1 2
tuna55
tuna55 Dork
10/31/10 8:51 p.m.
gamby wrote: Frank Zappa once said something akin to "I don't want what I hear to be dictated by what a 6 year old is able to handle". That's how I feel about this thread.

If that's how you feel, you missed my point. I am not advocating censorship anywhere, just saying it would be nice if people listened to the lyrics. Plus, my son is two. When he is in the room, I am dictated by what a two year old can handle. It's called parenting.

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
10/31/10 9:35 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
gamby wrote: Frank Zappa once said something akin to "I don't want what I hear to be dictated by what a 6 year old is able to handle". That's how I feel about this thread.
If that's how you feel, you missed my point. I am not advocating censorship anywhere, just saying it would be nice if people listened to the lyrics. Plus, my son is two. When he is in the room, I am dictated by what a two year old can handle. It's called parenting.

Agreed. I am pro free speech. My 7 year old called me out yesterday for saying "soap words" while watching College ball.(soap words meaning having Ivory Liquid squirted in my mouth and told to keep it there until sufficient time had passed in my misspent youth).We currently use that as an effective "threat".

Me:"Sunnuvab---h..what the hell kind of a play was that?!?Stupid a-- play....stu-pid..dumb!" Son: "Dad, you're saying soap words again."

Me: "Yeah, I know...but who the hell throws an interception on the 2 yard line...dumba-- play...."

Years after the soap thing,and my Parents were after me about the yard, or my room or whatever, I would walk up to the line and look at it by singing snippets of Lou Reed....as done by Bill Murray/Carl Spackler "HEY HUN-NAY...take a walk on the wild side...and the colored girls go doot-de-doot-de-doot-de-doot-doot...

Fortunately (for me)....I never sang any other part of that song to them.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
10/31/10 11:31 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:

Your two year old (or pretty much any 6-year old) has no grasp of what sexual double entendre is. I promise.

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
11/1/10 4:50 a.m.
gamby wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
Your two year old (or pretty much any 6-year old) has no grasp of what sexual double entendre is. I promise.

He does. however, repeat things at random. The other day I said "curses!" which he repeated for about ten minutes. Just what I need is sometime in the middle of church "baby chow down!" coming from my kid.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
11/1/10 10:55 a.m.
tuna55 wrote:

I think I'll amend zappas comment to "whatever someone elses six year old can handle" I dont have kids!

Joey

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
11/1/10 8:23 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
gamby wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
He does. however, repeat things at random. The other day I said "curses!" which he repeated for about ten minutes. Just what I need is sometime in the middle of church "baby chow down!" coming from my kid.

A guy who worked for me got in all KINDS of trouble over that. One night, he walked up behind his wife who was doing dishes and started talking dirty, not realizing his 5 year old daughter had walked in right behind him. They of course knocked it off immediately and tried not to make a big deal out of it.

The next day the kid repeated part of what she heard while she was at preschool. DSS (Department of Social Services) got a phone call from the preschool and they got the kid while she was still at the school. It cost him about $15,000.00 in legal fees to get his kid out of the foster home. He was also a firefighter (he worked for me part time) and nearly lost his job.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/1/10 11:45 p.m.

Yet another reason I'm glad I'm barren.

It's amazing to me that there are cases where abuse can go on unchecked/unpunished for ages and then a kid mutters a few words (that she doesn't even know the meaning of) and this guy loses $15k.

Freud would have a field day with that situation--castrated by your daughter--ouch.

Funny thing is--none of this stuff was on my radar when I was a kid--and the music in question in this thread existed then. I know various media is much, much more pervasive these days, but JEEZ--how did we survive?!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/5/10 10:42 p.m.

http://fergoandenrique.comicgenesis.com/d/20101103.html

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
11/6/10 12:54 a.m.

cute

chuckles
chuckles Reader
11/8/10 3:58 p.m.

Bull Moose Jackson wrote "Big Ten Inch" before anyone in Aerosmith was born. Just sayin'.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
11/8/10 4:01 p.m.
92dxman wrote: You want dirty, listen to Little Red Corvette by Prince..

Yes, I explained that one to someone the other day.

Didn't Chevy use that song for a commercial?

I like the use of Beautiful World (Devo) by Target. I guess they didn't listen to the end of the song.

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
11/8/10 6:51 p.m.

