SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid SuperDork
7/20/12 9:30 p.m.

Man I love when AMC does Dirty Harry Marathons. Magnum Force is on right now and The Enforcer is on next.

Wow do they do some awesome driving with those early 70's LTDs.

It's also awesome to see all the old iron too.

I keep telling my wife I want the entire series on DVD.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
7/20/12 11:01 p.m.

My son and I are in Farmington for the Pro. We watched part of one of them. They're awesome. Never get old.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
7/20/12 11:12 p.m.

It's not a Dirty Harry movie, but I have The Gauntlet on the DVR. I'm trying to get my wife to watch it, but she won't because, and I quote: "I don't like the color of old movies".

One of my favorite end scenes.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/20/12 11:16 p.m.

"Well that's mighty white of you."

ncjay
ncjay Reader
7/21/12 12:43 a.m.

The fine folks at Wal Mart have a DVD available with Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, and Sudden Impact. Good times.

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
7/21/12 6:53 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: It's not a Dirty Harry movie, but I have The Gauntlet on the DVR. I'm trying to get my wife to watch it, but she won't because, and I quote: "I don't like the color of old movies". One of my favorite end scenes.

she doesn't like the "color"? that's about 90% of their awesomeness- there's just an extra layer of "grit" that is added to the movie because of the coloration of the lower budget movies from the 70's. shoot those exact same movies with even low end modern technology and they would look like crap.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
7/21/12 7:30 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Wow do they do some awesome driving with those early 70's LTDs.

You've seen White Lightning, of course? Those LTD's were a staple in every movie/TV car chase in the 1970s. Maybe that's the only way Ford could move that junk was to crash them on screen. Terrible rust bombs, and ill handling, overweight pigs. But, it does illustrate the brass balls and skill of the stunt drivers back then.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
7/21/12 7:33 a.m.
ddavidv wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Wow do they do some awesome driving with those early 70's LTDs.
You've seen White Lightning, of course? Those LTD's were a staple in every movie/TV car chase in the 1970s.

Or Gator...

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
7/21/12 7:45 a.m.

Yes, they were in everything.

That LTD in White Lightning had a 4-speed on the Floor though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7CQvJY572BNoVgOOLRGCgOoFRTRp6QmCaslRDSop6wfQcbURSZXlzd6zJDduDTVW