1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/4/15 3:35 p.m.

My team is interviewing Rex Ryan today. I might have to claim to being a Jacksonville fan or something for a few years...

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
1/4/15 3:51 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: At least the Steelers fans have stopped talking about what they did in past years. They're now talking about what they're going to do next year.

To be honest, as a Steelers fan I have been tired of hearing those obnoxious blowhards as well.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/4/15 5:12 p.m.
logdog wrote: Is the AFC North the Big 10 of the NFL?

I figured they were FSU and Baltimore and Indy were the Oregon Ducks.

Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants MegaDork
1/4/15 5:59 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: At least the Steelers fans have stopped talking about what they did in past years. They're now talking about what they're going to do next year.

I'm guessing supporting a team that has more convictions than super bowl rings is equally exhausting.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
1/4/15 7:36 p.m.

What the hell happened? Detroit was stomping the everloving crap out of Dallas for the first quarter then they went all squishy. That "non-interference" call against Dallas was a complete joke. NFL officiating this year has been ridiculous. Sometimes I hate football.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/4/15 7:38 p.m.
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants wrote:
I'm guessing supporting a team that has more convictions than super bowl rings is equally exhausting.

Did a Steelers fan actually just type that? Really? If Ben Rapelisberger was my QB, I wouldn't be throwing stones.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/4/15 8:14 p.m.

I ended the weekend 0 for 3 on the games I cared about.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/4/15 8:20 p.m.
stroker wrote: That "non-interference" call against Dallas was a complete joke.

Predictable is what it was. The Cowboys have been winning games at home on poor calls since the 70's. It's just how things are done in Dallas. The boys sure called some interesting plays. Does their coach and offensive coordinator not realize they have the top rusher on their team? They repeatedly would not hand him the ball and instead were happy to put their fate in their mediocre quarterback who seemed to be having issues throwing the ball where he wanted it. Matt Stafford had his chance on the final drive, but that drive ended about as I would expect.

On to next week.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/4/15 8:21 p.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

I thought the comment about all the arrests was about the Steelers...now I am confused. Are we talking about the Ravens? Hard to tell.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
1/4/15 8:35 p.m.
T.J. wrote:
stroker wrote: That "non-interference" call against Dallas was a complete joke.
Predictable is what it was. The Cowboys have been winning games at home on poor calls since the 70's. It's just how things are done in Dallas. The boys sure called some interesting plays. Does their coach and offensive coordinator not realize they have the top rusher on their team? They repeatedly would not hand him the ball and instead were happy to put their fate in their mediocre quarterback who seemed to be having issues throwing the ball where he wanted it. Matt Stafford had his chance on the final drive, but that drive ended about as I would expect. On to next week.

I'm not saying this is connected, but:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24652025/is-this-the-nfl-ref-czar-on-cowboys-party-bus-irate-nfl-execs-say-yes

Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants MegaDork
1/4/15 9:16 p.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote:
Did a Steelers fan actually just type that? Really? If Ben Rapelisberger was my QB, I wouldn't be throwing stones.

There's a word for a woman who gets paid for sex. Hint: It's not "victim."

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/5/15 6:12 a.m.
stroker wrote: What the hell happened? Detroit was stomping the everloving crap out of Dallas for the first quarter then they went all squishy. That "non-interference" call against Dallas was a complete joke. NFL officiating this year has been ridiculous. Sometimes I hate football.

that's when i turn the game off … the hand writing was on the wall

and with the way the officials have been instructed to call the games now, there's no way that wasn't pass interference, the defender made zero play on the ball and had his hands all over the receiver …

the rules makers have handcuffed the defenders to the point that 4000 yrs passing is barely an acceptable season now .. and yet they don't call this one .. home field advantage

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/5/15 6:15 a.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote:
There's a word for a woman who gets paid for sex. Hint: It's not "victim."

as the Oregon players reminded Wilson, "no means no" …. regardless of whether there's a contract or not

this is a concept that seems awfully hard for guys to understand … and moaning isn't "consent"

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/5/15 7:52 a.m.

In reply to wbjones:

Winston, not Wilson. That guy is an idiot. I wonder which team will waste their draft pick on him?

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/5/15 8:39 a.m.

yeah …. I "knew" that … sometimes my fingers don't listen to what my "brain" is telling them

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/5/15 8:40 a.m.
T.J. wrote: In reply to wbjones: Winston, not Wilson. That guy is an idiot. I wonder which team will waste their draft pick on him?

I do think that he has QB skills to play in the NFL … just wonder if his head is on tightly enough to make it

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/5/15 9:34 a.m.
wbjones wrote:
T.J. wrote: In reply to wbjones: Winston, not Wilson. That guy is an idiot. I wonder which team will waste their draft pick on him?
I do think that he has QB skills to play in the NFL … just wonder if his head is on tightly enough to make it

Probably Pittsburgh if they like to keep with their franchise image of a QB....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/5/15 10:53 a.m.

It was fun watching Suh cry like a bitch in the post game interview. Sad cause you didn't stomp on any legs?

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/5/15 12:34 p.m.

I'm sure that the Browns will draft Winston.

I mean they have a great track record of picking busts since 2011. Kind of sad that only 1st round pick since 2011 to play more than half the season was Barkevious Mingo. The only 3 they got right since they came back now 15 years ago were Haden, Thomas, and Mack.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
1/5/15 12:40 p.m.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
1/5/15 12:45 p.m.
yamaha wrote: Thus far today, even diehard Bengals fans are saying "Who Dey" not admitting to having a football team.....

Was there a game yesterday??? I must have missed it.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
1/5/15 2:11 p.m.

While watching The Dallas/Detroit game. Regarding penalties my thought as that Jerry must have sent a message. And this was before the "interference" call.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
1/5/15 6:34 p.m.

As a lifelong Detroit fan, I'm a little confused by this whole playoff thing. Now that we lost, is this the appropriate time to begin talking about the 2015 draft? We usually start about mid-October.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
1/6/15 8:37 a.m.
bmw88rider wrote: I'm sure that the Browns will draft Winston. I mean they have a great track record of picking busts since 2011. Kind of sad that only 1st round pick since 2011 to play more than half the season was Barkevious Mingo. The only 3 they got right since they came back now 15 years ago were Haden, Thomas, and Mack.

Haden did not start his season until later, all the picks by Farmer were a disappointment. Michael Lombardi handed him gold and should be credited for how good the team was this year and Ray Farmer is reflective of how terrible, Manziel is not tough enough for the AFC North, even as a Browns fan I know that Ben,Joe,and Andy are the toughest Qb's in the league. They should have drafted Andrew Luck, they blew it.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/6/15 9:49 a.m.

In reply to trigun7469:

Why, if he had been drafted by the Browns he would have turned out to be a bust......its just how the new "Cleveland Browns" operate. They've sucked ever since the real Browns became the Ravens.

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6qUTnqy8JbCs5Gm6XUdGNgLCkKS28ibiNA5XgVRDwEpv6WvaW2gnApdP5ZgLk15k