1 2
clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
3/7/22 8:00 a.m.

Looks like California leads the fuel pricing, still.  I filled at 4.69$ in Atlanta. 

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/7/22 8:39 a.m.

In reply to APEowner :

100% my experience. 

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/7/22 8:57 a.m.
dculberson said:

Typical short sighted nonsense. I'm sure you took the May 2020 picture because prices were exceptionally low. So don't act like that price was normal.

Very good graph. In interpreting said graph, I think it does a good job of confirming that most times prices climb, as now, it's hard on all of the economy. And if one looks at the large increases, there is a correlation with a reason, and many remember the "reason", and if it was possibly a fabricated one. 

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
3/7/22 10:10 a.m.

Back in April of 2020 OPEC agreed to a reduction in oil production for two years.  Apparently, they are holding to that deal in spite of the current conditions.  So, theoretically, prices will drop in April of this year when the reduction is lifted?  From this article:

The agreement announced on Sunday will taper into a 7.7-million-barrel-a-day cut from July to December and then to 5.8 million barrels a day from January 2021 to April 2022.

Although I'm no where near an expert in global oil production, I assume the above is just one of the many factors to current prices.  Just pointing out there may be some relief on the horizon.

-Rob

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/22 10:41 a.m.

My fuel log for the past 7 years or so. That's actual price paid as I wander around the country, the most common trip is to California but there are some ones to Atlanta in there as well.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/7/22 3:32 p.m.

I don't have any good things to say about this.

It is going to get worse.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/22 5:36 p.m.

I remember when gasoline was over $4 in 2007ish and some delicate flower was whining to someone on the phone that gas prices were not in 10 cent steps, like that was an inalienable right.

The BP down the road has 60 cent steps.  That is, 93 is $1.20 more than 87.  I never see anybody buy fuel there.

Even so, it is 30-45 cent steps everywhere else.  With pricing like that posted above, I would see no reason to not use premium.  The difference in price is only, what, 5 percent? Most modern cars will use more than 5% less fuel on premium.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
3/7/22 6:39 p.m.

Is anyone still running "French fry" diesel  from old cooking oil .

years ago  that was what a lot of  old Mercedes diesel owners were using , 

not sure it would be clean enough for modern diesel motors ?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/22 7:48 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

The big issue with that is that you basically had to get the oil by stealing it.  Most restaurants who had that level of oil had contracts for pickup.  In other words, it was not their oil to give to you.

Sure the restaurant manager might be okay with it, but that just meant they didn't care because it wasn't them you'd be stealing from.

I have also heard that there are anti foaming agents in the oil that, while harmless for human consumption, are not good to pumps and injectors.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/7/22 8:06 p.m.
clownkiller said:
dculberson said:

Typical short sighted nonsense. I'm sure you took the May 2020 picture because prices were exceptionally low. So don't act like that price was normal.

It was normal for a few months. Here is one from April 2020. The diesel price jumped to 2.169$ a gallon in June 2020. We will see a doubling of prices by February 2022. That's not normal.

Nailed it last October. Got any stock tips?

NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
3/7/22 8:33 p.m.

When the war began I figured I'd better fill my pickup expecting a quick sharp price rise.  Paid the price for procrastinating today as it was $4.80/gal and after inserting credit cards twice I spent $150.00 but the tank wasn't completely full. The station I go to has a $75.00 limit per card swipe and if you want to use the same card more than once you have to go inside so I used two different cards which hasn't been necessary since the last time the price spiked.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
3/8/22 7:46 a.m.

162.75$ to fill my truck. I think I will fill when the tank is at 3/4 to keep it easy...

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
3/8/22 10:29 a.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Tesla.... 10 year hold, 600% increase.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wXvu1D0XoFz318pn28UOiyTVyUdcfre8Obx2LHhDbjv6rDppaWJSddFk0XHyqkEA