BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/22 9:24 a.m.

Given that I have all the graphic design abilities of a stoned gibbon, I was wondering if someone in the GRM family does design work for logos and similar?

I do need/want a proper logo from my YouTube channel which would also be used on one of my websites and am looking for someone who might be able to translate a vague idea into an actual logo.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/22 9:41 a.m.

I've done a few, such as the BAC Garage logo.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
4/19/22 10:15 a.m.

I do it as well. Sometimes. If I like the idea it is quick and inexpensive. If I don't it simply does not happen. PM me with idea and I will respond yes/no today.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
4/19/22 11:15 a.m.

Yes, Ive come up with some.

An option for you for a quick solution, too, is fivver (or is it fiverr, whatever)

Five bucks and you tell some kid what you want and they'll revise till youre pleased

Ive used the hell out of that service - time is money and me taking an hour to do something (or more!) is more than the 5-7 paid out to Anik in Bangladesh (that's who I use, honestly, great guy and great work!)

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/22 11:26 a.m.

I designed my company logo about 18 years ago. It's getting pretty dated at this point so I'll be following this one closely. 

EES Logo.png

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
4/19/22 11:59 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

My companies logo is so dated I've seen our 5 year old used t shirts being sold as 70s vintage. 

Definitely interested to see how this thread plays out. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/19/22 12:02 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

That's a feature. smiley

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/19/22 12:08 p.m.

I can (apparently) do logos. Some of you have seen my work, some of you haven't. I mostly do hand drawn, but am learning computer based. this is one I did a few weeks ago for a friend of a friend. 

BoxheadTim
4/19/22 12:11 p.m.

I'm aware of fiverr, and that's my backup approach. Wanted to check if I can funnel some work towards people I like to virtually hang out with first, though.

@GameboyRMH / @TurnerX19 / @hybridmomentspass / @Mndsm - I'll PM you sometime this afternoon.

The channel is called "Garage Moneypit" and the vague ideas I've had so far are:

• A (potentially "distressed" 10mm socket in the center, with the name of the channel around it, following the circular outline required for the YouTube logo
  • A stylised bank note (potentially on fire) with the 10mm socket in place of the portrait

Other suggestions of course are welcome.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/19/22 12:14 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

In reply to Toyman! :

My companies logo is so dated I've seen our 5 year old used t shirts being sold as 70s vintage. 

Definitely interested to see how this thread plays out. 

I think you once said your the oldest company still in the game for your industry.  With that being the case your changes should be "updating" or "evolutional" but be warry of major changes.  

I think you want customers to look at the "new logo" and ask themselves, "is there something different?"  Not so obvious that it is different. 

Samples:

The bear should stay maybe updated similar to Wendy's examples:

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/19/22 12:46 p.m.

Mrs. Snowdoggie does this for a living and has for many years. She used be a Creative Director for one of the biggest firms in Atlanta and currently works for a design firm in Dallas and takes freelance work from time to time. Her resume includes Toyota, Johnson and Johnson and other Fortune 500 companies. She has done work for Richard Rawlings and Gas Monkey Garage here in Dallas so she is familiar with car stuff. This is some of her work...

I might be able to talk her in to doing it on the cheap. She recently did some dog rescue stuff for free.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/19/22 12:52 p.m.
BoxheadTim said:

I'm aware of fiverr, and that's my backup approach. Wanted to check if I can funnel some work towards people I like to virtually hang out with first, though.

@GameboyRMH / @TurnerX19 / @hybridmomentspass / @Mndsm - I'll PM you sometime this afternoon.

The channel is called "Garage Moneypit" and the vague ideas I've had so far are:

• A (potentially "distressed" 10mm socket in the center, with the name of the channel around it, following the circular outline required for the YouTube logo
  • A stylised bank note (potentially on fire) with the 10mm socket in place of the portrait

Other suggestions of course are welcome.

I don't have the ability but I have ideas.  I wonder if 10mm socket and circle logo is too much to combine.  But instead of a circle a circular socket image like this.  Wont appear to be 10mm but it's a "wrench logo"

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/22 1:33 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

I would be interested in hearing her thoughts about mine.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/19/22 1:44 p.m.

Not a designer, but I saw this and thought it was funny. 

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/19/22 1:58 p.m.
Toyman! said:

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

I would be interested in hearing her thoughts about mine.

I will print it out and talk to her tonight. I am sure she will have a few ideas.

SaxyHero
SaxyHero New Reader
4/19/22 3:39 p.m.

Looks like you've got a few people that have responded but graphic design, logo design, branding and marketing are all things I do. I did all of the Interstellar Sledgehammer for reference. 

lnlogauge
lnlogauge HalfDork
4/19/22 3:55 p.m.

Can't help with the logo, but I like the name moneypit garage better. its more natural, and fitting for a youtube channel. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/19/22 4:00 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

This is probably a result of me currently re-reading Maus, but your logo looks like 2 swastikas overlayed on each other to me. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/22 4:12 p.m.
mtn said:

In reply to Toyman! :

This is probably a result of me currently re-reading Maus, but your logo looks like 2 swastikas overlayed on each other to me. 

I too noticed the problematic geometry...only other real problem with the logo is the text being very tightly bunched together.

BoxheadTim
4/19/22 4:53 p.m.
lnlogauge said:

Can't help with the logo, but I like the name moneypit garage better. its more natural, and fitting for a youtube channel. 

I totally agree and that was my first choice but at the time, there was another channel that was already using the name, so I went with the the JDMYO "Garage <something or other>" approach as the second best option.

BoxheadTim
4/19/22 5:41 p.m.
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) said:

Mrs. Snowdoggie does this for a living and has for many years. She used be a Creative Director for one of the biggest firms in Atlanta and currently works for a design firm in Dallas and takes freelance work from time to time. Her resume includes Toyota, Johnson and Johnson and other Fortune 500 companies. She has done work for Richard Rawlings and Gas Monkey Garage here in Dallas so she is familiar with car stuff. This is some of her work...

I might be able to talk her in to doing it on the cheap. She recently did some dog rescue stuff for free.

That would be great - obviously I do expect to compensate whoever works on this, but this monkey doesn't quite have a budget to rival the Gas Monkey's.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ogR251ravTl2LT9t8FFEiZydr40wWxyEmKPVVArlFerDUDjQzFbnuVsdOeaKc8xZ