1 2 3 4
Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
5/4/14 1:59 a.m.

Coke if its the Mexican kind in a glass bottle, otherwise dr pepper, wild cherry Pepsi or throwback Pepsi. Not tropical Pepsi, holiday spiced Pepsi, or the worst was cherry flavored sierra mist. That was disgusting.

Type Q
Type Q Dork
5/5/14 12:33 a.m.

I rarely drink either. One of my nephews worked at wholesaler for flavorings and food additives. When he saw what was being shipped to make Pepsi, he stopped drinking it.

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo Reader
5/5/14 1:55 a.m.

coke employee here. coke all the way. the brand share is about 55% coke, 43% pepsi, 2% all else. the numbers are in your favor for coke.

-J0N

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
5/5/14 6:07 a.m.

cherry coke …. thank you ( and NOT Coke Zero … that's got to be some of the nastiest drink ever invented )

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
5/5/14 8:40 a.m.

Royal Cola unless it is Mexican Coke Cola.

Also Mexican coke plus Kilo Kai Rum makes the best berkeleying rum and coke EVAR!

1kris06
1kris06 New Reader
5/5/14 9:03 a.m.
Type Q wrote: I rarely drink either. One of my nephews worked at wholesaler for flavorings and food additives. When he saw what was being shipped to make Pepsi, he stopped drinking it.

Care to share?

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
5/5/14 9:20 a.m.
1kris06 wrote:
Type Q wrote: I rarely drink either. One of my nephews worked at wholesaler for flavorings and food additives. When he saw what was being shipped to make Pepsi, he stopped drinking it.
Care to share?

. Sample:

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/article/5597331.

Having worked at Coke for 9 years, I assure you, all of 'em will kill you if drank in excess and clearly, too many people drink 'em in excess.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/14 10:39 a.m.

I have two co-workers who start the day (at 5am) with a coke and can finish off a 12 pack by the time they go home. How they still have stomachs and not have diabetes is beyond me

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/5/14 10:53 a.m.
Travis_K wrote: Coke if its the Mexican kind in a glass bottle, otherwise dr pepper, wild cherry Pepsi or throwback Pepsi. Not tropical Pepsi, holiday spiced Pepsi, or the worst was cherry flavored sierra mist. That was disgusting.

That reminds me...

Best Pepsi ever:

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/5/14 11:40 a.m.

Coke, Pepsi is too sweet for me but I don't drink soda very often anymore. My only soda weakness is Squirt. I am glad it is not easy to find it in 20oz bottles.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/5/14 12:33 p.m.

cdowd
cdowd Reader
5/5/14 1:16 p.m.

Coke for me. Prefer mexican coke, but still coke.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UltraDork
5/5/14 1:36 p.m.

I'm the proverbial coke addict (haha). I can't get enough of it, but luckily I have some form of self restraint so I only have one or two a week. But as far as I am concerned, it's the nectar of the gods. :D

Pepsi tastes like monkey shiny happy person. I avoid franchises that have it.

racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
5/5/14 1:53 p.m.

Um, Coke is the elixir of life...Pepsi is swill drank by people that eat kittens!

racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
5/5/14 1:54 p.m.

and in reply to David Wallens...cheeseburger, cheeseburger.....

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/5/14 1:57 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Royal Cola unless it is Mexican Coke Cola. Also Mexican coke plus Kilo Kai Rum makes the best berkeleying rum and coke EVAR!

I submit the variant of Cherry Coke and Captain Morgan Sherry Oak as a contender.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
5/5/14 2:06 p.m.

Coke is the Harley Davidson of cola.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
5/5/14 7:23 p.m.

There are two times I will drink a cola. In a taqueria when the bottled Mexi stuff is available and if I am in one of those fast food joints with the touchscreen soda fountains by Pininfarina.

The Mexi coke is so smooth and caramely where the other stuff is too sharp and acidic. I went about 20 years without tasting a cola and the mexican stuff was my first. I was shocked when I bought a bottle of the regular stuff at a vending machine and poured it out.

The touchscreen machines give me the option of mixing up a orange/vanilla coke and that is pretty tasty.

And if you can find it

Tastes like "bottle caps" candy did in the early 80's. Crazy good.

Klayfish
Klayfish SuperDork
5/6/14 9:10 a.m.

Coke, hands down. I won't touch Pepsi. I'm a rare bird, but I drink caffiene free diet Coke...the stuff in the gold cans.

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
5/6/14 9:35 a.m.

You know what the deal with the mexican coke is, back about 85 or so when they got rid of regular coke and introduced "NEW" coke, they never stopped producing the regular old coke for mexico. when they brought out coke classic they tweaked the recipe so it would be different and new but similar to the old coke. The coke from mexico is still to this day the regular old coke before they started playing with the recipes in the 80s

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
5/6/14 10:04 a.m.

The reason for New Coke was to eliminate cane sugar, the most expensive ingredient.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
5/6/14 10:21 a.m.

You can also find Kosher Coke on occasion, it also uses cane sugar.

Klayfish wrote: Coke, hands down. I won't touch Pepsi. I'm a rare bird, but I drink caffiene free diet Coke...the stuff in the gold cans.

That's what I generally drink as well.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
5/6/14 10:54 a.m.

I'm drinking a Coke with lunch now. Don't care for Pepsi. Also have some of the Mexican Coke in the glass bottles in the fridge here at the shop.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
5/6/14 11:20 a.m.

Diet Coke...Dr.Pepper will do in a pinch when the restaurant is vile enough to serve only Pepsi products.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/6/14 2:40 p.m.

I found this recently:

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tMdm7u6DcCcPkCbf4jplwtrIzhDYWcMR65vIYHkIBTZXzMsENtsQjkeBgnogRAsE