914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/10/16 1:13 p.m.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/10/16 1:45 p.m.
RFloyd wrote:
wbjones wrote:
bigdaddylee82 wrote: In reply to 914Driver: It cost's the same (often more) than the same pistol chambered to shoot these: Only real advantage of the .22 WMR is less recoil and a little less loaded weight. In today's market, the .38 spl is cheaper, easier to find, and has 100+ grains on the heaviest .22s, I just have a soft spot for magnum rimfires.
what's the wall penetration potential of a heavy .38 spl ? the only entry and exits of my home face south .. .and that's the only path way to other homes ... guestamet of maybe 60 to 70yds give or take ... so miss and a window and 60+ yds ... all this is why I've been looking at Taurus Judge .. .410 pellets don't have the same potential of reaching that far ... and of course I realize that practice and hit what I'm aiming at will be the same comment from some that I've always gotten after saying that
If you want hitting power and you're indoors but don't want to kill the neighbors, .410 is a great idea..... but you might want more magazine capacity. Saiga 12ga a little bigger than 410 but nice and small for indoors use Saiga 410 w/ 30 rd drum magazine dead nuts reliable AK action, in shotgun form!

that should cost a bit more than a Judge ...

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/10/16 2:12 p.m.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
1/10/16 2:15 p.m.

In reply to RFloyd:

If you're worried about over-penetration get Glaser safety slugs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaser_Safety_Slug

RFloyd
RFloyd New Reader
1/10/16 2:33 p.m.
stroker wrote: In reply to RFloyd: If you're worried about over-penetration get Glaser safety slugs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaser_Safety_Slug

Well, not a Saiga 12 but I do have a Mossberg 500 that is my primary defensive weapon,

that is loaded with alternating rounds of 00 Buck and #2 goose loads, for maximum damage at close range with lower risk of going through several walls if they miss.

I figure if 10 rounds of 12ga don't do the trick, there are 16 rounds of 9mm Black Talons behind that. If they get through that and the 2 pitbulls, they deserve whatever they can get away with. LOL

Storz
Storz Dork
1/10/16 2:34 p.m.

Penetration

00 > 9mm > .556 Nato

Box O truth

Kylini
Kylini HalfDork
1/10/16 4:21 p.m.

My car is notorious. SUCCESS!

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/10/16 5:20 p.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote: In reply to wbjones: If over penetration is truly a concern there are frangible rounds available for most all of the popular calibers. For home defense we keep one of these around. It's about triple its original purchase price in mods/accessories, but it's reliable as gravity, and SWMBO wields it confidently loaded with these:

never owned a hand gun ... so lots of practice would be in order ... which would be lots of $$ ... which is the reason for the shotgun preference ... even in a handgun (the Judge)

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/10/16 7:21 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/10/16 7:27 p.m.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/10/16 7:33 p.m.

photo 31F4ABCF-F7E8-457F-B6EC-C241F08DED98_zpsjmt7ycwg.png

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
1/10/16 7:37 p.m.

Or wherever, really

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
1/10/16 7:39 p.m.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
1/10/16 7:41 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote:

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
1/10/16 7:44 p.m.

This is the first album that I ever owned that I would still blast today. So good.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/10/16 7:52 p.m.

I'm just in it for the jersey.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/10/16 9:46 p.m.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/16 10:43 p.m.
iadr wrote:
Appleseed wrote:
Thats cool. They came 4x4 from the factory- PYP had them consistently on the yard for a year or so 2-3 years ago. I looked at all kinds of rigs with intention of pulling parts for a re-orientation of my Sidekick to purely onroad duties (needed to regear taller, and have an AWD function.) Nothing appealing in the way of parts to pull out of them- I think it was Dana 30 front, 7.5 rear? or even lighter duty- but if you are just on muddy rocky roads to camp or do outdoor stuff, might not be bad. They are pretty much gone off the road, though. Not long before it's hard to get service parts. Ps. yeah yeah, a pic... ahh, look at it, that pic...

I worked at a Ford dealer for a while in 1995. Nothing got crappier faster than an Aerostar. Seriously, they reached shagged out status in about three months.

I also helped deliver one to Alert, up in the Arctic. By plane, because that's how you get to Alert. I still feel guilty about that. I've got pics of it being offloaded, but not online.

Instead of a picture, I shall offer a link to the last time I posted that in this thread, which I discovered when trying to find a picture of a First Air cargo plane. Behold, page 1812 of the Hotlink Thread from March 2013.
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/can-we-please-stop-hotlinking-pics/20411/page1812/

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/11/16 8:07 a.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/11/16 8:18 a.m.

Anyone seen Prometheus? I think I want to see it.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
1/11/16 8:56 a.m.
wbjones wrote:

That is some crazy genius, as long as it doesn't rattle loose. If the trailer ever drops off the ball, it pulls the pin. When you see the trailer come unglued you just stand on the gas. A quick wiggle of the steering wheel will probably flick the draw bar out and you can continue happily on your way, claiming no knowledge of he massive pile up behind you with no incriminating evidence. As long as your trailer was unregistered or borrowed.

slefain
slefain UberDork
1/11/16 9:05 a.m.

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
1/11/16 9:11 a.m.

I'll never forget dancing around the living room with my 2 year old daughter, Space Oddity blasting on the turntable.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
1/11/16 9:22 a.m.
Flight Service wrote: Anyone seen Prometheus? I think I want to see it.

If you're a fan of Alien (and some of the sequels) I don't think you'd enjoy it. I love Alien and I tried really hard to like Prometheus...but I couldn't.

1 ... 2974 2975 2976 2977 2978 ... 4728

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vPflPznO7AwAUE4ZiBIcnjc3u9hbIDW38vExGsHf9UXY8OJnffhWSBoSCL1K6Tng