1 2 3
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/17/20 10:57 a.m.

Just a light amount overnight here at the most southern part of all The Great Lakes. 

These pics were 10am-ish. I expect it all to be mostly gone my 3pm-ish

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/17/20 11:01 a.m.

the 12 year old was not amused I was taking pictures of her shoveling.

the 5 year old on the other hand, is having the time of her life.

6, maybe 8 inches fell here yesterday

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
12/17/20 11:03 a.m.

you know that song?... 

all it does is rain, rain, rain down on me

i would post the lyrics but they are nsfw and i don't feel like substituting right now.

rain by the script

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/17/20 11:34 a.m.

We got a good 8 inches but it's being cleared pretty quickly.

This will interest no one but me, but the future is pretty neat.  We can't run Artic buses in the snow because they are prone to jackknifing and getting stuck.  The new all electric ones have a second set of motors in the center axle and have run without incident.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
12/17/20 11:36 a.m.

29" in central/western NH and still DUMPING. I had to plow my driveway in 10' increments just to get out to work this morning.  

It's been a very very long time since I've seen snow fall at such an intense pace for so long.  Halloween 2010 (?) comes to mind, but even then... 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/17/20 11:46 a.m.
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) said:

Southwest of Philly and got 6-8" then rain/ice so it's packed nicely into an ice brick everywhere.

Where are you located?  If you told me before, I forget, sorry.  I'm just over the border in NW Delaware.  We're probably close-ish.

We got about 5" of snow which changed to sleet and freezing rain, which then froze overnight.  Which is the worst of both worlds.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/17/20 11:52 a.m.

This was November 9 for me.  And it blew in, so it wasn't fluffy. And the ground was warm from really nice weather the week before, so the bottom inch or two was melty and stuck to the shovel.

As my friend Lindsay used to say, "That's heart attack E36 M3."

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/17/20 11:53 a.m.

A bit. 

LarryNH (Forum Supporter)
LarryNH (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/17/20 12:02 p.m.

17" in my yard in Central NH and it's still snowing.  4' drift on back deck.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
12/17/20 12:10 p.m.

Here's how much stayed on the porch railing.

We measured 10" last night before bed. Today shoveling the car out, it had to be a foot or more in some spots. (Especially where the plow trucks pushed it off the roads.)

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
12/17/20 12:26 p.m.

Just up the road a mile or two from Rev and Pinchy in the better part of town. Kidding. We measured 9" of snow. South of Pittsburgh. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/17/20 12:31 p.m.

They predicted 7-10" we got 20+.  In a few spots, the only thing seen is me walking behind a chute spitting snow.  If I bought a bigger snow thrower, this would never happen again.

See the red pole by the back wheel?  It's a steel casting with a cannon ball welded on, to tie up horses.

Summer:

Today:

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/17/20 12:36 p.m.

We were predicted to get 1" and we got 3. I ain't mad. It's not enough to even get out the snowblower until there's 4+

sobe_death
sobe_death Dork
12/17/20 12:37 p.m.
Jim Pettengill said:

Out here in Colorado I measured 32 inches on my deck between Friday and Tuesday, we really need it, so happy to get it.  Biggest single dump I've measured in 20 years.

Oooh, yeah, y'all got pounded out where you are!  I had planned to drive out to Montrose on Sunday, but it was a bit daunting...

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
12/17/20 12:40 p.m.

We got about a foot here 40 miles SW of Boston, pretty much spot on with the forecast.  It’s still snowing but I doubt we’ll get more than another inch or two.  Light and fluffy so it was pretty easy to deal with, the snowblower will throw this stuff over 40 feet.   We’ve had a lot worse.  It’s pretty cold for snow, 16 F this morning just 20 now. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
12/17/20 1:12 p.m.

!2" here in Easton, much less than predicted. Both cars shoveled out and one of my great neighbors ran his blower down my sidewalk, so all is good!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/17/20 2:15 p.m.

OK, this isn't funny,  my friend Jeanne's Dad passed away a few days ago, he ws to be buried at the Saratoga National Cemetary today, they ended up pushing the hearse out of a snow bank....

She said Dad was looking down laughing.

thedoc
thedoc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/17/20 3:06 p.m.

This was one and a half hour after driving in.

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
12/17/20 3:23 p.m.

Having just shoveled my cars out, I must say I failed to fully appreciate the absence of this hateful white plague in the last couple years. Yeah, it looks nice (at least before it turns greyish), but that's what pictures are for. I've got mine. It can go away now.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
12/17/20 3:40 p.m.

18" here in northeast PA(Dallas) and 4' drifts up and down the driveway. NOT FUN!

ggarrard
ggarrard GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/17/20 3:58 p.m.

Snow has completely stayed south of us here in Ottawa, but given the current temps (-12c/10f) I’d rather have the white stuff...

Forecast doesn’t look promising at this stage for a white Christmas with only 2 to 4 cm (1 to 2”) of snow possible this coming weekend...  but... we're going to look at a used snowmobile tomorrow...laugh

Gordon

iceracer
iceracer MegaDork
12/17/20 5:59 p.m.

News paper said 12",   After getting out side, I concur.

68TR250
68TR250 Reader
12/17/20 6:13 p.m.

My sisters in Valley Forge, PA got about 5 inches.  We got nothing in Zebulon, GA.

iceracer
iceracer MegaDork
12/18/20 11:35 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) :

Glad my FiST is in my garage.and the Blizzaks  are on.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/18/20 11:41 a.m.

Thankfully no. I'm hoping that we'll miss out on it entirely this year since I bought snow tires for the boring appliance car.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zFqbSgU9DFDYMEIu0dFfIWO7Dl9pTBzefx7SMCBFNZv0CIWeY2YvtNc05Hnlw8bb