1 2 3 4
Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/18/13 10:09 a.m.

When I was a kid I was looking forward to a future of sweet wedge shaped cars with big glass canopies. The only thing we got from that was the awful choice of everything being silver of beige.

Atleast Pontiac tried though somewhere they drifted a bit off course

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
3/18/13 10:14 a.m.

Thats not bad either, but I still prefer the gladiator. I guess the real question is why isn't Jeep building a small truck, since there is clearly interest from the public, and they already have most of the parts?

Keith Tanner wrote:
bravenrace wrote: And as already stated, this. If they produced this I would have bought it in a heartbeat, and I don't generally buy new vehicles.
Ugh, that's an ugly thing. It's basically the Jeep pickup we're talking about but with the front end from some old truck pasted on the end to try to boost sales amongst the "things used to be better!" contingent. You guys sure are leaning towards the retro end of the scale. Must be the cranky old man contingent of the forum. Much better looking - the JT concept.
Matt B
Matt B Dork
3/18/13 10:16 a.m.

I was pretty bummed when Honda scrapped the supposedly almost-production-ready HSV. At least they made a pretty wicked-looking race car out of it.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
3/18/13 10:16 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
fanfoy wrote: This one made quite an impression on me. Of course, even if they made it, I wouldn't have been able to afford it.
I was going to post that one. Also

Cadillac if you are listening, build the Ciel. I will buy it, along with all my other classic Cadillac buddies, trust me we have the cash.

That is all.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/18/13 10:23 a.m.

A duo from my adolescence:

1996 Ford Indigo Concept

1995 GT90 Concept

Not that I could afford them haha...

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
3/18/13 10:26 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
bravenrace wrote: And as already stated, this. If they produced this I would have bought it in a heartbeat, and I don't generally buy new vehicles.
Ugh, that's an ugly thing. It's basically the Jeep pickup we're talking about but with the front end from some old truck pasted on the end to try to boost sales amongst the "things used to be better!" contingent. You guys sure are leaning towards the retro end of the scale. Must be the cranky old man contingent of the forum. Much better looking - the JT concept.

It's okay, you are allowed to have bad taste.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/18/13 10:28 a.m.

The Nissan Gobi

mtn
mtn PowerDork
3/18/13 10:37 a.m.

Keith, I completely agree with you. The grill on that first one looks really cheesey on the application; even on the original I wasn't a big fan.

I do want a Jeep pickup (I search for a Comanche or Scrambler about 10 times a year, which is saying something since I don't like Jeeps), but give me this one:

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
3/18/13 10:46 a.m.

oh wait, what is this thread about?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
3/18/13 10:49 a.m.

I really liked this one too

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
3/18/13 10:56 a.m.

Lincoln desperately needs to do something new. This would be a good start. I'll take mine as a luxo EV, thank you. (IDK if Lincoln has any plans for EVs, but I think a large luxury car wohld be a good place to use that tech).

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
3/18/13 11:03 a.m.

99 Charger. Its a 4 door that's not a 4 door. Not that abomination they make now.

slefain
slefain UltraDork
3/18/13 11:13 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: 99 Charger. Its a 4 door that's not a 4 door. Not that abomination they make now.

I remembered seeing that and thinking it was awesome, then they crapped out the production version years later. I was disappoint.

Dear Lincoln - Build this with a boosted six or a V8 and I will like you again:

PHeller
PHeller UltraDork
3/18/13 11:34 a.m.

Any small diesel pickup that has been proposed but ultimately sold else-where.

11110000 Reader
3/18/13 11:39 a.m.

Volvo Viking Concept (early 70's):

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
3/18/13 11:45 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote:
It's okay, you are allowed to have bad taste.

if Jeep comes out that J12, I'm buying one. If Jeep comes out with the Gladiator, I'm buying one. If Jeep comes out with that one on the bottom with an extended cab, I'm buying one.

I want a Jeep pickup dammit!!!

PHeller
PHeller UltraDork
3/18/13 11:53 a.m.

Imagine a Ram based Jeep truck with an optional Cummins.

It'd be like the sub-prime loan crisis all over again.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/18/13 11:55 a.m.

'05 Miura Concept.....this really needs to be in production. Its beautiful.

Ford GT1X

I also like the Ford FortyNine as well, I like the clean look of it, even if the proportions aren't entirely correct.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
3/18/13 11:59 a.m.

I don't have photos available, so someone of the other Corvair faithful please post pics of the Monza GT and SS - perhaps the most influential GM concept cars from a styling standpoint.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
3/18/13 12:01 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

Yeah, no. Damn thing looks like a tarted up avenger. No thanks.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
3/18/13 12:04 p.m.
stanger_missle wrote: A duo from my adolescence: 1996 Ford Indigo Concept Not that I could afford them haha...

I liked this one better, but just because it was a real driver and just a sit still show car. But it understeered terribly.

(and as much as I'm biased that I like the Indigo, the GT90 was cooler)

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/13 12:07 p.m.
yamaha wrote: '05 Miura Concept.....this really needs to be in production. Its beautiful. Ford GT1X I also like the Ford FortyNine as well, I like the clean look of it, even if the proportions aren't entirely correct.

Both of those are only beautiful because they're trying to look like beautiful cars from the past. Don't recreate the old Muira, create the new one.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
3/18/13 12:23 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Both of those are only beautiful because they're trying to look like beautiful cars from the past. Don't recreate the old Muira, create the new one.

So a cheese wedge with a bull on it.

The old Miura is better looking than anything Lambo has put out since.... well, since the Miura.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
3/18/13 12:39 p.m.

I wish Honda would build this current concept--the Gear

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/18/13 12:42 p.m.
Grizz wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: Both of those are only beautiful because they're trying to look like beautiful cars from the past. Don't recreate the old Muira, create the new one.
So a cheese wedge with a bull on it. The old Miura is better looking than anything Lambo has put out since.... well, since the Miura.

Sad but true.....I love the looks of the Sesto Elemento, but by god are they all a bit garish and way over the top. IIRC, the Miura concept had Gallardo underpinnings. I still like its styling a bit better than their current offerings....

Keith, even though I'm younger, I am old fashioned by most standards.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
45SzyQxahaRoYzWuqOEXE77gCDohnJLVesg8wGGuzE6b5ysJCvWLoWOJACYlqZ91