1 2
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/22 6:37 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:

I've only been to Cleveland a few times and mainly to go to Ray's Indoor Mtn Bike Park. 

Holy Crap!!! I've never heard of that before. I can't believe that this place even exists!

https://youtu.be/uqCioZvswx4

I grew up a few blocks from there.

It is nuts.

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/26/22 8:01 p.m.
TJL (Forum Supporter) said:

Skyline chili? 

Wrong border. That is a Cincy abomination smiley

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/26/22 8:13 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Cleveland had one east side, one west side and one Akron-ish.  I think the west side went belly up during covid.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/26/22 8:24 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I know.  I have a family member who loves the stuff for whatever reason.  IIRC the west side location was at Ridge Park Square.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/22 5:52 a.m.

I'm sorry I missed this. There's some seafood places along the lake that offer the bounty of the lake in a steam pot called a Cleveland Steamer. I forget the names of the best places, but you can ask some of the locals where the best spot to get a decent Cleveland Steamer is and they'll be able to direct you where to go. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/27/22 6:01 a.m.
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm sorry I missed this. There's some seafood places along the lake that offer the bounty of the lake in a steam pot called a Cleveland Steamer. I forget the names of the best places, but you can ask some of the locals where the best spot to get a decent Cleveland Steamer is and they'll be able to direct you where to go. 

LOL

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/27/22 6:37 a.m.

I don't know what it's called, but I was in Cleveland years ago for Springsteen and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Everyone was eating these amazing looking sandwiches with french fries on them I did not get one. Regretted it ever since. Get one of those.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/22 8:54 a.m.
dculberson said:

My only experience with Melt was not positive. The atmosphere was terrible, basically a huge open room with tables and chairs lined up like a cafeteria. The portions were large, but the food was kind of gross. My nephew called it "postmodern food," which i thought was kind of funny. He also did not have good things to say about it.

I wish I could make some good suggestions for you but I'm drawing a blank on Cleveland food!

Melt sucks, legitimately don't understand why it's such a thing because I am a lifelong cleveland person and it just blows. 

I'm cheap diner food guy so George's Kitchen is my jam. ABC the Tavern in ohio city has probably the best bar food around and my buddy Dave cooks there. 

berkeley Pittsburgh and thier soggy french fry sandwiches. Primanti's is horrible. 

Patrick
5/27/22 8:55 a.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Cleveland had one east side, one west side and one Akron-ish.  I think the west side went belly up during covid.  

For the best. Diarrhea and a pile of cheese on spaghetti should be a punishment not a dinner. 

Patrick
5/27/22 8:57 a.m.
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) said:

I don't know what it's called, but I was in Cleveland years ago for Springsteen and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Everyone was eating these amazing looking sandwiches with french fries on them I did not get one. Regretted it ever since. Get one of those.

Polish boy?  Polish sausage with bbq sauce, cole slaw, and fries on top with more bbq sauce.  If I were to direct anyone to a Cleveland food it would be go eat a Polish Boy at B&M bbq. Get a side of fried chicken with it, and gorge yourself on some great food then feel horrible about yourself afterward 

collinskl1
collinskl1 GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/27/22 11:12 a.m.

Most of my favorite CLE restaurants are in "Ohio City".

Astoria - Mediterranean is probably the best way to describe it

Soho chicken and whiskey - fried chicken

Il Rione - pizza

Brewnuts - donuts and beer

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/27/22 6:14 p.m.
Patrick said:
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) said:

Polish boy?  Polish sausage with bbq sauce, cole slaw, and fries on top with more bbq sauce.  If I were to direct anyone to a Cleveland food it would be go eat a Polish Boy at B&M bbq. Get a side of fried chicken with it, and gorge yourself on some great food then feel horrible about yourself afterward 

That all sounds like exactly what I was talking about. 

Funny thing about regret...it's better to regret something you have dine than it is to regret something you haven't done.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
5/27/22 6:15 p.m.

Did we confirm that Steve did in fact have dinner last night? 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
5/27/22 6:51 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

Did we confirm that Steve did in fact have dinner last night? 

Late lunch at The Grape Leaf, got in too late for dinner. Figured I'd update when back, stopped at a buddy's place in Pittsburgh, so not home yet. 
Buddy's place is 

Spill the wine bar

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FmPnnbjtTgSswZacfUJUPIyCEKrw8hDa04xGug4UE8Gr7AxHTOP1qQyzQ2xVlSYw