero bits. I guess Mazda really liked the car we showed at SEMA.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/31/15 9:48 p.m.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/31/15 10:22 p.m.
Flight Service wrote:

"Imitation is not the best form of flattery. Imitation is the best form of A LAWSUIT!" - Rev. Ivan Stang, Hour of Slack #603

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
12/31/15 10:40 p.m.
bastomatic wrote: I'm also listening to the new Serial podcast following Bowe Bergdahl. What our POWs have had to endure really puts things in perspective.

Tha' berk you say??

Are you showing ANY berking sympathy for that deserting E36M3 bag?!

A convicted berking deserter! You are obviously a non-prior E36M3 bag for not having the basic berking understanding of the consequences of deserting your berking post.

Please make a sincere effort to remedy this cranial-rectal inversion so as you may clearly understand.

1.) In direct violation of Article 85 of the UCMJ, PFC Bergdahl willfully deserted his post, which in itself places his other fellow solders in harm.

2.) In an attempt to locate and rescue PFC Bergdahl, six other solders lost their lives.

3.) Due to a diversion of assets, a COP (Command OutPost) was overrun resulting in the death of eight Americans, 27 wounded in fighting so intense that it resulted in 2 Medals of Honor.

4.) Taliban attacks following PFC Bergdahl's desertion showed a highly effective change of TTP as if being guided by an inside informant.

5.) Without congressional approval, PFC Bergdahl was traded for 5 high value Taliban commanders (this was to be 6, but one pulled a heart attack while on a treadmill at one of our "hellish" detention facilities). It would behoove you to comprehend this dangerous precedent and the simple berking reason why we DO NOT negotiate with terrorists.

6.) Upon PFC Bergdahl's release, his father, Robert Bergdahl, a know pervert/stalker, a known Taliban sympathizer (as tweeted: “I am still working to free all Guantanamo prisoners. God will repay for the death of every Afghan child, amen!”), whom while at a White House presser, speaking in Pashtun, claimed the White House in the name of Islam.

7.) ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING, PFC Bergdahl has to say in his cute little "podcasts" fall under TAQIYYA. . . Google is your friend.

Now knowing full well that today's society is somewhat different than the one that stormed Normandy and that "feelings" get hurt because "words" and that there may now be an open plot under the patio, I wish to honor the forum as a whole by not violating thread rules by posting the required hotlink:

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/31/15 10:40 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

A Subgenius reference! I love this place.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
12/31/15 10:48 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/1/16 7:21 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/1/16 7:25 a.m.

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
1/1/16 8:55 a.m.
914Driver wrote:

The first thing I said when I looked at this photo: "Damn, that's a big input shaft".

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
1/1/16 11:34 p.m.
914Driver wrote:

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/2/16 7:34 a.m.

Someone's gonna be crying in a minute.

bentwrench
bentwrench Dork
1/2/16 10:17 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Someone's gonna be crying in a minute.

Hang on Wilma, this is going to get a little bumpy!

stroker
stroker SuperDork
1/2/16 4:44 p.m.
914Driver wrote: Someone's gonna be crying in a minute.

"Man, that independent rear suspension really takes the bumps out, doesn't it?"

1 ... 2965 2966 2967 2968 2969 ... 4728

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
T3ohdQEeJg3lyyFdOgKW4YanwuZ3jpyJTXgofTe9BoIDl0uxJcMn85PrE0eTOSEy