1 2 3 4
DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
11/13/09 2:37 p.m.

I haven't owned too many cars. Three F-bodies, a Honda Fit, and now a Mustang. I'm gonna go out there and say my Mustang is prolly the coolest of them all, being supercharged and all, and comfortable, etc. Plus it look wicked. Like the hot spots on the brakes? I dont know what they are from

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
11/13/09 5:24 p.m.

Still miss this damn thing, nothing like hearing the secondaries open at 4000rpm. And the total vanilla-ness of it was great. Sucked me dry financially though. One of these days I'll pick up another one.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
11/13/09 5:53 p.m.

Coolest car eh? Hmmm.

I guess that might have been my 56 Studebaker Power Hawk. That car was pretty durn cool.

I don't have any pictures of mine, but this is what they looked like. Mine was pure black, with rust accents.

4eyes
4eyes Reader
11/13/09 6:23 p.m.

Daily driver: 1980 RX-7, off road: first generation Bronco, my favorite that fit my personality: 1965 Mustang fastback, lowered, flared, Mayer Racing front, global west A-arms, export braced and monte carlo bar, with built 289. First gen cars seem the most committed and least watered down.

kabel
kabel Dork
11/13/09 7:19 p.m.

easy for me to answer, one of my current cars.

1999 BMW M Coupe:

M2Pilot
M2Pilot New Reader
11/13/09 9:50 p.m.

Certainly not my 1st car, a 1960 Renault Dauphine.

footinmouth
footinmouth GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/14/09 6:26 a.m.

Kabel - Very nice!!!

motomoron
motomoron Reader
11/14/09 9:55 p.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/1178/

The '98 M3 track rat is a nice hooptie also.

The supercharged 2002 Civic Si hatch was cool, as was the '80 Civic 1300DX (in 1980) as well as the '84 Civic S, '88 and '90 Si-s, and the odd car out, an '83 VW GTI.

Even my plain white no-stickers short-cab 3.9V6 '99 Dakota was kind of cool.

First car ever? 1973 Volvo 164.

I reckon I've been lucky enough to have had the abilty to mesh "cool" and "cheap" for my 33 years of driving.

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt Reader
11/14/09 10:16 p.m.
Woody wrote: The vehicle that I enjoyed the most (surprisingly) was my 97 Jeep Wrangler. It was a fairly horrible mode of transportation. Noisy, bouncy and something broke or failed every week.

I don't assume that you were abusing it in one way or another, but the only things that should break on a Jeep of that vintage are little plasticky bits and trim. Major mechanical things shouldn't be, not that you specified what type of things broke. If it's the latter, I'd say you were the exception rather than the rule. I haven't heard anything specifically about 97s in my experience with Jeeps, but it's possible that it had teething issues from the changeover ('96 Cherokee, anyone?) In my experience, I've put 80k miles on my '99 in the last 5 years and the only thing that's failed on me is the radiator (not uncommon with the 4.0L). Other than that, it's never failed me. Every week (or even close to that) is really too often for any car, especially a TJ.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
11/15/09 2:08 a.m.
kabel wrote: easy for me to answer, one of my current cars. 1999 BMW M Coupe:

nothing torwards you or any other owner because they are cool cars, but they've always reminded me of the Ambiguously Gay Duo car for some reason. I'm not the only one, lots of friends agree, but cool cars nonetheless.

deveous9
deveous9 New Reader
11/15/09 2:38 a.m.

Best SUV ever

1993 GMC Typhoon AWD Turbo

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
11/15/09 5:12 a.m.
foxtrapper wrote: Coolest car eh? Hmmm. I guess that might have been my 56 Studebaker Power Hawk. That car was pretty durn cool. I don't have any pictures of mine, but this is what they looked like. Mine was pure black, with rust accents.

The winner so far. That is MAJOR cool.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/15/09 9:02 a.m.

1 - 54 belair

2 caddy - 1978 deville that i picked up for $99.50 with 78k original miles(barn find). installed 96 impala SS 3.08 posi disc brake rear, sway bars, springs(dropped car 2"), aluminum driveshaft, and mustang bullitt wheels.

