Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/23/21 9:40 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/23/21 10:20 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

They forgot General Crankypants.

Alan Moore is a genius but he is one weird dude.

Miracleman (1985) comic books

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/21 12:39 p.m.

This is what we call here in Brasil “strong coffee”

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
3/23/21 12:40 p.m.

This Art Nouveau style door of a house in Brussels

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/23/21 12:57 p.m.

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/23/21 2:03 p.m.

I did a thing.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/23/21 2:11 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) :

Husk, du skal dø | Art nouveau architecture, Architecture, Art nouveau  interior

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/23/21 2:12 p.m.

Gallery of The Work of Victor Horta, Art Nouveau's Esteemed Architect - 7

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/23/21 2:13 p.m.

Victor Horta: Art Nouveau Architect | Vironevaeh

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/23/21 2:15 p.m.

Now THAT is a subway station:

The Paris Metro | Soundlandscapes' Blog

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/21 2:15 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) :

the fence or the raised bed?

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/23/21 2:21 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

The raised bed. laugh We had several trees removed and the bed covers the stumps nicely. Filling it up Hügelkultur style.

3/23/21 2:30 p.m.
Duke said:

Thanks to my utter inability to remember names and faces well, I didn't realize I knew who Alan Moore was.  I posted my pic as I found it amusin.  On seeing your post I looked at his Wikipedia entry.  I'd call him cool rather than weird.  My biggest issue with him is that most people don't understand the significance of the Guy Fawkes mask in V for Vendetta etc.  These days people just see it as a cool symbol of anonymity in protest against government and power.  

Tangentialy related.

Black Swan (2010), directed by Darren Aronofsky, and starring Natalie  Portman and Mila Kunis (VIDEO)

P.S. I also noticed that the league of extraodinary gentlemen gets only 17% on squishy matos.  Sorry, it's comes under it's so bad it's good catagory so deserves better secognition than that!

3/23/21 2:31 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:
Duke said:

Thanks to my utter inability to remember names and faces well, I didn't realize I knew who Alan Moore was.  I posted my pic just because I found it amusing.  On seeing your post I looked at his Wikipedia entry.  I'd call him cool rather than weird.  My biggest issue with him is that most people don't understand the significance of the Guy Fawkes mask in V for Vendetta etc.  These days people just see it as a cool symbol of anonymity in protest against government and power.  

Tangentialy related.

Black Swan (2010), directed by Darren Aronofsky, and starring Natalie  Portman and Mila Kunis (VIDEO)

P.S. I also noticed that the league of extraodinary gentlemen gets only 17% on squishy matos.  Sorry, it's comes under it's so bad it's good catagory so deserves better secognition than that!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/23/21 2:53 p.m.

I actually like League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen - both the graphic novel series and the movie.

The thing about Alan is that he preemptively disowns all movies made of his work.  But he keeps selling the rights.  If the movies will never be good enough for you, why keep letting people make them?  He hasn't needed money for quite some time.

Watchmen: Everything From the Comic You Need to Know Before Watching |  Digital Trends

Watchmen actually overcame being made by Zack Snyder to be a pretty decent movie adaptation.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
3/23/21 7:15 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/23/21 8:00 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Perhaps he hopes that one adaptation will finally be the way he wants it.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/24/21 2:24 p.m.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
3/24/21 2:45 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/24/21 2:49 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

That could be the case.  Except that as a comics writer he is well known for thinking visually - cinematically, if you will - as well as verbally.  As he is writing he has strong ideas of and influence on how pages should be laid out, etc even though he is not the visual artist.  Surely he could arrange a similar deal when selling movie rights.

Personally I think preemptively disowning the movies is just a chickenE36 M3 move on his part to deflect potential criticism away from himself.  But as I said he's a weird dude so maybe there is more to it than that.

V For Vendetta Comic Book

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
3/24/21 3:28 p.m.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/24/21 3:58 p.m.
Duke said:

In reply to Appleseed :

That could be the case.  Except that as a comics writer he is well known for thinking visually - cinematically, if you will - as well as verbally.  As he is writing he has strong ideas of and influence on how pages should be laid out, etc even though he is not the visual artist.  Surely he could arrange a similar deal when selling movie rights.

Personally I think preemptively disowning the movies is just a chickenE36 M3 move on his part to deflect potential criticism away from himself.  But as I said he's a weird dude so maybe there is more to it than that.

V For Vendetta Comic Book

One of the best graphic novels, right beside Road to Perdition.

1 ... 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 ... 4722

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vbcIwdp5NhqNiEUijiEdDoPkkqDPiXYSnioXuLgOtXhJVonaBxFACwOjPHIE6UfM