fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
2/3/17 9:47 a.m.

Been pretty much old school w/ car care but thinking of getting up to date w/ foam cannons. Appears to be the latest in neat car care stuff out there lately, after basic research this might be the next step, makes sense to me.

Can anybody provide first hand user experience?

Also, garden hose foam gun like the Autogeek Foamaster vs pressure washer types, many to choose from. PW types appear to foam better than the garden hose variety for one thing but dragging my gas powered PW out in winter and then draining it after use and storing it in an unheated garage might be iffy besides time consuming. Electric PW that can be stored in the basement after use w/ no threat of esplosion or freezing is an option but another expense.

So, what's the word on foam cannons?

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/3/17 10:56 a.m.

I want a company that sells them to produce an infomerical that features Lil Jon, that's really all that I have to offer.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
2/3/17 11:49 a.m.

And here I thought I'd find a discussion on actual cannons made of foam. Silly me

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
2/3/17 12:16 p.m.
fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
2/3/17 12:31 p.m.

So I bought a black truck, it's filthy now.

Just looking for an Easier Button to help keep it clean.

Dunno what the berkeley Lil Jon is.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/17 4:17 p.m.

If you still have to scrub it with a brush or mop, what's the point. It looks like a extra step to me.

I have no experience with them, so I'm probably not the person to ask. I will say the professional detail shop across from me doesn't use them.

captdownshift
2/3/17 4:45 p.m.

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/3/17 4:51 p.m.

Not sure what I expected a foam cannon to be, but I'm somewhat disappointed that it's an actual useful tool ...

captdownshift
2/3/17 6:34 p.m.

In reply to XLR99:

You're not thinking bikini car wash enough...

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/3/17 6:49 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: So I bought a black truck, it's filthy now. Just looking for an Easier Button to help keep it clean. Dunno what the berkeley Lil Jon is.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
2/3/17 7:41 p.m.

Not what I wuz expecting...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/17 7:45 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: And here I thought I'd find a discussion on actual cannons made of foam. Silly me

I thought the cannons would be shooting foam. Like modified Nerf cannon.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/3/17 10:30 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: If you still have to scrub it with a brush or mop, what's the point. It looks like a extra step to me. I have no experience with them, so I'm probably not the person to ask. I will say the professional detail shop across from me doesn't use them.

I think the idea is that the foam sits on the car and loosens the dirt and it runs off. Then when you scrub/wipe it, there's less dirt to scratch the paint.

I bought this cheap one on Amazon last year and used it a few times. It's OK, but not an essential thing, IMO.

captdownshift
2/3/17 10:38 p.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler:

Hey that ships from 4 miles from me.

thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
2/4/17 6:38 a.m.

One of my buddies who does detailing swears I need to get one for my business. He says it seriously cuts down on his time. I just use a rinseless car wash and high quality wash mitts and towels, it takes no time at all and it won't scratch if you do it right.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/17 7:16 a.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler:

OK, I guess that makes sense. Luckily, I don't have any cars I worry about scratching. I tend to buy them pre-scratched.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
2/4/17 7:19 a.m.

So, this isn't a bout nerf weapons, but I guess it may be interesting for those who wash their cars.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Hsb7HQTa8BuTqBjXpVPVDiDIdBuyXilf1EjkzF26j8hWNSlHv1vsury1ZnSc5VMk