1 ... 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 ... 4722
TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
10/12/20 10:19 a.m.

Most of 914 driver's pics look like this to me. Why?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/12/20 11:44 a.m.
TurnerX19 said:

Me too.  I get them on my desktop usually.  Never see them on my phone.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/12/20 2:50 p.m.

I think it's because he hotlinks from 914world forum. But that is just a guess really.

My weekend. Just me and my daughter. 

It's been 4-5 years since I went tent camping. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why I stopped. 

Apparently I need to examine my priorities a little bit. 

Sparkydog
Sparkydog HalfDork
10/12/20 6:24 p.m.

I wasn't commuting so - its going here. Note the widths of front and rear tires. 

And then 4 minutes later,

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/12/20 8:10 p.m.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/12/20 8:11 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/13/20 7:35 a.m.
TurnerX19 said:

Why would some stolen pics show up and others don't?

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
10/13/20 7:44 a.m.

After the way 2020 has gone, I needed this little bit of rest and relaxation something fierce:

There's something deeply therapeutic about the sound of the ocean, the waves and the sunset.  I'm truly blessed today. yes

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/13/20 8:04 a.m.

edwardh80
edwardh80 Reader
10/13/20 8:21 a.m.
Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) said:

It's been 4-5 years since I went tent camping. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why I stopped. 

That's a dang snazzy little roof you've got. Details? We've just been using a big blue tarp, but your's looks way more user friendly and purpose-made for that application. Where'd you go camping? We were camping up in NC on the Blue Ridge this past week, and it was absolutely gorgeous.

slantvaliant (Forum Supporter)
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/13/20 9:33 a.m.

Saw this near Lorenzo, Texas.  1960-ish DKW.  Not your usual West Texas farming town field car.  How it got there, who knows?  Maybe it came over from Europe with one of the airmen stationed at Reese AFB, or Sheppard AFB.  

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
10/13/20 9:37 a.m.

In reply to slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) :

DKW cars were marketed in the USA when that car was new. Photo unrelated.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/13/20 10:08 a.m.
TurnerX19 said:

In reply to slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) :

DKW cars were marketed in the USA when that car was new. Photo unrelated.

Buzz Aldren bought a DKW instead of a Corvette like most of his fellow astronauts. I seem to recall he said at the time it seemed like an excellent mix of economical and sporty. He admitted he was wrong on both counts

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/13/20 10:14 a.m.

I'm no transmission expert, but something don't look right here

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
10/13/20 10:25 a.m.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/13/20 10:27 a.m.

In reply to bentwrench :

A modern transmission, like a GM 8L90E is a damn impressive piece. I'd rather have an auto C7 than a manual C7, honestly.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/13/20 11:41 a.m.
NickD said:

In reply to bentwrench :

A modern transmission, like a GM 8L90E is a damn impressive piece. I'd rather have an auto C7 than a manual C7, honestly.

Interesting.  I agree that there are a lot of excellent automatic transmissions available today but I wouldn't have listed the GM 8L90E in the C7 as one of them.  I've never driven one on the street but on the track I've found them to be rather frustrating.  In automatic mode they're often in the wrong gear and they like to downshift in the middle of medium speed corners.  When shifted manually there's an inconsistent delay between toggling the paddles and when they shift.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/20 12:01 p.m.

In reply to APEowner :

Huh.  As far back as the original Caddy Northstars, GM had software in the trans controller that would get data from the ABS unit (maybe airbag unit?) to prevent a shift if the car was over a certain amount of lateral G.

Certainly, the video GM put out of an automatic ZL1 lapping the 'Ring while completely in automatic mode looked very impressive.

edwardh80 said:
Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) said:

That's a dang snazzy little roof you've got. Details? We've just been using a big blue tarp, but your's looks way more user friendly and purpose-made for that application. Where'd you go camping? We were camping up in NC on the Blue Ridge this past week, and it was absolutely gorgeous.

The tarp is a Kelty Noah's Tarp 16. They make it in several sizes. Not as cheap as a blue tarp but much more durable and lighter. The poles are theirs as well. 

The campground was Givhans Ferry State Park just outside of Summerville, SC. It was a last minute trip so I had to take what I could find available. My only complaints about the campground was the noise and the sand. It's not far enough off a main road to get away from the redneck trucks roaring by at all hours of the night. And with the rain we had Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning, everything I carried out there is covered in sand, including the interior of my XJ. Still beats the hell out of sitting around the house. 

Planning the next one for mid November.

I'll leave you with pictures of Saturday night's dinner. 

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/13/20 12:52 p.m.
NickD said:

Buzz Aldren bought a DKW instead of a Corvette like most of his fellow astronauts. I seem to recall he said at the time it seemed like an excellent mix of economical and sporty. He admitted he was wrong on both counts

I thought he had an NSU Prinz.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/20 1:01 p.m.

10 month old oil filter.  This was on a Focus with an amazingly intact undertray.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/13/20 1:18 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to APEowner :

Huh.  As far back as the original Caddy Northstars, GM had software in the trans controller that would get data from the ABS unit (maybe airbag unit?) to prevent a shift if the car was over a certain amount of lateral G.

Certainly, the video GM put out of an automatic ZL1 lapping the 'Ring while completely in automatic mode looked very impressive.

I've driven four different C7s and they all behaved the same way however none of them were mine and at least one of them was modified.  I wonder if they'd all been "tuned". 

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/20 2:12 p.m.

Alfa Quadrifoglio?

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/20 3:14 p.m.

Two 13b engines in a Forester? No problem; EASY. This was back before a tree crushed my last RX-7.

1 ... 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 ... 4722

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zYrj27qamr7L29UYbSv63kC5j5dKVfDC5IMMxJ7raE2AI9p7WXcP0bGtSJA5vEqE