1 2
Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/6/17 4:37 p.m.

Literally, what's your favorite juice.

I'm trying to cut out all the soft drinks and have for the most part. I'm looking for something to drink when thirsty other than water. I keep water in my cooler, but frequently want something different. I'd prefer something low in added sugar and something fruity. 

What's you go to drink other than beer, liquor, soft drinks, and water. 

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
10/6/17 4:41 p.m.

I like a green tea. I buy the local store brand because it's made with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup which I'm allergic to.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
10/6/17 4:41 p.m.

Some of the low sugar sports drinks.  

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
10/6/17 4:42 p.m.

I drink seltzer. This is my favorite flavor. I like that it comes in real aluminum cans so I'm not wasting plastic bottles but I should convert my old kegerator C02 bottle to just make my own fountain for it. 

On a Friday like today I'll also flavor it with about 2oz of Tito's Vodka. Who am I kidding. 4oz of Tito's vodka.

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
10/6/17 4:43 p.m.

Coffee from 7am to 8pm. Somehow I don't have kidney stones.

The little Mio bottles are pretty good for the most part if you're looking for a flavor adder for water.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/6/17 4:43 p.m.

Many juice drinks can have as much sugar as a soft drink.

My choice is simple cold water with lime in it.  I also like lime flavored sparkling water (little cans of Perrier from Costco)

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/6/17 4:45 p.m.

Pomegranate juice, whatever Tropicana single bottles are on sale at the time 5 for 5, watermelon juice has become a new favorite. And it is the season for Apple cider

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
10/6/17 4:51 p.m.

Iced tea or iced coffee are my go to

Not much of a soda pop guy.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
10/6/17 5:00 p.m.

Most days I cross over from coffee to beer around 3pm. 

I drink a lot of seltzer too, although I've found that Polar is not available everywhere - much to my wife's chagrin, now that we're moving to the west coast.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
10/6/17 5:03 p.m.

Apple juice.  I like orange and pineapple but the acidity is more than I can take except in small doses.  Cranberry and cranberry blends are good.  I always make sure I get 100% juice and not the sugar laden "juice cocktail".

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/6/17 5:03 p.m.

I get the "all fruit" juice like Knudsen and put about 3-5oz (90-150ml) in a glass of seltzer water. It's really good and low in sugar since it's diluted but still flavorful since the juice it's made with is potent. Stuff like black cherry or pomegranate are great like that. 

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/6/17 5:50 p.m.

Club soda/seltzer, preferable with a slice of lime.

The sodastream keeps me from needing to half fill the car with cans on every grocery trip.

Don49
Don49 HalfDork
10/6/17 6:05 p.m.

Flavored water from Walmart. No calories and a good choice of flavors.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/6/17 6:06 p.m.

I drink earth juice.  Most people call it water.  

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
10/6/17 6:27 p.m.

Since ive been cutting back on soda i drink alot of water and gatorade g2.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/6/17 6:30 p.m.

I swithed 3 gallons of diet mountan dew to water. I put the sugar free crystal flavor packs in a 2 liter, freeze half, and throw it in the lunchbox.

Right now lemonade from big lots is my favorite. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/6/17 7:08 p.m.

I make my own juices. Lately my favorite has been a combo of beets/carrots/apples. I call it Beetlejuice. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/6/17 7:13 p.m.

I thought this had something to do with O.J. Simpson getting out of prison cheeky

A local company makes an orange/pineapple drink mix, it's real good!

RossD
RossD MegaDork
10/6/17 7:59 p.m.
aircooled said:

I agree. TheAmerican Academy of Pediatrics thinks so too.

https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/Pages/American-Academy-of-Pediatrics-Recommends-No-Fruit-Juice-For-Children-Under-1-Year.aspx

From the website: 

“Parents may perceive fruit juice as healthy, but it is not a good substitute for fresh fruit and just packs in more sugar and calories,” said Melvin B. Heyman, MD, FAAP

The difference between soda and juice is carbonation. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/6/17 8:07 p.m.
RossD said:
aircooled said:

I agree. TheAmerican Academy of Pediatrics thinks so too.

https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/Pages/American-Academy-of-Pediatrics-Recommends-No-Fruit-Juice-For-Children-Under-1-Year.aspx

From the website: 

“Parents may perceive fruit juice as healthy, but it is not a good substitute for fresh fruit and just packs in more sugar and calories,” said Melvin B. Heyman, MD, FAAP

The difference between soda and juice is carbonation. 

That's the problem I'm running into. The grape juice I bought the other day has 45 grams of sugar in a 10 oz serving. That's as bad or worse than a Coke. Every time I drink one I hear this guy.

There are some good ideas in here I'll have to try. 

Thanks for the suggestions. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/6/17 8:22 p.m.

As a diabetic, I don't drink juice. Well, I can, but I shouldn't. That stuff is packed with sugars/carbs. 

But I do miss Welch's Grape Juice.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/6/17 8:35 p.m.

Ocean spray cran grape cut with water. 

rypycen
rypycen New Reader
10/6/17 8:44 p.m.

Jimmy was a vaper, and a discerning one at that.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/6/17 9:01 p.m.

I switched out all soda around 2010

I have a hard time drinking straight water unless I've mowed the lawn, or some other hot-outside thing.

Most of the time I'll drink french press coffee 'till about 5pm, I prefer the body of french press over most drip setups.  After 5pm... depending on weather, I'll switch between some type of tea, or tea over ice with a bit of low-sugar limonade, or just ice/water/half-a-squeezed-lemon (0.5L).  Crunching the ice breaks up drinking water and keeps it cold which... I dunno, makes it more fun/enjoyable... special?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/6/17 9:04 p.m.

Coffee. I was a Mt. Dew guy for years. Then Coke. I've gone away from caffeine a couple of times but I like the highs and lows of addiction and coffee is about the most benign of addictions. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MeLfSLxmMo3fbZesDNU5Xd50IxCSn9ytahQ2jNtvGH1dbK8QojKpfKjSovXetB7X