1kris06
1kris06 Reader
11/2/14 7:32 p.m.

So i'm finally biting the bullet and going back under contract. Anyone have experience with either of these phones?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
11/2/14 8:45 p.m.

I've got the One M8. It's a fine phone. I've been a fan of the multitasking on the HTC phones for a few years now. Pretty good battery life and size. This phone is almost too large IMO. It's also got a very sleek design that almost requires using a phone cover. It is slippery. Luckily it has some built in waterproofing that will let you get away with dunking it in water. The next/newest version of android is coming in February. IIRC the S5 has a better screen. That's all I know about it.

The Canadian
The Canadian New Reader
11/2/14 9:02 p.m.

I have an S5. great phone. IR for controlling TVs and other electronic over finding a remote. i perfer samsungs PC Software, over HTC. S5 is waterproof like the M8. i find the aftermarket support is greater for the S5 over M8.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus HalfDork
11/2/14 9:34 p.m.

Also have the s5, no problems, great screen and camera and good battery life. I have no experience with the m8. I don't think you can go wrong with either though

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Dork
11/2/14 9:51 p.m.

I have an S5. It's a big improvement over my previous iPhone 5. The OLED screen is awesome to look at.

The Canadian
The Canadian New Reader
11/2/14 9:55 p.m.

forgot about the S5 power saving, and Ultra power saving mode. makes the battery life amazing when low

Rustfinger
Rustfinger Reader
11/3/14 12:56 p.m.

I've had the One M8 since about the first week it was released. Battery life is great, and has a very premium feel. Despite some of the online reviews bashing the camera, I find it takes really, really good pics, especially in low light conditions. Either the M8 or the S5 is a good choice, IMHO, I just really liked the heft and feel of metal. Mine has survived 3 caseless drops onto pavement with only tiny dings, so it's tough too.

1kris06
1kris06 Reader
11/4/14 11:47 a.m.

Decided to try out the S5 Sport in blue, because, why not. It won't get lost in the sea of black that most electronics are. Plus, I can always get a normal S5 for a restocking fee within the next 2 weeks.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IzP2eYHrSn0XcdF40tKcquc24cWu959gHDUVCrBL6GNfUpNdR7rBtnMPa6aWYuCL