1 ... 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 ... 4723
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/21 7:03 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) said:

Oh sweet baby jesus

I bet all those adaptors cost more than the correct bed-mount hardware.

Mr_Asa said:

Oh sweet baby jesus

Yeah, that ranks right up there with the draw bar made of a block of wood. I'm going to forgo posting a photo. No point in posting something that gets squished.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
3/5/21 7:32 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Mr_Asa said:

Oh sweet baby jesus

Given the level of brains in this photo, chances are it's a half ton truck and nobody would install a correct hitch for dude. Dude showed them though. Also I wouldn't be surprised to find an open container or three in the cab. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/5/21 8:37 p.m.

A buddy of mine runs a custom shop. He's in his mid-30s and built a Volvo 850 race car. About 10 years ago this was his daily.

https://www.sixdeucesspeedshop.com

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
3/5/21 8:43 p.m.
Donebrokeit said:

Folsom’s Air Service, Greenville Maine.  (Moosehead Lake)

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/5/21 8:54 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Mr_Asa said:

Oh sweet baby jesus

But then where would he put his milk crate dog boxes to keep the hunting dogs safe?

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/5/21 8:57 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

The Silverado that I got to experience the joy of lifter replacement on last month, was a 1500 with a bed mount hitch.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/5/21 9:48 p.m.
Duke said:

A buddy of mine runs a custom shop. He's in his mid-30s and built a Volvo 940 race car. About 10 years ago this was his daily.

This is an oddly timed pic considering this: Find me a hardtop

That car is tits.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
3/5/21 9:53 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Reminds me of a story from a friend that worked at an RV shop. Elderly widow came in with a brand new Ram 1500 eco diesel. Ordered and paid for a brand new custom outfitted 5th wheel traveling home. "I have a new dodge diesel to pull it with."

Sales guys don't care/know. She comes back a couple months later to have a hitch installed so she can pull her newly delivered toy home. At this point the service writer starts to inform her that her truck isn't up to the task. "My husband was an engineer!" "A dodge diesel will tow anything!" "You just think you know more because I'm a woman!" You work in the service industry, I'm sure you have similar experiences. 

Way my buddy tells the story, there was a couple weeks of arguments and threats and accusations and finally a waiver was signed iirc. They installed a hitch and she drove away. Needless to say, the truck broke. Powertrain failure. Warranty refused to pay. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall. 

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
3/5/21 10:25 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/5/21 10:52 p.m.

Experiment, loading from an iPhone. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/5/21 11:25 p.m.
Duke said:

A buddy of mine runs a custom shop. He's in his mid-30s and built a Volvo 940 race car. About 10 years ago this was his daily.

I've always loved the two-tone paint when there's a split at the body lines.  I've thought about it for my Mustang but never saw one that gave me confidence.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/6/21 6:23 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

I posted my Buick shots from my iPhone last night and at least to me they look OK.  Your Ford truck is squinched.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/6/21 6:40 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

The Silverado that I got to experience the joy of lifter replacement on last month, was a 1500 with a bed mount hitch.

I'd assume nowadays "half-ton" trucks have enough towing capacity for at least a lighter weight 5th wheel trailer.  Not the 40'+ monsters I see nowadays that look like they'll get blown over if they get a good gust of wind, but the more reasonable-sized ones.

I think it's called Montana because it's about the same size as the state.

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/6/21 7:24 a.m.
eastsideTim said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I'd assume nowadays "half-ton" trucks have enough towing capacity for at least a lighter weight 5th wheel trailer.  Not the 40'+ monsters I see nowadays that look like they'll get blown over if they get a good gust of wind, but the more reasonable-sized ones.

I think it's called Montana because it's about the same size.

I believe that I have literally lived in houses smaller than that.

Duke said:

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

I posted my Buick shots from my iPhone last night and at least to me they look OK.  Your Ford truck is squinched.

Yeah, problem since the switch to new hosting software/server. I'm sure it'll be sorted out soon. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/6/21 9:52 a.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

Experiment, loading from an iPhone. 

I've noticed that sometimes quoting it fixes it. But not here, obviously. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/6/21 10:43 a.m.

testing

RevRico
3/6/21 10:46 a.m.

test 2

Cleared cache on mobile, uploads fixed

WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/6/21 10:54 a.m.

Ratio test

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/6/21 10:56 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

One of the last Long John Silvers' is not too far from here.  I should go to there.

I think Arthur Treachers' has closed.

edit:  Nope, there's still one on the *cleveland sigh* EAST side.  Guess I'm going to Garfield Heights today.  Their fries are 90% of why I like big soft thick planks and not seriously overseasoned crispy curly bullE36 M3 like Arby's or Rally's will try to sell you.

I'm west side,  East side is full of weirdos, elitists, and scammers.  SWMBO lives in Eastlake but that's forgivable under the "weirdo" clause.

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/6/21 11:39 a.m.

RevRico
3/6/21 2:48 p.m.

Fish fry Fridays Pete. I live about 5 minutes from 10 different fire departments so we're trying a different one each week, lent is my favorite time of year. 

We do have a long John a&W in town. It's good for a quick fix, but mainly I go there for the brewed on site root beer.

Picture unrelated, was valentines dinner

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/6/21 6:38 p.m.
RevRico said:

testing

As plain as it is, that sammich looks like it would hit the spot right now.

I wonder if there is any place that makes po-boys near me.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/6/21 6:39 p.m.
RevRico said:

We do have a long John a&W in town. It's good for a quick fix, but mainly I go there for the brewed on site root beer.

I forgot all about the difference that the on-site root beer has compared to the bottled stuff.  Gonna have to go get some soon

1 ... 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 ... 4723

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pBCjkqspBUKQvdQKOKeuSe6eoGVfDkbU4mlvjJVveJWr2hUzYfnsIqIDkLjN6Rip