stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
3/21/15 4:16 p.m.

I was looking through a Car & Driver magazine today, and noticed Dweezil Zappa is listed in the masthead as a contributing editor.

I also noticed one of the letters to the editor was from a person in Berkely Heights, NJ.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
3/21/15 4:18 p.m.

C&D is a publication I only read when waiting in a doctor's office.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
3/21/15 5:46 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: C&D is a publication I only read when waiting in a doctor's office.

I won't even read it then.. I would rather watch the clock move.

Gary
Gary HalfDork
3/21/15 6:10 p.m.

I let my subscription expire a year ago and they continued to send issues for six months after.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/21/15 6:54 p.m.

As in Frank's son?

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
3/21/15 6:59 p.m.

Dweezil is Moon Units brother.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/21/15 7:40 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: As in Frank's son?

Yes. He has a new album out in May, I signed up on his Pledge Music page to help support it & get an autographed copy. He sent out a sample of one of the final tracks yesterday & it's badass. It's the only track he & his dad collaborated on. I can't wait to hear the finished product!

I never knew he was a car-guy though?

JFX001
JFX001 UberDork
3/21/15 8:23 p.m.

He's been there for a few years. He is more of an eco-friendly kinda guy though.

This was in 2011, test driving the Sonata Hybrid:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pHuotKGQ7E

Clarty
Clarty New Reader
3/21/15 9:11 p.m.

I have a little over 20 years of post-David E. Car and Drivers in my cellar. Reading them makes me sad to see the arc of their decline with the retirement of each writer who made the magazine great.

Maybe I should give the current crop of writers a chance; Eddie Alterman seems pretty OK, but hell, they don't even spec manual cars for tests anymore. It's just sad.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/21/15 9:35 p.m.

That was my favorite magazine in the late 80's. It's certainly not what it once was.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
3/21/15 9:45 p.m.

Out of all the publications, I still get C&D. I used to get Automobile, but they never had deals on their subscriptions to renew (for a while) and let that lapse. Then my wife ordered C&D without my knowledge and I don't mind it. It's waaaaay better than Motor Trend.

rusty
rusty New Reader
3/21/15 10:22 p.m.

I used to read it. It became another Road and Track, that was the end for me.

EvanR
EvanR Dork
3/22/15 2:15 a.m.

I quit reading all the car mags when it became clear that everything in them was stuff I'd read online 6 weeks earlier. After that, I would read Peter Egan in R&T when I went to the drugstore. Then they put Egan's columns online, and it was all over.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/22/15 3:11 p.m.

I miss Brock

Gary
Gary HalfDork
3/22/15 3:56 p.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku:

I agree wholeheartedly! Brock Yates was among the elite top tier automotive writers of the past 50 years. More recently he had a monthly column in Vintage Motorsport. Still very interesting but not as controversial as in his Car and Driver days. Sadly, due to his illness he had to retire a few months ago.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
3/22/15 11:15 p.m.

Only read one C&D in years, and that was in the doctor's office. Same for MT, BUT - then a friend gave me an issue of MT with a test of the new Z06, and lo and behold, THREE track tests by Randy Pobst!! I may have to look at an issue now and then.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sXbOmxXLGw5cp9JNxfIjzbO2oUzrUbOKQm44w2Uy8F9azUWvUdriHPC1ib92dIbJ