1 ... 3334 3335 3336 3337 3338 ... 4725
Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/12/17 1:58 p.m.

Grand National Wagon?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/12/17 3:32 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Grand National Wagon?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
1/12/17 3:35 p.m.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
1/12/17 4:50 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: You would think by now there'd be a step in designing a product where someone looks it over and makes sure there aren't little swastikas on things. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/company-recalls-boots-man-discovers-swastikas-soles-article-1.2944293 You probably wouldn't want to walk a day in this man's shoes. A Reddit user took to social media to share the soles of his black leather Polar Fox boots — after he discovered they had left tiny swastika prints on the ground. "There was an angle I didn't get to see when ordering my new work boots," the man wrote. User FRSHFSHFCKR's viral post was viewed more than 2 million times and sparked Nazi-related jokes about the unusual design.

Before I insult someone, I think it's a good idea to walk a mile in their shoes. That way when I insult them, I'm a mile away, and they have no shoes.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/17 5:58 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: You would think by now there'd be a step in designing a product where someone looks it over and makes sure there aren't little swastikas on things. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/company-recalls-boots-man-discovers-swastikas-soles-article-1.2944293 You probably wouldn't want to walk a day in this man's shoes. A Reddit user took to social media to share the soles of his black leather Polar Fox boots — after he discovered they had left tiny swastika prints on the ground. "There was an angle I didn't get to see when ordering my new work boots," the man wrote. User FRSHFSHFCKR's viral post was viewed more than 2 million times and sparked Nazi-related jokes about the unusual design.

They've been recalled:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article125875644.html

Unrelated pic of my hometown:

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/17 6:24 p.m.

T-Type wagon. Not even THAT, it doesn't have the bulged hood to clear the intake plumbing.

Grand Nationals came in the same colors as the Model T.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
1/13/17 5:27 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/13/17 9:33 a.m.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/13/17 10:57 a.m.

Yes, Please:

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/17 11:50 a.m.
Stefan wrote:
They've been recalled: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article125875644.html

Holy E36 M3 guys, this is either no accident AT ALL or the most unfortunate coincidence EVER. Hear me out.

From the recall article:

The boots made news in Germany, too, where Stern, a weekly magazine based in Hamburg, noted another oddity — the boot’s name, Polar Fox. That happens to be “the name of an operation carried out by the Wehrmacht of the German Reich in the Second World War: from Finnish and Norwegian soil, the goal was to conquer the port town of Murmansk against the Soviet Union,” the magazine noted.

This is exactly what it looks like when neo-nazis hide nazi references in things meant for mainstream consumption, which they love to do. I've done a little searching on this model and it looks like they've been producing a line of Polar Fox boots for a while - I found what appears to be an older version here. The traction pegs are shaped like innocent little + signs. Perhaps a neo-nazi works for this company in sole design, saw the name of the boot and lightbulbs came on, as he started designing tread details that didn't look much like swastikas but would leave near-perfect swastika marks in the bootprint.

But the swastikas are not the only Nazi-esque detail.

Now here's the really damning evidence (or most unfortunate coincidence), there are 14 faux screw heads on the front part of the sole and 8 of those traction pegs that make swastika marks. 14 and 88 are numbers with special shorthand meanings to neo-nazis (very important numbers, like the 10 commandments and holy trinity to neo-nazis). Note also that the older model did not have these faux screw heads and had 6 traction pegs on the front of the sole.

I can't find a pic of the heel of the offending variant of the boot but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if there were more incriminating details on there.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/13/17 2:17 p.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
1/13/17 2:21 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy:

What the hell was in my lunch? I'm hallucinating and not in a good way.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/13/17 3:39 p.m.
Indy-Guy wrote:

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
1/13/17 4:39 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote:
Indy-Guy wrote:

Sorry about that guys....

I found that on barnfinds.com.....

I would have preferred the name "BugAru" or "Suba-Bug"

Somewhat related:

Shorty

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/17 4:54 p.m.

...because it makes the room lighter.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/13/17 4:57 p.m.
Indy-Guy wrote: Yes, Please:

We've seen that before. Quite a while ago.

With wings.

Sadly, it didn't exactly run well...

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/13/17 6:05 p.m.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
1/13/17 6:32 p.m.

nymalo
nymalo GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/13/17 6:45 p.m.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/17 7:03 p.m.
Chadeux wrote:

(First GIS hit for "want". It's sign language, honest)

Now, if you want to be a dork, and we're all dorks here, you'll note that this El Nacional Grande (pidgin Spanish) has the hood bulge and the scoop under the radiator, between two halves of a split airdam, for the ducting to the intercooler, which mounts behind the radiator and has its own crank pulley driven fan. (Also has GNX-look portholes on the fenders, which are kinda lame but visually distinctive) The red wagon on top has none of that, indicating it's just a blacked-out Regal.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
1/13/17 9:46 p.m.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/17 6:18 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/14/17 7:29 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: Sadly, it didn't exactly run well...

Sucked a valve and blew out a piston. eds more preflight.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/14/17 9:16 a.m.

I really kinda want this.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
1/14/17 9:25 a.m.

In reply to nymalo:

Aren't they, ummm... going the wrong way?

1 ... 3334 3335 3336 3337 3338 ... 4725

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YWtLLPYDe30D5V9gcu7pXJKnWtA6yzYbaixmZnKKUMkBNgNdKWLXRyJWmogRve0E