1 ... 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 ... 4723
Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/20/16 10:40 a.m.
nderwater wrote:

Looking at all those pictures, it seems like that in every case, they parked the smaller car slightly farther away to enhance the effect. Nothing makes me discount a fundamentally accurate premise like overstating it for unnecessary emphasis.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/16 11:16 a.m.
Duke wrote:
nderwater wrote:
Looking at all those pictures, it seems like that in every case, they parked the smaller car slightly farther away to enhance the effect. Nothing makes me discount a fundamentally accurate premise like overstating it for unnecessary emphasis.

As the owner of a classic Mini and the employee of someone who owns a MINI, that one's not exaggerated. For example, the wheel size went from 10" to 17".

Please send 911s so I can confirm that one.

Do the same thing with NA and ND Miatas and you'll be happy. I have no hotlink, but maybe I'll take that picture later today...

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
10/20/16 12:15 p.m.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
10/20/16 1:33 p.m.

Keith Tanner
10/20/16 1:56 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote:

Well done, my man.

As payment, I provide this. 2017 Miata RF in Lexus Ultrasonic Blue. Ish.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
10/20/16 2:11 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote:

See, EVERYTHING gets fatter as it gets older!

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
10/21/16 8:36 a.m.

Not sure how I feel about this...

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
10/21/16 11:58 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
BlueInGreen44 wrote:
Well done, my man. As payment, I provide this. 2017 Miata RF in Lexus Ultrasonic Blue. Ish.

That coupe needs more low.

Keith Tanner
10/21/16 12:18 p.m.

I almost lowered it in Photoshop because that's the default reaction to everyone who sees a Miata at stock ride height. The Mazda engineer would not let me change out the suspension on their chassis mule before I took the picture. Wuss.

See the V8 ND perform a disappearing trick!

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
10/21/16 1:25 p.m.

Keith Tanner
10/21/16 2:35 p.m.
iadr wrote: Actually what it needs is taller tires. I work at a dealership and we have one around that has ~1.2" taller tires (can check, they are staggered in some small way, too), and newer salesman walk by it and are like "is that a higher trim level?" "What's different about this one?" All. Damn. Day. But yeah Mazda chassis guys are idiots. Whoever set the chassis up on the CX3 should never, ever be allowed behind the wheel of a car for the rest of his life. berkeley them.

I wouldn't be so harsh on Coleman and co. They did a great job on the stock Miata setup, less so on the Club. Still not "idiots", though. If you think the CX3 is badly set up, you probably shouldn't drive any of its competitors at speed.

ND Miata with a 225/45-17 (25.0" OD) and a slight drop. That's 0.7" taller than stock.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
10/21/16 2:38 p.m.
nderwater wrote: Not sure how I feel about this...

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/21/16 3:43 p.m.

Somebody, somewhere, thinks that is the car they've always wanted.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/16 6:04 p.m.
Gasoline wrote:

I just had one of those in my building today. Never seen one before.

WHO R U WHY R U FOLLOWING ME

Seriously, though. The trans shop we work with borrowed a lift because the Winnebago's rooftop A/C wouldn't clear their shop doors. The thing had a maybe 140" wheelbase and maybe ten ounces of shock oil in the whole vehicle. It was bouncing and swaying in parking lot maneuvers. Sketchtacular.

Also, it had 8R17.5 tires that had some of the worst sitting-in-one-spot dryrot that I've ever seen.

Knurled
10/21/16 6:43 p.m.

In accordance with having to holtlink a pic, here you go.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/16 8:22 p.m.

From today's walk home, Homer SquarePants:

Wall-e
10/21/16 8:23 p.m.

He does not approve of me eating dinner in front of the TV:

Wall-e
10/21/16 8:24 p.m.

She smelled more like old socks and cigarettes than strawberries.

Wall-e
10/21/16 8:27 p.m.

Wall-e
10/21/16 8:30 p.m.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
10/21/16 8:30 p.m.
iadr wrote: Actually what it needs is taller tires. I work at a dealership and we have one around that has ~1.2" taller tires (can check, they are staggered in some small way, too), and newer salesman walk by it and are like "is that a higher trim level?" "What's different about this one?" All. Damn. Day. But yeah Mazda chassis guys are idiots. Whoever set the chassis up on the CX3 should never, ever be allowed behind the wheel of a car for the rest of his life. berkeley them.

Anyone who thinks Dave Coleman is an idiot, clearly hasn't read sport compact car magazine. He is absolutely The Man.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
10/21/16 8:36 p.m.

Also, check out motoiq. http://www.motoiq.com

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/21/16 8:40 p.m.

Is that Kojima?

Knurled
10/21/16 8:44 p.m.
sesto elemento wrote:
Anyone who thinks Dave Coleman is an idiot, clearly hasn't read sport compact car magazine. He is absolutely The Man.

He did lose me when he started babbling about the "Dave Point", a geometrical construct that I could SWEAR that I'd read in a publication or paper somewhere as being defined as the "scrub center".

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
10/21/16 8:54 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
sesto elemento wrote:
He did lose me when he started babbling about the "Dave Point", a geometrical construct that I could SWEAR that I'd read in a publication or paper somewhere as being defined as the "scrub center".

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/1982/PageID/3203/The-Ultimate-Handling-Guide-Part-8-Understanding-Your-Caster-King-Pin-Inclination-and-Scrub.aspx

1 ... 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 ... 4723

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0ZCZ6GAIVGO2RSorOaAVS3F2af51q7GS4ROwMKjMg7o8S4N2tytA2V4BrmxPPzFc