1 2
californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
11/2/19 8:00 p.m.

Does Ace exchange all Craftsman tools ? 

Or only what that store carries ?

Say I have a 36mm 3/4 drive socket , most places would not carry something like that , 

And do any other stores exchange Craftsman wrench's, sockets , screwdrivers .....

At one time Kmart did , but they are all gone around here , same with Osh hardware..

Thanks for the info

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/2/19 8:10 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

If i've got it, I'll excchange it. a 3/4 36mm is an extremely odd size. I can tell you I do not have that in stock at my store, You'd have to call your local ace store to see if they've got it. I don't know anyone elses policy, but if It's a Craftsman tools, and I have one, I'll to the exchange. Ace pays us for the tools. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/2/19 9:08 p.m.

My local ace does not have any of these tools on sale.  I haz a sad.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/2/19 9:24 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:

My local ace does not have any of these tools on sale.  I haz a sad.

They should. Worst case, order it online and have it delivered to that store. Did you ask anyone?

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
11/3/19 7:46 a.m.

A 36mm  fits Air-cooled VW and Porsche rear axle nuts and flywheel bolt , with a 3 foot breaker bar on them you can sometimes crack that big socket !

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
11/3/19 8:10 a.m.

Tractor supply is also gearing up their sales for before crimmus, saw a ton of dewalt kits and stuff out in the show cases they have. Not to steal sales from Ace or anything. 

Jumper K Balls (Trent) said:

TTI has a licensing agreement to make Ridgid power tools. It's why the ryobi and ridgid multitool thing use the exact same heads.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
11/3/19 11:12 a.m.

The Ace 3 blocks from my house isn't participating and doesn't have any idea that this is going on. 

sad

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/3/19 11:36 a.m.
JamesMcD said:

The Ace 3 blocks from my house isn't participating and doesn't have any idea that this is going on. 

sad

This seems odd. We don't participate in E36 M3 and we have it. Granted they're all franchise and can do pretty much whatever they want (I've been arguing for shorts for a year) but who knows. I do know the site to store sale prices work, so you should be able to order it online and have it sent to the store for free. 

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
11/3/19 11:37 a.m.

OK, I figured out the store delivery thingy. I'm gonna get some stuff. Thanks!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/3/19 8:39 p.m.

I'll have to check this out.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
11/3/19 9:05 p.m.

We seem to have hit a weird confluence of options for pretty much every price range on tools right now. There are a LOT of good options out there for what I consider a bargain. I'm hitting that point in my life where I want multiple copies of the same tool just to I can have them in different places. With pricing so competitive, it makes it easy to just snag another tool to make a "to-go" tool kit, or a trailer tool kit.

NAPA joined the Craftsman conga as well, but they are knocking out their in-house Evercraft tools for a decent price as well. I'm probably going to snag their 100-piece screwdriver set for $20: https://www.napaonline.com/en/flyers

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
11/3/19 9:30 p.m.

I ended up with this stuff for a total of $128.97:

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/19 8:00 a.m.
Jumper K Balls (Trent) said:

I would avoid Fortive. When I was unemployed, they had the opportunity to fix that and they didn't. They are not good at fixing things important to the car-guy community. :)

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
11/4/19 3:57 p.m.

is there an on line page  with the tool deals ?

Thanks

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
11/4/19 5:34 p.m.

It's on the Ace website, but the items in my picture don't show their discount until you put them in your cart. After I filled my cart, I opened a new window and signed up for the rewards program. The original window was smart enough to update automatically with the $20 off the 224 piece set. 

Rodulrich
Rodulrich New Reader
11/18/19 7:04 p.m.

Thanks to Mndsm for posting this!  I nabbed a few items from my local ACE.  I'll go back for some bigger items this week.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/18/19 7:10 p.m.

Warning to those wanting the big tool kit- it was on backorder the last time I went for some. I have at least 4 tagged for my shop, all sold. Had one sitting there for another manager that got bought out while he was on vacation- people are serious about these deals, yall 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
spkHauRysucXlexNcGNl88e3Sr183eNuFRTaqrVnuSIKwH5a1bjob3WZH9gOi2Mz