1 ... 6 7 8
DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
1/21/12 9:28 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: The EU is trying to bring various widely differing countries together under a common economic umbrella based on the euro and each of these countries has its own social/economic agenda meaning they won't pull together to set the cart going in a good direction. Greece is probably the best example of a bad practice. For that reason it's a fustercluck and it will remain so, unfortunately.

I tend to agree. They will either give the EU enough authority to govern or they will split.

Now, avoiding the temptation to go off on my states' rights tangent.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
1/21/12 10:02 a.m.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
1/21/12 10:04 a.m.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
1/21/12 10:05 a.m.

The0retical
The0retical New Reader
1/21/12 3:53 p.m.

In reply to DaewooOfDeath:

I will not argue the fact that the US will probably always be a two party system. It is too deeply entrenched into the culture and the mouthpieces will never let us think otherwise.

As far as Republic vs Parliamentary Democracy goes I'm not saying that it is less stable just that the ability to change from one stance to another is greater provided the differences between the parties is great enough because the Prime minister is elected by the in charge party to rubber stamp though changes.

That said, Yay SOPA is dead and I need to stay out of political threads.

Fletch1
Fletch1 HalfDork
1/27/12 6:16 a.m.

Not sure if this is true, but: http://www.infowars.com/obama-signs-global-internet-treaty-worse-than-sopa/

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hrH1wzwTK5u0RrfS3Kgfh4OTa2P2go8p8I1fyfOddszgyuC2KQu1Dt4g7ThP9yki