1 2
03Panther
03Panther UberDork
4/13/22 6:46 p.m.

In reply to pheller :

Cool. Green has been a popular pump color a very long time. Lots of brands. Never worked on a taco, myself. And taco is one of the words used for fun one here a lot. Thanks. 

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
4/13/22 7:00 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Taco is one of the major hydronic manufacturers.  Pumps, expansion tanks, air separators, pump trim specialties and so on.  Family owned company located in Cranston Rhode Island.   ( I just ordered over $200K in pumps and accessories for a project from them. laugh)  I don’t do Revit coordination personally, our jobs are typically too small but you can download the files directly from their website. Most of the HVAC manufacturers we deal with do this for commercial equipment now.  

Edited to add and more to the topic: Recon you have amazing welding skills, don’t discount the skilled trades.  Our organization has a helmets to hard hats program for veterans, you’d be a valuable asset on a job.  

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
4/13/22 7:50 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Thank you. 

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
4/13/22 8:08 p.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

PM sent!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/13/22 8:32 p.m.

The family that owns Taco Pump is awesome.  JHW is a really great guy.  I worked for a company that was the Michigan rep.  Really a fun business.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/13/22 8:34 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

If you bought from E-Swan that's another group of awesome people.  

procainestart
procainestart Dork
4/13/22 10:08 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

In reply to 03Panther :

My mental health is suffering quite badly from the stress.

I've worked in consulting (civil and environmental engineering, landscape architecture) for 20+ years. When you work with engineers who suck at project management or promise deliverables to clients without bothering to ask you whether you have bandwidth to meet their promise, then the stress level can be extremely high. Our CAD, data analysis, and technical editing staff are constantly scrambling to get stuff out the door at the last minute because of E36 M3ty PMs. REVIT looks cool, and it sounds like a good path, but when it's time to find a job, make sure you work for a firm that values good project management, insisting on well-planned work that respects the team's time/roles/desire to do good work. Firms that don't care about PM can often do well, but at the expense of support staff who are nearly always in a huge rush, nearly always producing work that is just good enough to kick out the door.

GeddesB
GeddesB GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/13/22 10:51 p.m.

Like 03Panther, I'm a controls guy too.  Been at it for decades.  There is a serious lack of qualified people in the field.  A maintenance background is a huge help.  The transition could be pretty quick if training is available locally. 

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
4/14/22 7:35 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I did indeed!  One of the best reps in NE, they were a big part of the process coming out to the site to assist with selections for replacing existing equipment.   Do you sell them flexible connectors?  If so I've bought plenty of your product over the years.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d2cFyzbi765pce5MgFiOdARzXSLyz1JafOhd4ACqwQIvsCOcNO5RBRMsE90i470G