Speaking of repeating everything. Listening to Dave Ramsey (please spare me your opinion of him) on the way home tonight, he goes "no cosign, yuck!".

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
11/8/10 7:54 p.m.
chuckles wrote: Bull Moose Jackson wrote "Big Ten Inch" before anyone in Aerosmith was born. Just sayin'.

Technically, no.

Just sayin'.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
11/8/10 11:00 p.m.

The dirtiest song in rock n roll is Shake, Rattle, and Roll. Fo real. Listen close to the lyrics. And substitute berkleying every time you hear shake, rattle, and roll.

"...I'm a one eyed cat, peepin' in a seafood store.."

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
11/9/10 12:34 a.m.

In reply to JFX001:

Right. All of Aerosmith is older than that song, according to wiki.

Joey

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
11/9/10 7:06 a.m.
joey48442 wrote: In reply to JFX001: Right. All of Aerosmith is older than that song, according to wiki. Joey

And....he didn't write the song.

chuckles
chuckles Reader
11/9/10 9:48 a.m.
JFX001 wrote:
joey48442 wrote: In reply to JFX001: Right. All of Aerosmith is older than that song, according to wiki. Joey
And....he didn't write the song. Dr. Demento misled me. Never mind.
Auto ADD
Auto ADD Dork
11/9/10 10:57 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gWMJLUbk10&feature=related This song was banned when it first came out.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
11/9/10 11:09 a.m.

"So caught up in you, little girl...." What the berkeley!?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
11/9/10 11:18 a.m.

The Rolling Stones - Star Star

Written by Mick Jagger for the lovely Pamela... who was trying to collect the whole set.

The word filter ought to make this come out pretty funny.

Baby, baby, I've been so sad since you've been gone Way back to New York City Where you do belong Honey, I missed your two tongue kisses Legs wrapped around me tight If I ever get back to Fun City, girl I'm gonna make you scream all night

Honey, honey, call me on the telephone I know you're movin' out to Hollywood With your can of tasty foam All those beat up friends of mine Got to get you in their books And lead guitars and movie stars Get their tongues beneath your hook

Yeah! You're a star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star Yeah, a star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star A star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer star

Yeah, I heard about your Polaroids Now that's what I call obscene Your tricks with fruit was kinda cute I bet you keep your Bob Costas clean Honey, I miss your two tongue kisses Your legs wrapped around me tight If I ever get back to New York, girl Gonna make you scream all night

Yeah! You're a star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star Yeah, a star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star A star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer, star berkeleyer star

Yeah, Ali McGraw got mad with you For givin' head to Steve McQueen You and me, we made a pretty pair Fallin' through the silver screen Honey, I'm open to anything I don't know where to draw the line Yeah, I'm makin' bets that you gonna get John Wayne before he dies

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
11/9/10 11:53 a.m.

There's a commercial for instant messaging or something with a baby in a stroller thingie an he flies from someone's home to grandma's while in the background someone sings: "I've got a brand new pair of roller skates..."

You want to have that ditty rattling around in your head on a Monday morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMRJ1oFNjKE

Duke
Duke SuperDork
11/9/10 12:47 p.m.

That would be Melanie, also famous for "Look What They Done To My Song, Ma" among others.

Gubby
Gubby New Reader
11/9/10 11:25 p.m.

(Casey Kasem voice) "O.K. folks, here's one from 1913...."

"...You made me love you...I didn't want to do it..."

yikes, someone call Benson &Stabler

tuna55
tuna55 Dork
1/26/11 9:22 p.m.

Another one I just heard (thank you Pandora) and loved (while no kids are around) is "I don't want to lose your love" by the Outfields. Sounds innocent. The line before the title is "I just want to use your love tonight". Wow. Never would have caught that if I wasn't listening intently, otherwise it sounds pretty innocent.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/27/11 12:57 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: The dirtiest song in rock n roll is Shake, Rattle, and Roll. Fo real. Listen close to the lyrics. And substitute berkleying every time you hear shake, rattle, and roll. "...I'm a one eyed cat, peepin' in a seafood store.."

Bow Wow Wow--"I Want Candy"

Substitute "candy" for "sex" and the song makes much more sense.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wXbs1lUzoF2yIdXEpdJEgBNq0mnaujAHdj77Vuvt1Xw0XBogidKePtawebRKXCkK