1 2
SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/25/09 9:50 a.m.

So all my kids got Snuggies, and they were a big hit. Each got one with their favorite team name or interest. They were all really excited.

I don't get it.

Seems to me, Snuggies are just for people who haven't figured out how to operate a blanket. Huh??

You should have seen my 5 year old (who is perfectly capable of advanced blanket operation) trying to figure out how to use it. They are really quite confusing to a little person who is not even as big as the sleeves.

Then once she got inserted into it, she kept tripping on it while she tried to walk around the room.

Yes, it was child sized. No, she is not pedestrianically challenged.

I kept picturing my sweet little princess hemoraging in the emergency room on Christmas day after cracking her head open on the coffee table when she tripped on the darned thing.

I can see it now, "Child injured after violent encounter with Snuggie". Oh, the shame.

I didn't quite get the finger skateboards or the techno-lingo my 2 older kids were bantering back and forth about either. And what the heck is a "rain chain"??

Getting old is tough.

Merry Christmas, all you old farts!

mtn
mtn SuperDork
12/25/09 9:55 a.m.

Its a backwards robe. And a credit to good (lousy on purpose to be good?) marketing.

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
12/25/09 9:59 a.m.

Apparently my mother-in-law got one for my son. I'll let you know tomorrow if he is snuggily-challenged.

Jury is out on them for me.. looking like a Druid with a hospital gown back...in the colors of the rainbow.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/25/09 10:00 a.m.

My mother in law got one for her boston terrier. If the dog kills her in her sleep I can't blame it.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/25/09 10:03 a.m.

I got one, and I like it. Yes, I'm a little disappointed in myself, but still... it's warm. I like warm.

Margie

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/25/09 10:07 a.m.

Luv ya' Margie!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/25/09 10:38 a.m.

Margie.. you live in one of the warmest states in the country.. how much warmer can you get?

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/25/09 10:52 a.m.

I have friend who makes rain-chains. Basically they're a decorative alterative to the common downspout. His are made from hand-formed copper links & "bells" that the rain flows across from the gutter to the ground.

wbjones
wbjones HalfDork
12/25/09 10:54 a.m.
petegossett wrote: I have friend who makes rain-chains. Basically they're a decorative alterative to the common downspout. His are made from hand-formed copper links & "bells" that the rain flows across from the gutter to the ground.

pics ?

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/25/09 11:55 a.m.

Kids are happy. What was your question?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
12/25/09 12:29 p.m.

My MIL bought these weird things for all the women in the family, they all thought these backward dressing gowns were wonderful, to me it just appears their heads have been reversed.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/25/09 12:48 p.m.
petegossett wrote: I have friend who makes rain-chains. Basically they're a decorative alterative to the common downspout. His are made from hand-formed copper links & "bells" that the rain flows across from the gutter to the ground.

Umm... yeah, but I live in the deep South. There isn't a house with gutters or downspouts within a hundred miles of here.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/25/09 1:17 p.m.

Really? I guess I never noticed the times I've been south.

I need to get some pics. I've actually been bugging him to make a couple I can hang for-sale in my shop.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/25/09 1:21 p.m.

Yeah, they are not very important in an area where most houses are single story with low pitched roofs, have no basements and are built on slabs. Besides, lots of pine trees means they are really just a maintenance headache.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/25/09 1:29 p.m.

I have pinetrees that overhang my place. I love going up onto the roof to clean out the gutters

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/25/09 3:41 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: Margie.. you live in one of the warmest states in the country.. how much warmer can you get?

I TOLD you... I like warm. :-)

Margie

orphancars
orphancars New Reader
12/25/09 6:38 p.m.
MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
12/25/09 9:46 p.m.

I have the more traditional alternative, the Giant Cheap Sweatshirt. As a bonus, it has a back to it, and it doesn't render one into a cult member. I am slightly more comfortable wearing it in public, and by in public, I mean Wal-Mart.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro HalfDork
12/25/09 11:18 p.m.

When will you be passing out the kool-aid so they can achieve transcendance before the spaceship comes?

Shawn

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Reader
12/26/09 1:33 a.m.

Mom got one. It's about a lame as you can imagine.

924guy
924guy Dork
12/26/09 5:27 a.m.

these were given out in my family as well, they make every one who wear them look like a monk, which in some cases is quite a stretch and that alone is worth the price of admission.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/26/09 8:42 a.m.
orphancars wrote: The real truth about Snuggies

That's a riot!

sachilles
sachilles HalfDork
12/26/09 10:07 a.m.

We had similar things when I was a kid. They were called snug-sacks. Same idea, but instead of fleece it was a like a traditional comforter. They had snaps, so you could make the sleeves, or leave it un snapped and have it as a traditional blanket.

Definitely a marketing success story. I think they look like something a cult would wear.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
12/26/09 10:15 a.m.
sachilles wrote: We had similar things when I was a kid. They were called snug-sacks. Same idea, but instead of fleece it was a like a traditional comforter. They had snaps, so you could make the sleeves, or leave it un snapped and have it as a traditional blanket.

Huh, I have one of those. Its really cool, except that its really old and kinda stained and smelly.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/26/09 11:10 a.m.

THAT was a bit TMI.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PBM1LGToMXhs2Lr9xuhsgScmDLtl9iwUYDzNa6jCjLJ0HyVW4Pt58NTMHvv6owOp