1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
12/8/14 3:48 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469:

That's not saying much, decent looking defense though. Who did you guys waste the first round draft pick we traded you for Richardson?

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/14/14 3:03 p.m.

Johnny Football saved the day! For the Bengals. ....

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
12/14/14 3:05 p.m.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
12/14/14 3:07 p.m.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
12/14/14 3:10 p.m.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
12/15/14 9:28 a.m.

In reply to Nick_Comstock:

I will wait until after the first Bengals playoffs game to talk smack LOL

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/15/14 9:51 p.m.

Wow. I thought Bucs "fans" were whiney loser bitches. Then I saw Natty Ice and the Mudbirds get dick-stomped first-hand. HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
12/15/14 10:28 p.m.

The only thing to like about the Steelers:

(the throwback jersey, just to be clear)

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/29/14 11:04 a.m.

Records mean almost nothing in the playoffs. Give me a team with momentum over a team with a better record any day. Because of this...

1. Carolina is for real. Winning four games to end the season (even against some crappy teams) makes any team a legit threat, which is particularly disappointing because...

2. I would have loved to see Arizona be the first team to play a SuperBowl in their home stadium. But late season injuries have all but written them off. They seem well-coached, and pretty complete, although no team is complete enough to cope with the loss of two already non-marquee QBs.

3. Everyone writing Seattle off when they were in third place in the division all season should be eating some crow at this point. If Carolina is dangerous after winning four in a row,no one should want to go to Seattle after they finished the season with five straight wins.

4. I would not wish ill on any other human—Except maybe Ndamukong Suh. What a scumbag. The Lions are the new Raiders. I hope their playoff appearance is short and frustrating.

5. Will Tom Brady with his athletic talent, championship rings, dashing good looks, richer-than-him supermodel wife and amazing hair ever stop screwing up the curve for the rest of us?

SB prediction: Horses beat Cowboys. Denver over Dallas 38-31. Manning doesn't retire whether they won or go out in the first round.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
12/29/14 11:25 a.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak:

If I were an NFC team, I think I'd want no part of the Cowboys right now.....especially if they're on the road.

Arizona will probably fall to the Panthers, although that one will be a defensive slug fest. Its going to be one hell of a game to watch.

I'm glad Indy will have a chance to drub the Bengals into non-existance again instead of those sneaky steelers. The second round won't be fun though with either option.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
12/29/14 3:06 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

I'm hoping the Bengals destroy the Colts. Mainly because I got zero points from Luck last week when I needed him to show up

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
12/29/14 3:47 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: 4. I would not wish ill on any other human—Except maybe Ndamukong Suh. What a scumbag. The Lions are the new Raiders. I hope their playoff appearance is short and frustrating. SB prediction: Horses beat Cowboys. Denver over Dallas 38-31. Manning doesn't retire whether they won or go out in the first round.
  1. as big a jackass as Suh is .. I wish he could have strayed out of character this time .. the 1 game suspension almost gives the first round to the Cowboys … (my favorite team(s) are the Skins and whoever is playing Dallas

2. boy I hope you're wrong … no with Denver winning but that the Cowgirls are their opponent … would like to see Brady win another one … don't think that GB's defense is good enough to get to the SB … really don't see anyone knocking off Seattle (especially since they're on a roll and playing at home)

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/29/14 5:45 p.m.

Would love to see a STEELERS/Cowgirls Superbowl reunion.

Hey? Who won the AFC North by the way?

PS: Lol at Natty Ice and the Failcons. I'm sure the new stadium will help them win games.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/29/14 6:18 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: Records mean almost nothing in the playoffs. Give me a team with momentum over a team with a better record any day. Because of this... 1. Carolina is for real. Winning four games to end the season (even against some crappy teams) makes any team a legit threat, which is particularly disappointing because... 2. I would have loved to see Arizona be the first team to play a SuperBowl in their home stadium. But late season injuries have all but written them off. They seem well-coached, and pretty complete, although no team is complete enough to cope with the loss of two already non-marquee QBs. 3. Everyone writing Seattle off when they were in third place in the division all season should be eating some crow at this point. If Carolina is dangerous after winning four in a row,no one should want to go to Seattle after they finished the season with five straight wins. 4. I would not wish ill on any other human—Except maybe Ndamukong Suh. What a scumbag. The Lions are the new Raiders. I hope their playoff appearance is short and frustrating. 5. Will Tom Brady with his athletic talent, championship rings, dashing good looks, richer-than-him supermodel wife and amazing hair ever stop screwing up the curve for the rest of us? SB prediction: Horses beat Cowboys. Denver over Dallas 38-31. Manning doesn't retire whether they won or go out in the first round.
  1. Carolina, like every other team who puts their faith in a show-boating, "scrambling" "QB" is a berkeleying joke, and destined for failure (See also: Vick, RGIII, et al.) That said, they were the icing on my great football weekend cake.

