1 ... 4151 4152 4153 4154 4155 ... 4726
Gary
Gary UltraDork
7/27/20 7:41 p.m.

Beautiful summer evening in SoNE. It's 8:30 and 84 degrees.

Earlier today we were at our friends' house with a pool. It wasn't really 120, that would be Palm Springs weather, but it was pushing 100 here. The thermometer is on a south-facing garage wall.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
7/27/20 7:59 p.m.

Bama Henge.

It's a thing

Gary
Gary UltraDork
7/27/20 8:19 p.m.

The other night our granddaughters were over for dinner. They were cutting flowers from our yard based on our favorite colors. I said mine were Gulf Orange and Gulf Blue. Without any idea of what that meant, this is what they brought to me ... with a little BRG for garnish. I think they did well. Maybe they pay attention to all my car magazines strewn about, or maybe the stickers on my toolboxes in the garage.

I think they're gonna be car-enthusiasts.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
7/27/20 9:13 p.m.
SaltyDog said:

Bama Henge.

It's a thing

Thanks for sharing. 

Norway I think. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/27/20 11:20 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/28/20 2:14 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/28/20 6:14 a.m.

Needs a bomber seat.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/28/20 6:28 a.m.

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
7/28/20 11:22 a.m.

I came across this Comanche today at the rural branch of my bank. I saw the owner and he looked like an old farmer who probably has had this truck a long time and likes it for it functionality. 

It looked so cool and purposefully in its matte army green paint and black wheels.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/28/20 12:01 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/28/20 12:59 p.m.

In April 1956, the crew of a Sikorsky HSS-1 was conducting dipping sonar trials off Key West using the submarine USS Corporal SS-346 as a target when cockpit instruments indicated that there was a problem with the main transmission. Since a transmission failure in flight was to be avoided at all costs, the pilot, CDR Culley, and his crewman Lt Johnson prepared to ditch while, I'm guessing, the sonar operator signaled the submarine to surface.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/28/20 1:22 p.m.

Mazdeuce deleted this because....dude....we cant do that, you know that. 

I do.  Brain fart.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/28/20 1:41 p.m.

not that I would trust Wells to NOT send me a breakdown like this, but damn is that disheartening to see. $4k paid, not even 25% going to principle.

DonnonGT
DonnonGT New Reader
7/28/20 6:07 p.m.
914Driver said:

Mazdeuce deleted this because....dude....we cant do that, you know that. 

I do.  Brain fart.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/28/20 6:29 p.m.
914Driver said:

Why do we have six "plus one's" and counting???  I'm busy planning a national day of morning while others are pounding away on their "thumb's up key"

Accordion safety bumpers - Check...Whale's Tail - Check...Speed Yellow paint job - Check.

The want is strong in this one...what the Berk is wrong with you people???

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/28/20 6:46 p.m.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/28/20 6:47 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

You have some cute mice there...  lol

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/28/20 7:11 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) :

Unless you're a yellowjacket. Then berk off. Bee something else, or cease to bee. Not really a bee anyhow.

(When we went to Germany with some friends, we started calling all yellowjackets Steve, with the inflection from this mention of the name. There were a lot of yellowjackets, and some of them wanted my Andechs Dunkel, the bastards.)

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
7/28/20 7:13 p.m.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/28/20 7:13 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

Not defending the thumbs up, but look at the bright side of that picture.  The engine is not under water and it is not salt water.  Pull that puppy out, let it drip dry and it was probably fine.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
7/28/20 7:20 p.m.

Another beautiful evening in SoNE: 79 degrees, 79% humidity. I love this. Unfortunately, Annie preferred to be indoors with optimal climate conditions. Ho-hum. Anyway I love this weather.

Totally unrelated pic. One of Ron Will's drawings when he was in the Caddie studio at GM under Bill Mitchell. There's a great back story, but I'll leave that as a teaser:

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/28/20 7:28 p.m.

Would you be happier if it was a Camry?

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
7/28/20 7:30 p.m.
RX Reven' said:
914Driver said:

Why do we have six "plus one's" and counting???  I'm busy planning a national day of morning while others are pounding away on their "thumb's up key"

Accordion safety bumpers - Check...Whale's Tail - Check...Speed Yellow paint job - Check.

Did somebody say Whale Tail ?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/20 7:33 p.m.
RX Reven' said:
914Driver said:

1.  There's nothing up front that can't be easily/cheaply replaced.

2.  That isn't a "flood car", that's submerged in clean water.  The problem with flood cars isn't the water, it's all the fine silt the water puts everywhere.  No silt = no problem.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/28/20 7:47 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
RX Reven' said:
914Driver said:

1.  There's nothing up front that can't be easily/cheaply replaced.

2.  That isn't a "flood car", that's submerged in clean water.  The problem with flood cars isn't the water, it's all the fine silt the water puts everywhere.  No silt = no problem.

That's gotta be fake anyway.  The lighting is too good and that expensive pool is only 3 feet deep?  How is the car sitting there unless it is wedged on its nose.

1 ... 4151 4152 4153 4154 4155 ... 4726

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GZqHJ05yHLuMU7lN3CSFitKHfZwvGNstCf53Sw6XXaGvuLnC4Z2g3CgWypupHS4p