1 2
03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
1/6/24 10:16 p.m.

In reply to MrJoshua :

I hope, for our sake, it works out as too nice a dd for Mrs Panther, to make it to any challenge fun, for at least several years! If it does get handed off to me, well, it'll be fun!!!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
1/6/24 10:20 p.m.
dyintorace said:

It's a wagon - want to put a LS and transmission in the back and bring it further south for me? Pretty please??

Not sure who is gonna pick up the second half, but it's headed south as we speak... so to speak!

and no, this a station wagon; your thinkin' them big ol' SUVs surprise

The package looks great sitting in the truck!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
1/7/24 11:41 a.m.

The "gas station" picture. Well diesel pump, but it counts!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/7/24 11:43 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Looking good.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
4/23/24 8:49 p.m.

My wife is still stuck driving the Sunday Car as her DD, as I've needed the Audi for 2 traveling jobs now. Fortunately, the "deferred maintenance " needed on the Roadmaster, has not gotten any worse (only matter of time, but so far...)

The deferred maintenance on the F350 and the 03 Merc. did jump up and bite us, so the Audi is our MOST trustworthy, at the moment!

By running the high octane, and some non ethanol high octane, I've driven it aggressively, and it's amazing. Would take a much better driver than me to find it's limits safely, and drive it in that edge. 
With the good gas, and driving sensibly, I've gotten 23 mpg on hwy/country driving! Quite happy with that. 
For similar driving the last few weeks, I have switched to 87 regular (gasohol) and the only negative seems to be the slight reduction (and expected) in mpg. Just like in the Merc, less than half the cost of the price of the higher octane. 

If it was a low mileage , newer car, I might not have experimented with reg fuel (as it's not recommended) but it doing ok, for a DD. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W3BjIC7Wo044E35XjCBZ0pIn5J56grGNZpbmInNLtKVwVmMzSHay5xEzKYoIoDCV