2. Agreed.

3. The Bob Costascats are as dangerous as a berkeleying Bob Costascat, but yeah, Seattle is no joke, and, of course, I hate fudge bay, and I hate Rodgers' ass-face, and support any team who stomps a berkeleying mudhole in it.

4. Mega plus ones.

5. I dunno, but I'd pay money to see him and any other QB in a berkeleying street fight, cuz I think I know how that plays out. Also, anyone care to take a bet on how long it takes Blount to get arrested or "injured?"

Too early for me to make an SB prediction, but I agree with your "momentum" sentiment, which bodes well for my team, as it has in the past.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/29/14 7:09 p.m.

The best team that Carolina beat in their four game win streak was Cleveland. That does not exactly make them an unstoppable steamroller, but, still, four games is four games. And, yeah, gimmicky teams eventually run up against a wall of reality. Ultimately more games will be won by pocket passers who can accurately and reliably deliver the ball in a variety of conditions (See: Brady and his perfect hair).

Pittsburgh/Dallas would be pretty epic, but I don't think the Steelers are deep enough to get there. Still, I like 3 and 4 seeds, especially when they aren't New England or Denver. I think guys like Brady and manning can deal just fine with the weak off, but I think a lot of the younger teams benefit from retaining the same schedule into the playoffs. Leaves less time for their star players to get arrested.

I think Brady could hold his own in a QB fight just based on athletic ability alone—for a while, anyway. My money in a QB barroom donnybrook would be on Favre, though. Yeah he's retired and a little slow, but I don't think he'd hesitate for a second to crack a Miller Lite bottle over the back of a chair and straight up stick you. Plus he'd be so jacked full of Percocet that he would't feel a thing until it was way too late.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
12/29/14 7:18 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak:

Don't count out Michael Vick in your imaginary QB brawl barfight, especially if he gets to use any of his four legged friends.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
12/29/14 7:25 p.m.

Speaking of being on a roll, which team has won 10 out of their last 11 games? Which team has held their opponent to 7 points or less in 5 of their last 6 games?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
12/29/14 8:06 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: If Carolina is dangerous after winning four in a row,no one should want to go to Seattle after they finished the season with five straight wins.

IIRC it was 2011 last time any team wanted to play Seattle at Seattle.
Been about as long since anyone looked forward to playing Seattle at all!

chili_head
chili_head New Reader
12/29/14 8:29 p.m.

Steelers fans. Gotta love 'em.

Panthers are not going to go quietly and should surprise. Can they go into Seattle and win... A Man can dream.

P.s.- RGIII, Vick, et al. (which includes Russell Wilson) are all 6ft or under. Cam is 6'5" and 250. A little different.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/29/14 8:37 p.m.

My two favorite teams are the Texas Aggies and whoever is playing t.u. WHOO PIG SOOIE!!!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/29/14 9:41 p.m.

Carolina over Arizona in a defensive slugfest, Poopy's boys will destroy the mudbirds, Cincy will shockingly win a playoff game over the wildly inconsistent Colts, Dallas will destroy Detroit.

Unfortunately Brady over Wilson for the Super Bowl.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
12/30/14 6:17 a.m.
Javelin wrote: Carolina over Arizona in a defensive slugfest, Poopy's boys will destroy the mudbirds, Cincy will shockingly win a playoff game over the wildly inconsistent Colts, Dallas will destroy Detroit. Unfortunately Brady over Wilson for the Super Bowl.

I would settle for that … whomever… as long as the cowgirls lose

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
12/30/14 5:23 p.m.

Aaaand Suh is back in. Sorry Cowgirls, looks like Womo is gonna spend some time on his back after all.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/30/14 5:37 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: The best team that Carolina beat in their four game win streak was Cleveland.

I just wanted to quote this since you rarely see "Best team" and "Cleveland" in the same sentence.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
12/30/14 8:19 p.m.

The Cryboys have a whole 110 more offensive yards on the season than the Seahawks and are somehow hyped as an explosive offense, but they have given up 1,407 more yards than the hawks D. I know who I will pick if it comes to a SEA-DAL game. Of course, I know who I'll pick in an {insert team here}-SEA game.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AdCQ8hrWhvN5WMfiRF5iY78wF9VhUsXT9shKcvfGQYKkFXS5TUeuLJfmpZbaSdTg