1 2 3
cwh
cwh SuperDork
2/16/12 5:32 p.m.

In the supermarket parking lot, a really cool looking SUV pulled across my path. Shiny black paint, nice rims and tires, dark tint on the windows, just a really nice looking ride. Then I saw the Aztek tag. Say what??!! It had had all that goofy cladding painted body color, and actually looked very nice. Who would have thought that possible!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
2/16/12 5:38 p.m.

What are you smoking?

iceracer
iceracer SuperDork
2/16/12 5:39 p.m.

Isn't that an oxymoron ?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/16/12 5:49 p.m.

You should see your psychiatrist and eye doctor immediately. Something is very wrong with you, seek help, for all our sakes.

PHeller
PHeller Dork
2/16/12 5:58 p.m.

You were influenced by this: Or maybe it was this...

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
2/16/12 6:04 p.m.

Puts on flame suit..... I don't think Aztecs are all that bad

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
2/16/12 6:07 p.m.

Have you been seeing the same dealer as Whitney Houston?
Stay out of the bath tub.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
2/16/12 6:08 p.m.

LSD is a hell of a drug.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
2/16/12 6:08 p.m.

We've got about six to eight around where I live in good, running shape. None seemingly the worse for wear. It's spooky.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
2/16/12 6:42 p.m.

Aztecs are only cool when driven by Walter White.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
2/16/12 6:46 p.m.

I like Aztecs. That E36 M3 was way ahead of its time. Look at the prius ferchrissake. I would rock the one dude drives on breaking bad. It's a drop and some limo tint away from looking wicked. YMMV.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
2/16/12 6:48 p.m.

Hmmm. Time to start a new VS thread based on looks only: Lotus Europa vs Pontiac Aztec.

eg6ajk
eg6ajk New Reader
2/16/12 7:03 p.m.

Twin_Cam wrote: Aztecs are only cool when driven by Walter White.

Quoted for Truth

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
2/16/12 7:08 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: Aztecs are only cool when driven by Walter White.

Even better when driven by Heisenberg!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/16/12 7:08 p.m.

pinchvalve
2/16/12 7:09 p.m.

pinchvalve
2/16/12 7:09 p.m.

pinchvalve
2/16/12 7:10 p.m.

Dewie says, "no contest. The Aztek is the winner!"

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
2/16/12 7:10 p.m.

the "good looking Aztec" had a Buick badge on it and i think was called a "Rendezvous".. Tiger Woods sold them- which i guess is kind of ironic as we look back on it...

failboat
failboat Dork
2/16/12 7:12 p.m.

Later ones have painted body cladding. Coworker has a 2003 with about 240k on it, it seems to ride nice for the mileage. He likes it and wants to get another when this one needs replacing. I kinda like it

Klayfish
Klayfish HalfDork
2/17/12 6:52 a.m.

The Aztec gets a much worse wrap than it deserves. I don't think it was a great car by any stretch, probably wasn't even good. But it just became the victim of media jokes. Once a few "experts" called it ugly, it just spread like wildfire.

Like poopshovel said, look at other cars now. How different is the style design from cars like the Prius, Crosstour, X6, etc...? They may pull the look off a bit better, but it's similar in concept. For the record, I don't care for any of those cars either.

ST_ZX2
ST_ZX2 HalfDork
2/17/12 7:02 a.m.

After viewing this thread...I need to go drive the porcelain bus. Remind me to not come here again.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde HalfDork
2/17/12 7:21 a.m.

Ya know, I've always decried them as murdering all that was sacred in automotive good taste.....but now there are a lot of similar looking cars/crossovers. I've also seen a couple with s small lift and knobby tires that looked pretty rockin - and they seem like a good transport vehicle for mountain biking too.

Were any of them actually AWD?

BBsGarage
BBsGarage HalfDork
2/17/12 7:33 a.m.

I thought you meant one of these.

pinchvalve
2/17/12 7:47 a.m.

They did come in an AWD variant, and I remember a C&D test of the Buick variation in which they were quite surprised at it's off road ability. I had one as a rental car when I took the family to Disney, and for that purpose the Aztec was a great car.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X2dr1CCUXGmELs6Wy0LpjvmxOmhC1VkRQZ5HHHg6g7SXZjhjN6VeM6Y3ORQ4JTX8