1 2 3
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
10/12/23 9:41 a.m.

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/prod.mm.com/cache/5d/d6/5dd6c027def7a1a42e2e5fdf9a874247.jpg

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/12/23 9:49 a.m.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
10/12/23 10:10 a.m.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/23 10:15 a.m.

My favorite changes on a monthly, weekly, and sometimes daily basis. I can post my favorite this week, but that will change by next week. 

The current favorite is this little guy. He's the one sucking up my time, money, and thoughts.

20231005_180950.jpg

But everything in this picture is also a favorite and they have all sucked up their share of time, money, and thoughts. So, there's your one picture. Yes, I know I cheated. cheeky

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/12/23 10:57 a.m.

Not my car, but spitting image.

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
10/12/23 11:11 a.m.

A close decision - don't ask me to pick number two.

(sadly no pics of mine... last seen headed west in 1979)

Turbine
Turbine GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/12/23 12:20 p.m.

At least until my 200 20v's running. 

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/12/23 1:14 p.m.

Hard decision. I was going to say the LSe30 but I think the trans am takes it.

Welly
Welly New Reader
10/12/23 1:15 p.m.

I'll keep up the Audi theme.Hard to choose between these but the v10 S6 will always be a little special!

calteg
calteg SuperDork
10/12/23 1:55 p.m.

Not mine. I have different wheels and blacked out emblems.

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
10/12/23 5:53 p.m.

Everything before this was always a "practical" car.  (OK, the '86 Jetta GLI I bought new was a blast on windy roads but mechanically it was the worst thing I've ever owned.)  This puts a grin on my face every time I drive it.   Picture from 2016 after our first run on the Kancamagus Highway in NH with it.

laoda90
laoda90 New Reader
10/12/23 6:04 p.m.

The 90s era.....

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
10/12/23 6:33 p.m.

When I first got it, before addressing the rather frumpiness of it all lol. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/23 7:09 p.m.

Haven't owned many but it's a hard choice. The AE92 has a lot of "personality" (that personality is violence) and feels and sounds faster than it really is. The Samurai has plenty of "personality" too and can go anywhere, delivering adventure in spades. The Toyobaru delivers buttoned-down competence on track and is the most comfortable on the street, but it actually doesn't feel as fast as it is, and when you're driving it normally on the street it feels like a fairly ordinary car. Still, for driving the best in competition I'll hand it to the Toyobaru:

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
10/12/23 7:12 p.m.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Dork
10/12/23 8:03 p.m.
84FSP said:

Surprised this was your pick.

Opti
Opti SuperDork
10/12/23 9:23 p.m.

God I miss this car. I found it a couple years ago. Spun a bearing about 2 weeks before I rediscovered it.9 owners in the 7 years following me

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
10/12/23 9:25 p.m.

In reply to Cooper_Tired :

It was a really fun departure from anything I've ever built.  El Rabbito is a close second but is currently on my last nerve...

procainestart
procainestart SuperDork
10/13/23 12:35 a.m.

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 SuperDork
10/13/23 7:29 a.m.

This is a tough call.  I could say my 1990 Miata or M Coupe, but for right now, this is it.

02Pilot
02Pilot PowerDork
10/13/23 8:08 a.m.

Coming up on 30 years of ownership, though it's been garage-bound for the last few. I'm desperately trying to get it back together enough to drive once before the winter.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/13/23 8:11 a.m.

As mentioned before, picking just one is difficult. There have been fast ones, others that handled great, some that got way too much attention wherever you drove them, but the one that put an instant smile on my face every time I opened the door and sat in it has to be by old Mini. I bought it as a blown-up and rusty heap from a junkyard in Scranton, PA. It began life as a Canadian Mini 1000 and came to the US by a teacher on a work visa. The motor went and it was "scrapped". I was driving down the road one Sunday afternoon, looked thru the chain-link fence and saw it sitting there. I drove back up the following morning and made a deal to buy it. After dragging it home, I found out the other reason that it was likely scrapped, the Canadian salt monster had taken  large bits of the floor, trunk and nose. I had just undergone ACL surgery and was on crutches for a few weeks/months and though it would be a fun therapy project. Boy was it fun! Floor pans, rockers, sills, complete nose piece, hood, rear subframe and more. It took a few months to do the metal work but that gave the engine builder time to do the 1275. I had a "built" motor done by a former SCCA racer and machinist and it dyno'd at a whopping 105hp! A rod-change gearbox completed the powerplant. Lots of time and effort went into this Mini, but it's been out of my possession for 25+ years and I still think about it and pick it over all the others. When the new MINIs came out, I thought it would be fun to grab one as a DD hoping it was a throw-back to the originals. Nope, I tried but it just didn't feel right. Some day I'll have another and to honor my original one, it will get painted Ford commercial truck orange with black flares and roof. 

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/13/23 10:23 a.m.
02Pilot said:

Coming up on 30 years of ownership,

I think this has the most to do with my pick. In about a month and a half it'll be 20 years with my pig.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
10/13/23 11:16 a.m.

The one on the right.  Owned it for 15 years and 60k miles, sold it for $1500 less than I paid for it.  $8500 angry Actual value today about ten times that amount.  First BMW, first car I ever drove on a track.  

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
10/14/23 9:05 a.m.

It took me a minute to decide on the "favorite".  Top 5, even top 3, sure.  But #1?

I thought about the '79 Lil Red Express, both MR2's including the SC (that I wish I had right now).  My first Camaro that I loved in the Navy & spent all my $$ on.  The '93 Eagle Talon that was my 1st manual and I drove for 150K miles (including the 2nd engine when the original blew up the day after I paid it off).

But this little 2006 Scion xB might be it.  It did everything, it carried lots of crap when needed, it was comfortable, it had a little pep after the springs/CAI/Exhaust.  It never let me down, and in 174K miles the only non-routine maintenance it needed was a water pump, and it warned me for days until I got around to doing it.  It was also the car I bought after my ex-wife and I separated, and I found my Scion car club friends due to it at a cruise-in at the local Quaker Steak on a Monday night with my mom.  Most of the those people I'm still friends with 15yrs later.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8mB4jngizBHulezHUR8qGykEoyrT15oYxiQr9auU2svbC1IOznP8rqA6UV9RVfKh