1 2
Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
2/18/13 10:55 p.m.

Thanks, now I'm craving pizza from the walk-up window that's across the street. I wonder if they're open...

Matt B
Matt B Dork
2/18/13 10:59 p.m.

Newman's Margarita + my own fresh toppings and shredded parmesan/romano cheese. I usually use a lot of spinach, mushrooms, peppers, and whatever meat I happen to have. Black Forest ham works well.

I've found putting your own toppings on the frozen stuff totally transforms the pizza and makes for simple dinner prep (read: lazy).

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
2/18/13 11:21 p.m.
Mitchell wrote: Thanks, now I'm craving pizza from the walk-up window that's across the street. I wonder if they're open...

It was open, and also completely worth the trip.

Frozen pizza? I will eat just about all of them; even a Totino's is edible with enough hot sauce.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/19/13 4:45 a.m.
Ranger50 wrote:
carguy123 wrote: Why gluten free? Do you have celiacs disease?
I have a mild intolerance to gluten. I haven't felt this good in years, since giving up gluten 4-5mo ago.

Bought the same story here. I had a few "false positives" for wheat allergies from some allergy tests over the years.

I stopped eating gluten and I lost 15 lbs within 3 weeks. I also feel much better. True test will be Allergy season. My hayfever allergies are insanely bad and I am trying anything to help.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/19/13 5:41 a.m.
Mitchell wrote: Frozen pizza? I will eat just about all of them; even a Totino's is edible with enough hot sauce.

Pretty much nailed it

akamcfly
akamcfly HalfDork
2/19/13 7:21 a.m.

In Kanaduh, the new recipe McCain rising crust pizza is good - for real. Especially when it's on sale for $3.99

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
2/19/13 8:42 a.m.

So that's where he went after losing the election.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
2/19/13 8:58 a.m.

Kroger store brand dollar pizzas.

Take the pizza and add a handful of shredded cheese (or an American cheese slice) and add some real pepperoni. Nuke the pizza for however long it says on the box. While you do that turn on the broiler for the oven. When the microwave is done open the oven and put the pizza on the oven rack under tbe broiler. When the cheese turns brown it is done. Take about three minutes from opening the box to eating in front of the TV.

I lived off these things for a long time but now I'm married and my wife refuses to eat such things.

slowride
slowride New Reader
2/19/13 8:58 a.m.

In reply to RealMiniDriver: I second Palermo's, although I also like the Garden and the Supreme.

Something about that rising crust doesn't agree with me so I avoid those.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
2/19/13 9:13 a.m.

Also, when it comes to any regular crust frozen pizza*, this makes them perfect, every time, in 16 minutes. No wait to preheat, like a regular oven, either.

*rising crust takes a few more minutes and an extra step, but still makes 'em good. Works for fresh pizzas, too, but Papa Murphy's De-Lite doesn't fit.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
2/19/13 9:28 a.m.

Digiorno. Almost exclusive anymore. Also I have a number of gluten-free friends these days, and I had only heard of it maybe a few years ago.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/19/13 10:26 a.m.
slefain wrote: Kroger store brand dollar pizzas. Take the pizza and add a handful of shredded cheese (or an American cheese slice) and add some real pepperoni. Nuke the pizza for however long it says on the box. While you do that turn on the broiler for the oven. When the microwave is done open the oven and put the pizza on the oven rack under tbe broiler. When the cheese turns brown it is done. Take about three minutes from opening the box to eating in front of the TV. I lived off these things for a long time but now I'm married and my wife refuses to eat such things.

Yes, I've eaten a ton of those over the years. is it sad I enjoy them?

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
2/19/13 10:33 a.m.

Red Baron's Pizzaria Style Pepperoni is the best. This is why...

Crust is good, not just plain crap like most are.

Lots of toppings and sauce.

Sauce actually has little pepperoni pieces in it. THIS is what makes it awesome.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/19/13 10:36 a.m.

I actually like California Pizza Kitchen, and Kroger's in house "Private Selection" frozen pizzas.

HOWEVER, just get a Boboli crust and put whatever you want on that bad boy. 5 minutes to build, max, same amount of time to bake, and it's better.

shelbyz
shelbyz New Reader
2/19/13 10:42 a.m.

Digiorno with the cheese stuffed crust. Mmmm.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
2/19/13 10:52 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote:
Ranger50 wrote:
carguy123 wrote: Why gluten free? Do you have celiacs disease?
I have a mild intolerance to gluten. I haven't felt this good in years, since giving up gluten 4-5mo ago.
Bought the same story here. I had a few "false positives" for wheat allergies from some allergy tests over the years. I stopped eating gluten and I lost 15 lbs within 3 weeks. I also feel much better. True test will be Allergy season. My hayfever allergies are insanely bad and I am trying anything to help.

My allergies are terrible, so I have thought about trying the no gluton thing to see if it helps.

As far as frozen pizza my favorites are Newman's and California Pizza company.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render HalfDork
2/19/13 11:40 a.m.

Freschetta (or whatever it's called) or DiGiorno. I get whichever one is on sale or I have coupons for.

I needed to stop buying so many, though. I gained like 5 lbs from being lazy and just shoving a frozen pizza in the oven after work.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
2/19/13 1:48 p.m.

And Digiorno is kept in the freezer for emergency use, when the fiancee is working late unexpectedly or something similar. In case of emergency, preheat oven to 400F.

Secretariata
Secretariata GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/19/13 8:03 p.m.

Not frozen, but you can purchase pre-made dough balls at some grocery stores that have in-house bakeries. Then you can have whatever topping combo you want. They can be frozen, but that takes away the "quick" part of quick and easy.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/19/13 9:25 p.m.

I tried a Newman's Own tonite. Meh. California Pizza Kitchen is far superior.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hnZlKPmoDaJWSJcx4SmjbaaxZOxF8QoChy3A5vywQw7B3nsE9Np3tm1VZ4ZTpr0l