1 2 3 4
Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
3/18/13 8:23 a.m.

for me, I wish this had made production.

Edit: This was the Ford 49 Concept

mtn
mtn PowerDork
3/18/13 8:28 a.m.

What is that, because I agree.

My two contributions are the Dodge Razor, and the Buick Blackhawk; the latter never had a snowballs chance to make it into production, but still probably the prettiest concept car in the last 40-50 years.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
3/18/13 8:49 a.m.

The Chrysler Imperial

Chrysler ME Four-Twelve

The Jeep J-12

The Ford Interceptor

The Chevy Code 130R

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/13 8:51 a.m.

I find the 49 and the Razor to be ugly in my opinion.. the Buick looks like something a highend hotrodder would build.. very nice.

The 49 lacks the proportions to make it pretty.. and we know it would have wound up just like the thunderbird.. overweight, underpowered, and way over priced while being undernegineered.

the Razor.. should have been painted green and called the Frog.. because that is what I see when I look at the front of it.. a Frog

Edit due to new photos

The Imperial looks decent.. for something 300 based.. never one of my favourite cars.

the ME looks bad assed.. that would have raised a few bushy eyebrows in Italy

the J12 is a bit too slavish to the original.. but looks better than the cartoony Toyota that is currently running about

the Interceptor.. that should be a lincoln

the 130R.. GM needs to build that.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
3/18/13 8:52 a.m.

I wish Volvo had the guts to build something like the 2001 Safety concept

Oh, wait, what's in my garage?

slefain
slefain UltraDork
3/18/13 8:59 a.m.

They didn't have the guts to build it as shown, with this under the hood:

mtn
mtn PowerDork
3/18/13 9:05 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: I find the 49 and the Razor to be ugly in my opinion...

Don't get me wrong, it isn't for the looks. While I like them, it doesn't blow me away. It is everything else about the car.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
3/18/13 9:07 a.m.
slefain wrote: They didn't have the guts to build it as shown, with this under the hood:

But at least buiding your own is almost a plug in and play proposition.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/18/13 9:08 a.m.

The next gen Camaro will look quite a bit like the 130R....

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
3/18/13 9:17 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADPWhmND8jo

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
3/18/13 9:19 a.m.

I'm really surprised that this isn't in production yet.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
3/18/13 9:20 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: *Edit due to new photos* The Imperial looks decent.. for something 300 based.. never one of my favourite cars. the ME looks bad assed.. that would have raised a few bushy eyebrows in Italy the J12 is a bit too slavish to the original.. but looks better than the cartoony Toyota that is currently running about the Interceptor.. that should be a lincoln the 130R.. GM needs to build that.

Unfortunately the Imperial and ME were created under the reign of Daimler and they would have never been built but, the company could have really used both of them.

If Jeep build a truck with those lines, I would be putting a down payment down ASAP.

The Interceptor should have been built as a Lincoln I agree, but it could have kept the RWD platform alive at least.

A turbocharged, 4-cylinder, 6-speed, RWD coupe? Who here wouldn't want something like that?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/18/13 9:31 a.m.

Based on the Solstace platform. Pretty much the ideal car for me.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/13 9:34 a.m.

I have no idea why Jeep hasn't built a pickup in a long time. They've even got the tooling. Maybe Mama Dodge doesn't want the baby Dodge pickup to get beat up.

Then again, Jeep's the same company that took 60 years to figure out what Land Rover was doing with the 110, and that maybe it would be a good idea.

We were talking about this in the hotlink thread - but I wish the Ibuki had made it.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/13 9:41 a.m.

While ugly.. and I can already hear the howls of indignation from the jeep "faithful" about seeing something like this on the trails.. the old Jeepster Concept was interesting.

And I do agree that jeep needs a small truck. They already make a 4 door.. should be easy enough to fill in the rear two doors and develop a bed

fanfoy
fanfoy Reader
3/18/13 9:45 a.m.

This one made quite an impression on me. Of course, even if they made it, I wouldn't have been able to afford it.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/18/13 9:48 a.m.
fanfoy wrote: This one made quite an impression on me. Of course, even if they made it, I wouldn't have been able to afford it.

I was going to post that one.

Also

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
3/18/13 9:51 a.m.

I wish they had made the 2005 Mustang closer to the original concept.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
3/18/13 9:52 a.m.

And as already stated, this. If they produced this I would have bought it in a heartbeat, and I don't generally buy new vehicles.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/18/13 9:53 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: I wish Volvo had the guts to build something like the 2001 Safety concept

Volvo actually got rid the triangulated A-pillars because people said they felt less safe with them. They were stronger than the traditional solid A-pillars but they felt less safe.

Visibility feels unsafe to the average driver, that's why a lot of new cars have terrible visibility, it's intentionally sabotaged to make the car "feel safer." Better to crash into things you can't see I guess.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/18/13 9:54 a.m.

This spectacular 1985 Buick Wildcat concept car incorporated four-wheel drive and a McLaren engine based on Buick's 3.8-liter V-6 block, mounted just behind the seats. The engine has 24 valves, dual overhead camshafts and field-programmable sequential-port fuel injection. Unlike other Buick dream cars, this one emphasized the engine. The top of the powerplant is visible through an opening in the rear deck. Besides an unusual aerodynamic design, the latter-day Wildcat features technical and design breakthroughs in joining the transparent and solid portions of the body. It has no traditional doors. As the canopy is raised, the steering wheel tilts forward for ease of entry. The body structure is composite carbon fiber and glass.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
3/18/13 9:55 a.m.

I can't find a picture of it, but I was at Ford about 2 years before the intro of the last Probe, and saw a prototype that was freakin' awesome. This thing looked like a Ferrari! I was sure I would buy one when they came out. The production car does resemble the proto to some extent, but is much less exciting. I looked at them when they came out, but bought a CRX si instead.

scardeal
scardeal Dork
3/18/13 9:57 a.m.

Still wish they made the Dodge M4S

Keith Tanner
3/18/13 10:03 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: And as already stated, this. If they produced this I would have bought it in a heartbeat, and I don't generally buy new vehicles.

Ugh, that's an ugly thing. It's basically the Jeep pickup we're talking about but with the front end from some old truck pasted on the end to try to boost sales amongst the "things used to be better!" contingent.

You guys sure are leaning towards the retro end of the scale. Must be the cranky old man contingent of the forum.

Much better looking - the JT concept.

Keith Tanner
3/18/13 10:07 a.m.

Another "wish they'd made it": Jaguar C-X75. Not because of the looks (although it's hard to complain about those) but because of the tech. Microturbine electric generators!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DmPMIgolEF2v0ePogd2b4VrZDZkkqgGSyi5s8Qcu6bHfxjdeHcYLe5OysfLwdxeZ