Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
1/11/09 6:36 p.m.

All handmade in 42 days.

weight? about 48lbs

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
1/11/09 7:01 p.m.

Now if only he could have made it attractive looking.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Reader
1/11/09 7:47 p.m.

The bike is one-off but shaft drive bikes are nothing new.

MBA covered flex-shaft drive bikes back in the 1990's

That thing looks like one of Dr. Suess' nightmares.

Shawn

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
1/11/09 8:12 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: The bike is one-off but shaft drive bikes are nothing new. MBA covered flex-shaft drive bikes back in the 1990's

I've seen a shaft drive bike from the 1890s as well.

roblinspec
roblinspec New Reader
1/11/09 8:15 p.m.

I also agree, it's pretty unattractive. Think about it, I definitely don't wanna be rolling down the street with that thing and everyone giving me weird looks.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/11/09 11:01 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: That thing looks like one of Dr. Suess' nightmares.

Like the vehicle used for Zoo-Zither-Carzay (a rollerskate type of lacrosse and croquet)

I remember seeing the driveshaft prototypes in MBA back in the early 90's (when I was a mountainbike wacko). That and the Beryllium frame--whose lugs weighed more than the frame and someone paid $25G for it--for a hardtail.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
1/12/09 6:09 a.m.

you know.. I can turn a doot around in 30 minutes(depends on the food).. It's custom made as well.. dosen't make it that special..

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/12/09 7:14 a.m.

Is that the one built buy the guy in Russia or some former communist-block country? I remember seeing a build thread on a bike that looked very similar, but IIRC he painted everything totally white on it.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
1/12/09 7:53 a.m.
roblinspec wrote: I also agree, it's pretty unattractive. Think about it, I definitely don't wanna be rolling down the street with that thing and everyone giving me weird looks.

If I used reasoning like that when selecting cars...

well...

People probably DO give me weird looks.

Clem

petegossett
1/12/09 11:13 a.m.

Here's the bike I was remembering. Gotta wonder if it was built by the same guy though.

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/05/hand-built-fork.html

petegossett
1/12/09 11:26 a.m.

Looks like this is the builder of the white bike's site. I don't see the original pic on there, but the front end looks almost identical. Chopper Ollie

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UOrPBMWx5WzTmo7rgCmu3kV1clDJs6j0qRrT8VYSIuyd2Eo8YiVotXOH21IRg2cq