3 the 91 vette

4 the 72 chevelle

5 the 80 camaro that i had to sell in parts to pay for groceries when my parents and i lost our jobs all in the same week when i was younger

6 the McLaren turbo grand prix that i 5 speed swapped

7 the 40 chevy pickup

8 the LSx astro i'm building right now(i wasnt supposed to say anything about that)

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/15/09 9:18 a.m.
JeepinMatt wrote:
Woody wrote: The vehicle that I enjoyed the most (surprisingly) was my 97 Jeep Wrangler. It was a fairly horrible mode of transportation. Noisy, bouncy and something broke or failed every week.
I don't assume that you were abusing it in one way or another, but the only things that should break on a Jeep of that vintage are little plasticky bits and trim. Major mechanical things shouldn't be, not that you specified what type of things broke.

Okay, so maybe "weekly" was an exaggeration. Most of the issues were electrical, except this (and I bought it that way):

TCase11

Nonetheless, I love Jeeps, especially TJ's, and I'll buy another. This one was pretty well worn out when I bought it.

ValuePack
ValuePack HalfDork
11/15/09 10:35 a.m.

I'm 26 and have owned around 10 cars, half or so of which were Subarus. The two best(coolest?) were my baby blue '91 Civic RT-4WD wagon(attracted girls!) for it's on/off road capability, and my '98 Tercel, an absolute joy on tarmac in stock form with just wide, sticky meats. I miss both on a near daily basis.

PHeller
PHeller HalfDork
11/15/09 11:12 a.m.

Current car 1989 240SX Coupe.

Other cars have character but character doesn't beat lightweight RWD.

The 80' CJ7 is a close second.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
11/15/09 11:47 p.m.

Most people would say that my '70 mustang is the coolest that I've owned but I dissagree. I have to split the coolest honors between the '70 1/2 falcon 2dr sedan and the '78 datsun 620 pick up. I hope to some day find rust free examples of both to kep as permanent members of my collection. I've had lots of different SAABs over the years, and a few of them had some good coolness, but there is just something uber cool about seventies datsuns and obscure ford falcon models to me. I'm glad that there is a place like GRM that doesn't find that wierd at all

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/16/09 3:02 p.m.
NYG95GA wrote:
wbjones wrote: imagine a 19 yr old sailor with a bright yellow '64 E coupe... driving around Norfolk in the late 60's / early 70's
Get lucky much?

no luck required with the deck stacked like that! it was a perfect storm!

bam2002
bam2002 Reader
11/17/09 7:03 a.m.

Yep in the USA. But lived in europe for 5 years in the 70s ( Army Brat). So I like the cars I saw over there. I have had Peugeots. Still have a SAAB EMS and of course the Citroens. I drove a Citroen SM as a daily driver about 8 years ago. When it hit 200k miles the engine was really tired and I sold it.

MiatarPowar wrote:
bam2002 wrote: I still have them A Citroen DS 21 and a Baur BMW 1600
Are you in the US? I've been reading way too much about DS' lately. Most people seemed to love the 1972 95 that I drove every day for a few months. I think they just liked the crazy (poorly done) paint scheme and the tailfins. My '72 95
Ian F
Ian F HalfDork
11/17/09 7:22 a.m.

As most of my cars have either been boringly practical or 4x4 trucks, my "coolest car" is pretty much the only "cool car" I've ever owned: the '78 Spit 6 I had for a little over a year. The only car I've had that made drunk women hang out of car windows at stop lights and ask if I was married...

A distant second would be the '98 A4 Avant 2.8q I had for about 6 months. That was cool car at times (when I wasn't worried about it exploding...)

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer New Reader
11/17/09 7:40 a.m.

Him...

The 70 International Harvester 1200D 3/4 ton 4-wheel drive pick-up i wish I hadn't sold

the 87 Pontiac Fiero GT...that I shouldn't have sold.

and

The 85 944 i just bought

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lmgRS7AZODBA7kStvA5m1Gws0kC65hhZ23BS8QjtyHCIi4ALrLBBa4sjx0UVJgKE